How bad was your first PC?

abt

This thread makes me feel old but nostalgic at the same time. I remember when most of these processors and systems were top of the line and just mind blowing in terms of speed. Not to mention the "massive" jumps in cpu speed that happened in such a short amount of time.

HP p6780t ~$1000 mid-range (i5-2400 @ 3.1Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Home Premium 19in 1400x900 monitor) in other words, in didn't run many games and none of them well. I still have it, but only my family uses it I have my mega-rig. :P

An Athlon 64 X2 2400+ with 2GB of RAM and a 250GB hard drive. No dedicated GPU. Only the weak-ass chipset on the motherboard.

My first one was 

Core 2 Duo E6700

Geforce 210

3gb DDR2

My second first computer

i7 4790K

GTX 780

16GB ram

good shit 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

It was 20 years ago and i don't remember exactly what i had but it looked something like this... It had a 60Mhz CPU 80Mhz on turbo mode which was triggered with a button on the front of the case. I had as far as i remember 3D Hercules GPU in it and it could actually run 3D games o_O Windows 95 + Norton Commander rocks xD

attachicon.gifU0RPjrM.jpg

The computer in the picture is configured to not keep the taskbar on top of other windows... can't unsee!  :blink:

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Haha i still glow in the dark because of all that time spent in front of CRT monitor ^^

I still use a CRT TV for Wii games... 0 ms input lag! :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I had a MacBook? 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

All of these powerhouses of computers people had. 

I had a 386 AST laptop. 

s-l1000.jpg

Then a 486 IBM Desktop. 

Then a Dual Pentium 2 IBM. 

Then a Pentium 3 Desktop, then pentium 2 laptop, Pentium 4 desktop. AthonXP desktop, Duron deskop, Athlon 64 desktop, Celeron, Core 2 Duo (several), Core 2 Quad (several), an i5 3570k, and finally my i7 4790K. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

First pc ever would be the commodore 64, Intel based was a 286 10 mhz IBM and apple was the old apple ii. All family computers, besides the apple one.

First personal computer was an amd k6 333. Which was given to me by my grand dad. Then have had 5 computers since 2003.

First PC was the family computer that my parents STILL use to this day. 

It had Windows XP on it at first but eventually went through Vista and now has Windows 7 on it. 

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.8 GHz

I think it only had 1 gig of ram at first but I upgraded it to 4GB sticks I salvaged from old computers that I was given bc they were broken. 

Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE - the graphics card that Ran Sims 2 for years on end

It was a Dell Dimension of some sort. 

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

FX 4130

GT 610

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

My first PC was a Toshiba laptop which had 2 gb of ram, 120 gb hdd, 1.8 ghz Single core Celeron 540 performs like a pentium 4, and it's a very slow.  From 2008.

I still have my first PC and still goin' strong :) the CPU is a Intel Core 2 Duo- from like 10 million years ago. Nothing fancy really but since I am 13 da muni is somewhat hard to get at the moment :)

And free heating :P

Nah, I could get a Mt. Vesuvius - I mean 295x2 for that :P

7311.jpg

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 | Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 |

OS Drive: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 SSD | Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB

ibm_ps1_explained.jpg

I started on an IBM PS/1

I still like those, and the 70 series with MCA cards!

Hp probook 6730b

Core 2 Duo p8400 mobile 2.26ghz

2gb ddr2

Intel gma4500hd gpu

Pc is still used for recording sevalence cams

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

My first PC was a 17 in laptop i3, iGPU, upgraded to 8 GB. I played TF2 on it until I got my gaming PC

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

mine was a main stream pc after my dads pc

dads pc 2800xp

2000-2010 athlon 2800xp+

2010-2013 955BE

2013-2014 i5 ivy

2015-present haswell i5

lives on

BAKABT

Pentium D

4GB DDR2

GT 220

Almost had the same system :P I had a GT 210...

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

And free heating :P

LCD screens are better for that-both of mine are pumping out more heat than my desktop, and one of them is LED backlit.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

my first pc was verry old 75 mhz cpu with 16mb ram i was play on it quake 1 nfs 1 and 2 .. i think was Hp but i am not so sure was bean 15 years form that time 

Pentium 4 , 768mb RAM and some random Nvidia graphics card back in 2006.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P