Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

7 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Honestly the standard edition has plenty of content to please you for the next month or two, and by the time you do consider the DLC (32+ cars, 6 tracks) you can probably wait for the season pass to go on sale.

Exactly what Im doing, also to see if the DLC is worth buying this time around 

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

8 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Was this during the network issues that were happening 11-12h ago ?

7 hours ago, Technicolors said:

anyone ever have, or using the Thrustmaster T150? 

I have one, its amazing for the price, but make sure to get the T150 Pro or what ever the version with the T3PA pedals are called, you will regret not having them 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

11 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Honestly the standard edition has plenty of content to please you for the next month or two, and by the time you do consider the DLC (32+ cars, 6 tracks) you can probably wait for the season pass to go on sale.

6 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Haven't played it enough... 

but it's just extra content... I may just buy the DLC or something a year from now when it all inevitably goes on sale as a package for real cheep. 

Been busy... trying to find a good job when I get out of school so I can make that sweet dough, yo.

3 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Exactly what Im doing, also to see if the DLC is worth buying this time around 

ok, if i see the deluxe edition for a cheap price (the standard edition price would be cheap enough xD ) im grabbing it, but other than that ... standard it is 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

9 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

people need to learn to drive tho ...

4 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

I have one, its amazing for the price, but make sure to get the T150 Pro or what ever the version with the T3PA pedals are called, you will regret not having them 

that one is even rarer than the t150

5 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

that one is even rarer than the t150

but sadly the T150 2 pedal set is crap, either need to get a T150 and the T3PA pedals separately or the T150 that comes with those pedals, maybe if you cant find the T150 try the TMX Pro , same wheel only T150 is with PS support and TMX is with xbox support and both support PC

the 2 pedal set that comes with the T150 is quite easy to press the pedals and i personally had to use just my big toe to not fully press the pedal when i tried it

then again its way better than the Logitech DFGT set i had xD 

6 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

people need to learn to drive tho ...

The PCars2 pub servers are a complete joke right now. You have to race clean and do well to increase your license rating but that's near impossible to do when people keep literally punting you off the track (when you pull along side) and rear-end you in every braking zone. Note: when people hit you and cause you to crash or spin, it knocks YOUR license rating down as well. Complete BS, IMO. I have yet to complete a clean pub race and I have tried entering quite a few. Furthest I make it is a few laps and boom, someone hits me. 

Will be sticking to league racing for any online stuff. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

7 hours ago, The Owl said:

No this was last week

2 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

The PCars2 pub servers are a complete joke right now. You have to race clean and do well to increase your license rating but that's near impossible to do when people keep literally punting you off the track (when you pull along side) and rear-end you in every braking zone. Note: when people hit you and cause you to crash or spin, it knocks YOUR license rating down as well. Complete BS, IMO. I have yet to complete a clean pub race and I have tried entering quite a few. Furthest I make it is a few laps and boom, someone hits me. 

Honestly after 100 recorded races, theres a method to the madness. First: don"t bother qualifying. If its a car/track combo you are comfortable with, more often than not your pace will be enough to finish top 10.

Avoid anything ranked U100 if you can; the minimum you should be looking for is 1300 and F/D lobbies are usually a lot cleaner. GT3 tends to be a mess but if its an odd class chances are you can come out with a top 3 or a victory.

Look for lobby settings specifically. Anything near 10 laps is long enough to salvage a good license progression out of. Avoid anything with manual rolling starts. Be wary of lobbies with damage enabled. I find single make races (whether by host changes or otherwise) result in better racing. 

General rule of thumb is slower cars are better lobbies for anything below a D license, when you get to around B then GT3 becomes pretty fun and competitive. Progression from U to A takes maybe 25 clean races of at least 5 laps in length.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

yeah, then its exactly like iracing, only iracing has decent people who only crash you on the 1st lap in the 1st turn xD 

on a side note ... got the standard Pcars2 for 45 euros ... i'd say that is quite a nice deal ... when its 60 euros on steam ... 

5 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

No this was last week

Honestly after 100 recorded races, theres a method to the madness. First: don"t bother qualifying. If its a car/track combo you are comfortable with, more often than not your pace will be enough to finish top 10.

Avoid anything ranked U100 if you can; the minimum you should be looking for is 1300 and F/D lobbies are usually a lot cleaner. GT3 tends to be a mess but if its an odd class chances are you can come out with a top 3 or a victory.

Look for lobby settings specifically. Anything near 10 laps is long enough to salvage a good license progression out of. Avoid anything with manual rolling starts. Be wary of lobbies with damage enabled. I find single make races (whether by host changes or otherwise) result in better racing. 

General rule of thumb is slower cars are better lobbies for anything below a D license, when you get to around B then GT3 becomes pretty fun and competitive. Progression from U to A takes maybe 25 clean races of at least 5 laps in length.

Thanks, I'll keep all this in mind. I'm almost thinking it's even better just to take it easy, stay out of trouble and not worry too much about where you finish (though still try and finish well). Let the "clowns" sort them selves out. ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

6 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

on a side note ... got the standard Pcars2 for 45 euros ... i'd say that is quite a nice deal ... when its 60 euros on steam ... 

Which is what we got ours for thanks to the steam discount for PC1 owners :P

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Watching 24H of Portimao highlights when suddenly theres a full Imsim motion rig with VR playing PC2.

Having just tried out a full motion rig last night with a Fanatec CSW V2 and CV1 setup, this is something to keep an eye out for sure. Especially since it ships with a pretty quality direct drive wheel (also had the pleasure of playing with an AccuForce last night and I am ruined now).

Mind you we're looking at low five figures when it hits the market.

Speaking of I was at the open house for Simulation1 last night where they had five PC2 rigs setup in Simetek K2 cockpits with bittkickers. Full complement of T300/T3PA/TH8A to play with running project cars 2. Won my heats pretty easily because of my unfair gametime advantage but the game is pretty responsive on the T300. Pedals are a lot softer than what I'm used to with the G27 but the belt driven wheel had good FFB for SP300R/Laguna Seca.

Winning each heat granted you access to three of their premier demo rigs:

Playseat F1 cockpit / Fanatec CSW V2 / Oculus CV1 / iRacing Formula @ Spa

Obutto R3volution triple screen / Accuforce Pro V2 / Heusinkveld Sim Pro System / Assetto Corsa GT3 @ Spa

Full 3D motion rig / Fanatec CSW V2 / Oculus CV1 / iRacing Z4 GT3 @ Mosport

Again, the motion rig is definitely the most immersive and the fanatec setup felt quality, but the direct drive rig was hands down my favourite as a driver. Much better control over the car than any of the belt drive wheels that night and while the pedals were a lot stiffer than I was used to (and frankly I hate triple 24" screens) I am 100% convinced direct drive is the way to go.

Also holy crap the heusinkveld pedals felt amazing. Maybe if they were tuned properly I could enjoy them more, and as a value piece of gear I would probably go for Fanatec V3 pedals, but man I now understand why EmptyBox loves these things. Definitely a quality piece of equipment.

Although I feel like the Simplicity SW20 may be a slightly better base than the AF but no real way to test one in Canada.

As far as a business goes Simulation1 does charge a hefty premium for nearly all of their inventory but in terms of immediate delivery and general availability of gear, they have everyone in the area beat.

https://www.simulation1.ca/products/accuforce-pro-v2-steering-system-complete/

https://www.simulation1.ca/products/heusinkveld-sim-3-pedals-pro-system/

Folding@Home | BOINC

10 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Which is what we got ours for thanks to the steam discount for PC1 owners :P

i do have PC1 ... i feel cheated ....

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

i do have PC1 ... i feel cheated ....

Was a pre-order discount*

Folding@Home | BOINC

Just now, chaozbandit said:

Was a pre-order discount*

ahhhh... i see :/ 

@chaozbandit i think im gonna run the game on lowest settings, plus i need halp with the FFB .... feels weird AF xD 

1 hour ago, Mister2010 said:

@chaozbandit i think im gonna run the game on lowest settings, plus i need halp with the FFB .... feels weird AF xD 

Try using the raw flavour in game, if not load up jack spade's ffb files.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files

Im still on a pad so I can't help you.

Also a gtx850m can run the game on lowest settings so you should be fine.

Folding@Home | BOINC

20 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Try using the raw flavour in game, if not load up jack spade's ffb files.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files

Im still on a pad so I can't help you.

Also a gtx850m can run the game on lowest settings so you should be fine.

im running it well on medium ... somehow feels stuttery ... might be me being tired 

and ill look into the FFB files 

Just now, Mister2010 said:

im running it well on medium ... somehow feels stuttery ... might be me being tired 

and ill look into the FFB files 

Go through the settings, especially "render frames ahead"

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

Go through the settings, especially "render frames ahead"

its set on 1 ... 

i am super enjoying the Ginetta junior cup ... so much freaking fun 

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

Oh man.. still salty that i can't use my G27 with the PS4, gonna have to play the game with gamepad when it comes out.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |