Linus New Car Fundraiser

JLCitadel
Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

The Civic IS my legitimate daily driver. The other car I own (Suzuki XL7) I got for super cheap from my parents. It's the company car and we needed one so we could haul our trailer.

With that said, I don't need the community to buy me a car.

If I really wanted a better car than what I'm driving, I'd have bought one years ago. I had a really good job before I started spending all my money on new studios :P

In light of the Pimp my Civic videos, I felt bad for Linus, and wondered what the rest of the community would think if he was to hold a for example, 30 Day Fundraiser for a new car, how many people would donate? I've linked a straw poll for everyone to cast their opinion, feel free to comment and say why you think it's a good or bad idea and how you would react.

http://strawpoll.me/5582232/

My personal opinion? I think it would be interesting and fun, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed, and if it happened I'd probably donate a few hundred. However I can see the negative implications of it.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about you donate a car to me instead of Linus?

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I would be more interested in community funded rig giveaways. Unfortunately, if Canadian law is anything like the American ones on lottery drawings, things would be too complicated to have people buy tickets and use that money towards a prize.

How about you donate a car to me instead of Linus?

That's not what was said. The post asks for your opinion on the thought of LMG holding a community based fundraiser to help Linus get a new car of some kind. (be it used / new / lease etc..)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i would love to do this

Why not donate the money to some starving children instead?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

In light of the Pimp my Civic videos, I felt bad for Linus, and wondered what the rest of the community would think if he was to hold a for example, 30 Day Fundraiser for a new car, how many people would donate? I've linked a straw poll for everyone to cast their opinion, feel free to comment and say why you think it's a good or bad idea and how you would react.

My personal opinion? I think it would be interesting and fun, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed, and if it happened I'd probably donate a few hundred. However I can see the negative implications of it.

Linus makes more then enough money if he wanted a new car, he'd get a new car. End of story. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

He already bought a better car. (Which is probably the only reason he let them paint it.)

Lord of Helium.

He already bought a better car.

he did?

when?

If linus wanted a better car, he could have one. No questions asked.

It's just he has priorities that are different. He has a family and kids to worry about, a "good looking car" isn't really that important.

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Im sure Linus has a car, i highly doubt that POS civic was his only car lol.  And NO i wouldnt donate anyway  :P

he did?

when?

During the move in vlogs he said he bought his parents SUV. (Thats what I remember, might have the wrong videos)

Lord of Helium.

During the move in vlogs he said he bought his parents SUV.

hum

i would pitch in to help him buy a tesla p85d. so he can initiate insane mode like crazy lol

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The Civic IS my legitimate daily driver. The other car I own (Suzuki XL7) I got for super cheap from my parents. It's the company car and we needed one so we could haul our trailer.

If I really wanted a better car than what I'm driving, I'd have bought one years ago. I had a really good job before I started spending all my money on new studios :P

#pinkcivicmasterraceCAR

Absolutely not, a newish decent condition used car isnt that much and there is no way someone in his position cant get one if its something he wanted.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

hell yeah cuz the Honda he has would be stolen here in Cali for parts.

Love the wording daily driver... (Only CA/US lol me being UK)

The last car I owned was 15 years ago, a Ford Fiesta 1.1, now if I need to go anywhere it's usually a client wants me there so I expect them to sort that out for me or send a rental. It is nice to feel a good car however but I still wouldnt fork out the cash for a car the price of a house, I'd rather rainy day sums like that.

Well I suppose we can call this case closed!

hell yeah cuz the Honda he has would be stolen here in Cali for parts.

Haha I have a 98 accord and I get that all the time :P

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City