What Password Manager do you use?

The Pizza Thief

Extreme safety:

-Get a new cheap laptop

-Put a randomized BIOS/UEFI password on that computer

-Put a randomized password for the account on Windows

-Have a folder/RAR that has a randomized password

-Put a text file inside the password-locked folder/RAR with all your passwords on them

-Put all the passwords on separate pieces of paper and scatter them around the house

-Put that shitty computer inside a safe.

ik this won't work

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Keepass is completely offline. It also NEVER ask to go online, unless you choose for it to automatically check for updates (I haven't, and my firewall hasn't told me that keepass wanted internet access yet either)

It's also portable, so you can put it on a USB key or something.

All someone would need is two of your passwords, even one, and they would be able to decode this. So, instead of gmail, use something that reminds you of gmail?

I know a dozen or so people who do this, so it's not uncommon and hackers know it ;)

I use Lastpass and I love it. It's what I would recommend. I tried the paper thing, and I tried the word document thing, but it became too much of a hassel to update after every site. Lastpass just saves it and auto fills login info. It makes it so much easier.

Well then carve them into your desk, unless strangers come into your house

.txt file on a encrypted 256 mb USB drive is what im doing 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Use lastpass. Not only is it online accessible so you can use it from different computers but the browser plugin is really excellent.

The key thing to understand about lastpass is it stores the repository of your passwords encrypted, they can't access the passwords without your master password. So to get at your passwords a hacker needs that primary password or more computing performance than is even remotely available in the world. Combine that with all the addon features, like how it can search to see if your accounts have ever been part of a leak of data and if your account is compromised and a report on security based on all sorts of factors, the password generator for it is amazingly powerful and good for dealing with sites that have certain restrictions.

Honestly its just a great service. All your eggs are indeed in one basket but its the best basket.

So with the new breach I have decided its finally time to use a separate password for everything. The only problem is I dont want to memorize 20+ 16bit passwords. Nothing software based. The problem with paper is that I will lose it.. I guarantee it..

paper+pen+under your bed.

Btw...

You can hide your passwords as a contact on your phone.

paper+pen+under your bed.

Btw...

You can hide your passwords as a contact on your phone.

Google auto syncs my contacts

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Google auto syncs my contacts

well if you had an iPhone no h8 not trying to say anything bad but.

Ios9 saves the passes on your phone and you you can track then in settings.

well if you had an iPhone no h8 not trying to say anything bad but.

Ios9 saves the passes on your phone and you you can track then in settings.

I want google to sync my contacts...

Its an option.

$secrettext = base64_encode(mcrypt_encrypt(MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256, self::$securekey, $input, MCRYPT_MODE_ECB, self::$iv));

$secrettext = $this->convertSpecialCharacters($secrettext);

return $secrettext;

I want google to sync my contacts...

Its an option.

ohh yeah ok then keep the password as a contact for example

Name: LinusTechTips.com

Pass: will be like phone number or email thing: Gr8$n00pD0ggB8

You can use 7zip / rar / zip encryption on any files you wish, store how you want (excel, open office, text etc) and then encrypt using 7zip, rar, zip, lzh, lha etc

If your NSA paranoid, create your own number base with random characters from the standard keyboard then create your own algorhythm (very easy) with a 1MB length randomly generated string to use for encoding. Save that encoding string to a usb key and write a program to request that file from the usb key each time you want to access it.

If your NSA paranoid, create your own number base with random characters from the standard keyboard then create your own algorhythm (very easy) with a 1MB length randomly generated string to use for encoding. Save that encoding string to a usb key and write a program to request that file from the usb key each time you want to access it.

I would fork out all my savings before succumbing to such an inconvenience...

If done correctly a 1MB encryption key (1024bit encryption key) would be sweet. Personally I would go for a 10mb string would make it year 3000 uncrackable.

Last time I made something like this was to transfer web cam image to a server back in the 56k modem days. So i devised a compression algorhythm, think of a sheet of numbers and you fold that sheet in 1/2 (add the numbers) etc. By the time I finished I got a 1024x768 image compressed with zero quality loss by 70%

Well an lmg employee sticked a piece of paper under his desk, not sure if it was Brandon or edzel or someone else

I use 2 passes for all my accs lol and are easy as fuck but I'm not afraid anything will happen. This gonna cost me much down the line lol

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

notepad-pen-5178178.jpg

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Lastpass Premium with 2 Factor Enabled for most stuff.

Random ASCII passwords (12-36 chars That I know by heart for the rest)

I use Norton Identity Safe since it came with Norton. No issues with it so far. I still make the passwords memorable though in case.

Why isn't 1Password in the list? I think it's really nice and even though it cost a bit but it's one time and all the hashed password files are in my control so i can put them wherever I feel is the safest, not in the hands of some corporation. 

I would use my own system where I take a string and hash it with some easy to remember way for each website so i still have security and no website has the same password but I've run into a problem with that system.. some websites ONLY allow letters (idiots..) and some only letters and numbers (somewhat idiots..) OR have a character limit! but then on the other hand some websites FORCE you to have capitals, numbers and a symbol. the problem with that is there's no way to be consistent and know what password pattern to use for each site. and the other problem is when you do need to change your password for a site.. your pattern breaks because what would normally be consistent is then busted. would be nice if there was a better way then a password manager but at least if anything happens to your memory or something (if you thought ahead) you could have a piece of paper hidden in your closet or something with the password to your password manager and be able to access stuff (or if you die and your family needs access to something for some reason) but that would very quickly be broken if you didn't have trusted people around. bit long-winded there, sorry.

-Tony

A combination of memory and placing them in various documents is fine.

i use KeePass with Password and key file on a usb stick

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

What made you go for KeePass, I'm right in between LastPass and KeePass but I think I will go with KeePass, I don't like that LP is in the cloud, I don't like that is active as a browser plugin, plus it's the hipster choice lol.

Literally the fact that I can install it on my old laptop and pretty much make it almost impossible for other people to get my passwords easily.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

My Brain is the best Manager.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I just use the same password for all my accounts. Kinda easy to remember this way.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Usually it would just be "Keep me signed in" but other then that nothing.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Another vote for 1password. It's really good and allows you to store your Vault where you want.

I have my Vault synced with Dropbox which is protected with a password stored in the vault.