What Password Manager do you use?

The Pizza Thief

Hey there, after reading about the Linus Tech Tips Security Breach I just realized I need to do some password management. So this is pretty straightforward, what password manager do you use? Which one do you recommend? Is there a drawback to using a program like this? If I missed a good one let me know and I'll add it. 

Hey there, after reading about the Linus Tech Tips Security Breach I just realized I need to do some password management. So this is pretty straightforward, what password manager do you use? Which one do you recommend? Is there a drawback to using a program like this? If I missed a good one let me know and I'll add it. 

I use an excel spreadsheet that is encrypted on a 8GB thumb drive that only ever gets plugged into my windows 95 machine that hasn't seen the internet since it's last format in 2001.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

i wouldnt trust my passwords with a single program

Fallout 4 

LTT's Tumblr Consultant 

I use an excel spreadsheet that is encrypted on a 8GB thumb drive that only ever gets plugged into my windows 95 machine that hasn't seen the internet since it's last format in 2001.

Well, that works ! And where do you store the password for that thumb drive? lol

Well, that works ! And where do you store the password for that thumb drive? lol

*taps temple* up here youngling, up here. 

I use a Hexadecimal password for the encryption. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Here's some more you could add:

1. Remembering passwords??? I only use one for everything!

2. I remember my most common one, all the others need password resets all the time.

3. Notepad  :lol: 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Never. PW managers are a tragedy waiting to happen.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I use the google chrome password manager. Most of the passwords I use i know by heart, if something does come up.

notepad

file copied to all devices

don't need an email telling the password manager from the cloud got hacked..

Isn't that also risky? If you get some kind of virus from a file you downloaded and someone gets access to that file. 

It sounds risky I know, but if you have a password manager you can use really difficult password combinations that you wouldn't be able to remember otherwise. 

This. I have a few written down on paper, in a fire/explosion proof safe. 

Lastpass is the first and last you will ever need to use.

Pick a browser, pick a phone it just works.

Just realized LastPass also had kind of a security breach recently they say as a result they are more prepared to attacks. https://blog.lastpass.com/2015/06/lastpass-security-notice.html/

Thats what I like about lastpass.

Master password in case someone gets a hold of your pc or gets access to it.

Password generation with with up to 100 characters and will update passwords you change at a forum level. 

It sounds risky I know,..

it isn't like it is named passwords, and it doesn't use a .txt extension so it will

not stick out like a sore thumb to knowing it is a password file. making it like a

sub-file to the OS and know one will know it is there ('cept me).

when security breaches within governments are an issue with crypto this and

super key that, and cloud deflation happening, i just prefer to keep it local.

Just realized LastPass also had kind of a security breach recently they say as a result they are more prepared to attacks. https://blog.lastpass.com/2015/06/lastpass-security-notice.html/

As the old saying goes, what man can make man can break.

Everything has pros and cons, even putting things in a note pad has cons.

Bottom line use what you feel comfortable using.

As the old saying goes, what man can make man can break.

Everything has pros and cons, even putting things in a note pad has cons.

Bottom line use what you feel comfortable using.

I think I'll give one of this Password manager thingys a try and see how it goes, I won't put all my passwords right away I'll try with the least importants.

it isn't like it is named passwords, and it doesn't use a .txt extension so it will

not stick out like a sore thumb to knowing it is a password file. making it like a

sub-file to the OS and know one will know it is there ('cept me).

when security breaches within governments are an issue with crypto this and

super key that, and cloud deflation happening, i just prefer to keep it local.

I use PasswordSafe, which as far as I know is local, or are there problems with that, too?

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I use PasswordSafe, which as far as I know is local, or are there problems with that, too?

never tried anything else.. been using notepad since dos/windows 3.11 and

looked past anything dealing in password storage.

I use one really long password for all the websites. I dont trust any program.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P