What Password Manager do you use?

The Pizza Thief

I just started using KeePass on my main laptop, but I fully intend to install it on my old laptop which has never seen the internet.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I just started using KeePass on my main laptop, but I fully intend to install it on my old laptop which has never seen the internet.

What made you go for KeePass, I'm right in between LastPass and KeePass but I think I will go with KeePass, I don't like that LP is in the cloud, I don't like that is active as a browser plugin, plus it's the hipster choice lol.

I write them down with a pencil on a little notecard in a safe. That way it is secure unless someone enters my house, and I can edit it. But I also really like that idea of an encrypted flash drive on a non-internet connected PC...

._.

AMD A8-5500•••ASUS GTX 660•••MSI MS-7778 Mobo•••2x4GB DDR3 RAM•••CoolerMaster v550 Semi-Modular PSU•••1.5TB HDD•256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD•••Optical Drive•••Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Well, I've only JUST now started using KeePass. Slowly transitioning all of my accounts to it, so far I've done about 5 accounts... (waiting for LTT to send the PW reset as they are manually resetting them)

I've made a "custom" preset, that includes a random set of upper cases, lower cases, numbers, spaces and 25 characters. For a 122 to 144 bits password.

According to a password checker I tried, it would take 10000+centuries to crack one such password even with a top ranked super computer today... So I'd say that's "good enough".

I wanted to put in Special characters as well, but a few services I use apparently do not allow that.

I decided to use Keepass, because it's Offline, Open Source and Portable.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

God damn it. I hate websites that do not tell you what type of passwords they accept.

I set Keepass to 25 characters.
Go to DealExtreme to change the password. (dx.com)

I change the pass with a 25 characters passwords, it lets me do it, logs me out, ask me to log back in... I try with my 25 character password... Doesn't work.

I had to click on Sign Up just to learn that they had a 20 characters limit. WHY.

So then I try with only the first 20 characters of the password... NOPE doesn't work either. Had to request a lost password, and this time only put 20 characters for that password change, that worked.

All my hate.

Edit :

Great, blizzard (battle.net) won't allow me to copy/paste the new password... had to enter it manually... What a pain. It also had a 16 character limit on the password.. Why do they do this...

19 passwords changed...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

If I can't remember them, I write them down in a notebook and update regularly. I don't use any software or online features, because something can and will most definitely go wrong.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I voted 'Other' as I don't use any pwmanager as keep my my passwords in a encrypted pdf file using pki certificate based password protection to lock it.  :D super easy to use. But that is only for sensitive websites that I have 20+ character password, everything else I write down on paper or memorize.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

So with the new breach I have decided its finally time to use a separate password for everything. The only problem is I dont want to memorize 20+ 16bit passwords. Nothing software based. The problem with paper is that I will lose it.. I guarantee it..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Well, don't lose your papers and the problem is solved. :P

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

i have a notepad with over 120 accounts and password, Control+F is my only friend. 
i dont trust any online solutions. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

i have a great way i use a word say "unicorn" captalise a letter "uNicorn" then add 2 numbers "uNicorn69" then for the final step put 2 letters on the end of the password depending on the initials of that your using, so for steam you could use "st" "uNicorn69st" the st is for steam or for your email you can use "em" "uNicorn69em". thats how i like to create my passwords, that way i have a different password for every site and you can easily add to it.

i have a great way i use a word say "unicorn" captalise a letter "uNicorn" then add 2 numbers "uNicorn69" then for the final step put 2 letters on the end of the password depending on the initials of that your using, so for steam you could use "st" "uNicorn69st" the st is for steam or for your email you can use "em" "uNicorn69em". thats how i like to create my passwords, that way i have a different password for every site and you can easily add to it.

The issue isnt making secure passwords its storing them

i have a notepad with over 120 accounts and password, Control+F is my only friend. 

i dont trust any online solutions. 

looks like I will have to do that

Well, don't lose your papers and the problem is solved. :P

looks like it :/

Do you have a safe if so put it in there

I need something that i can look at easily

A peice of paper and a good safe. 

defeats the purpose of not having to memorise all of them

Lastpass is one. Generally reccomended :)

Also keepass

Whats to stop them being hacked?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

http://lifehacker.com/is-lastpass-secure-what-happens-if-it-gets-hacked-1555511389

Its not so much its 100% better, it just gives you the ability to be more careful. If you use their password generating, and then two factor authentication - it will be VERY difficult for it to ever get hacked. 

Keepass is based on your computer, if you want to keep it offline...ish. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

looks like I will have to do that

looks like it :/

I need something that i can look at easily

defeats the purpose of not having to memorise all of them

Well then carve them into your desk, unless strangers come into your house

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

i would say just remember your base password "uNicorn69" and then just remember the method of adding the service initials to the end 

st -steam

em -email

gm -gmail

sk - skype 

ect.

I use Lastpass and I love it. It's what I would recommend. I tried the paper thing, and I tried the word document thing, but it became too much of a hassel to update after every site. Lastpass just saves it and auto fills login info. It makes it so much easier.

i would say just remember your base password "uNicorn69" and then just remember the method of adding the service initials to the end 

st -steam

em -email

gm -gmail

sk - skype 

ect.

All someone would need is two of your passwords, even one, and they would be able to decode this. So, instead of gmail, use something that reminds you of gmail?

I know a dozen or so people who do this, so it's not uncommon and hackers know it ;)

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Keepass is completely offline. It also NEVER ask to go online, unless you choose for it to automatically check for updates (I haven't, and my firewall hasn't told me that keepass wanted internet access yet either)

It's also portable, so you can put it on a USB key or something.