Steve Jobs movie gets a 36/100 on Metacritic

TopWargamer

(Go watch Pirates of Silicon Valley)

I'm going to watch it now :D

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

i have the feeling that many movies get bad ratings on metacritic, but I'm not surprised that this one turned out so bad...

(I have, and it was really good. Everybody should go watch it.)

COMIC SANS

Pretty normal.

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 2133 | AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i | OCZ Vector 256G | 

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition

XFX 750W BEFX

Shame. The book was great. This is likely just Hollywood spicing up the facts. 

Which book are you referring to? If you mean the Walter Isacson biography on Steve Jobs, well this movie is not based on that book. Sony has the rights to that book and Aaron Sorkin is the one doing the adaptation.

Agreed! Great movie.

Metacritic, the only media outlet you should trust less than the National Enquirer 

From what I've seen, they are spot on with this one.

I don't get how you can think Metacritic is unreliable, it's the average of a lot of expert reviews, and users can review as well.

Something I dislike though, is people who don't know how a rating scale works. 5 is suppose to be average, but these days it seems like 7 is average.

Can't wait for the Rotten Tomatoes rating :D

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

casting Ashton (good for nothing) Kutcher was a big..big ..big mistake.  They should've went with Noah Wiley to reprise his role as Jobs. 

Something I dislike though, is people who don't know how a rating scale works. 5 is suppose to be average, but these days it seems like 7 is average.

I believe that stems from the school grading system where 1-59 is a F while 60-69 is a D, 70-79 is a C, etc...

"C" is average in grading so those people who are graded that way see that everything else should be "graded" the same.

I watched last weekend. I thought it was good but if I didn't read the book I don't know how much of it I would actually understand. Still a good movie though and came out at a time that Apple was still focused on making good tech.

I believe that stems from the school grading system where 1-59 is a F while 60-69 is a D, 70-79 is a C, etc...

"C" is average in grading so those people who are graded that way see that everything else should be "graded" the same.

I thought F was 0-64 or something.

Is the movie not interesting or is Steve jobs a not interesting guy?

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

If The Social Network is anything to go by, Aaron Sorkin's Apple movie will be much, much better. It's based off Walter Isaacson's biography and also has lot's of input from Steve Wozniak. The character that portrays Woz in Ashton Kutcher's movie is insulting...

Is the movie not interesting or is Steve jobs a not interesting guy?

He's an extremely interesting person, the movie is just crap.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Isn't it supposed to come out on the 16th? Either people's (critics in this case) expectations are really overboard or this movie really is absolutely terrible. I've read the book and watched Pirates of Silicon Valley and both were great. I will probably watch Jobs when it comes out on DVD, but my expectations are average at best.

How interesting can the guy's life really be?  I mean, a movie about Apple's growth in the tech industry and the decisions that led to it, okay, that's sensible.  But to focus on this one guy is pretty useless.  Just read the biography if you really care about his life that much.  It's not as though having Kutcher play the role actually gives any real insight into what Jobs's life was really like.

I mean these says, 10 is a must buy, 9 is great, 8 is meh, 7 is disappointing, and anything less is TERRIBLE PRODUCT DO NOT BUY. :lol:

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I thought F was 0-64 or something.

Not in the U.S., unless you're in College, then 0-90 could be a F because of the professor :P

Which book are you referring to? If you mean the Walter Isacson biography on Steve Jobs, well this movie is not based on that book. Sony has the rights to that book and Aaron Sorkin is the one doing the adaptation.

Well yeah it's not based on the book but I lumped them together because they are both meant to tell the story of Steve Jobs, which the book did a fantastic job of doing.