This is a neat idea I feel like this should already exist somewhere. Its a USB car charger and a battery bank. It makes the chore of charging more convent and likely to get done.

Check out this link:

https://www.facebook.com/pocketrocketpower?fref=ts

They also have a Kickstarter launching soon.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/electric-indy/756260999?token=6e576603

cars already have USB ports for charging...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Mine has four. Plus an actual 3 prong wall connector. 

The only thing I don't like about them is most of the time the car has to be running to charge it, so you can't leave your phone in the center console or something while you're in the store / etc.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The only thing I don't like about them is most of the time the car has to be running to charge it, so you can't leave your phone in the center console or something while you're in the store / etc.

leaving your phone in a car while youre away is a good way of getting your window broken

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Car has USB ports, I even use a spliter for 2A and 1A ports. I always have cables in the car and this doesn't simplify anything. In fact, it look ridiculous, sorry. :/

I know oregon is safe and all, I live in the safest city in oregon. But dear god don't leave your phone in the center console of your car. 

leaving your phone in a car while youre away is a good way of getting your window broken

I know oregon is safe and all, I live in the safest city in oregon. But dear god don't leave your phone in the center console of your car. 

Talking about the ones that close, not just leaving it in plain view in a cup-holder.

In my 22 years of living here I've never had any types of car break in issues :/

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Talking about the ones that close, not just leaving it in plain view in a cup-holder.

In my 22 years of living here I've never had any types of car break in issues :/

I live in West Linn (If that means anything to you), never had any crime occur on or to my property.. I am just paranoid. 

Ah you never know, mate, it could be someone from out of town, passing buy while at the same store and notices it. You would be amazed at the amount of coincidences.

However, not leaving it in plain site would work. I don't leave the splitters, GPS unit etc in plain site either and it's been fine. :)

Ah you never know, mate, it could be someone from out of town, passing buy while at the same store and notices it. You would be amazed at the amount of coincidences.

However, not leaving it in plain site would work. I don't leave the splitters, GPS unit etc in plain site either and it's been fine. :)

That's why I said putting it in the center console part that closes, nobody would see it.

kkKhZ.jpg

That's why I said putting it in the center console part that closes, nobody would see it.

kkKhZ.jpg

Nice Mazda. :D That part is usually full in my car xD I'd end up putting it in the drawer beneath the radio controls. :D

Nice Mazda. :D That part is usually full in my car xD I'd end up putting it in the drawer beneath the radio controls. :D

On a side note, Mazda's have their AUX port, USB, and 12 DV ports in the center console. And they get power even with the car engine not running (or on ACC/ON). Love it on my Mazda 3, lets me have my phone and charger in a hidden location while driving, so it doesn't get in the way or is a distraction. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

On a side note, Mazda's have their AUX port, USB, and 12 DV ports in the center console. And they get power even with the car engine not running (or on ACC/ON). Love it on my Mazda 3, lets me have my phone and charger in a hidden location while driving, so it doesn't get in the way or is a distraction. 

I had no idea... How are you satisfied with your Mazda? I like to switch cars but I've usually went with German cars and I've had a few Fords. They were all good but I'm wondering what the Mazda is like? The new ones look really great, that's why I'm interested. :D

Sorry for off topic but I had to ask. :D

Is that a pocket rocket in your pocket? Or are you just happy to see me?

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I had no idea... How are you satisfied with your Mazda? I like to switch cars but I've usually went with German cars and I've had a few Fords. They were all good but I'm wondering what the Mazda is like? The new ones look really great, that's why I'm interested. :D

I have the '08 Mazda 3 with the 2.3L inline 4cy engine. Its nice. Definitely get the engine with the bigger displacement. Current Mazda 3s come in two engines 2.0L and 2.5L, and with 6sp Automatic or Standard (manual) transmission. The automatic transmission model also has 'manual' electronic sequential shifting.

Never had any problems with my Mazda 3. Only thing I've ever done was oil changes until recently. My car has just over 100k mi on it. Just did a transmission flush, new spark plugs, replaced serpentine belt. The cars also use a timing chain instead of a belt (thank god, I've got a horrible story about our older VW Passat for a later day).

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the car, great compact sedan, decent front wheel drive WHP for the money and it's been reliable so far. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I have the '08 Mazda 3 with the 2.3L inline 4cy engine. Its nice. Definitely get the engine with the bigger displacement. Current Mazda 3s come in two engines 2.0L and 2.5L, and with 6sp Automatic or Standard (manual) transmission. The automatic transmission model also has 'manual' electronic sequential shifting.

Never had any problems with my Mazda 3. Only thing I've ever done was oil changes until recently. My car has just over 100k mi on it. Just did a transmission flush, new spark plugs, replaced serpentine belt. The cars also use a timing chain instead of a belt (thank god, I've got a horrible story about our older VW Passat for a later day).

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the car, great compact sedan, decent front wheel drive WHP for the money and it's been reliable so far. 

Sweet. Yeah, I've used the sequential auto transmission on my dads 2.7L BiTurbo Audi, loved it. However, I've only owned manual cars. Can't really say owning automatic would be bad at all. :D

So with regular maintenance it holds well, glad to hear it, I've had problems in the past with some silly stuff on my old Golf, but as you said, story for another day. :D

Glad to hear it, I prefer front wheel drive or all wheel drive, since I live in a mountain area and it tends to snow a lot here. So far I've been ok with good tires and front wheel drive, but I miss my quattro sometimes. :D

Thanks for the info. I'll give Mazda a look when I sell my current car. :)

The weird thing is that pocket rocket is a brand of adult toys that have existed for many years.  :lol:

Mystery is the source of all true science.

What on earth are you talking about? Not only have new cars had usb ports for ages but there have been usb adapters for the cigarette lighter for even longer. I have like a 10 year old one in my box of random cords and electronics for my old garmin gps.

Didn't know about charging while the car is off. Gotta try that lol. 

Got a '11 Mazda 3 too. No problem so far. 4 years in and I still really like it.

Wow lets turn this thread in a Mazda 3 discussion :)