[US] Newegg - Corsair 430w psu $16 after mir

zzenigmaxzz

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

cheapest ive seen this, not bad for a low budget htpc or work station

use promo code EMCAXKW23 to get extra 10% off

PLEASE dont think to buy this if you plan on doing any overclocking or gaming with a high end card

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

Lol only buy this if it is for a low, low, and did I say LOW END Pc. This $16 could caise you $100's in the future.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

That thing sucks lol its bronze.

That rating is nothing but effciency and does nit determine the quality of the power supply. A EVGA B2 is bromze but is is more reliable then a TON of gold PSUs.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

So tell me, what's so bad about 80+ bronze?

That rating is nothing but effciency and does nit determine the quality of the power supply. A EVGA B2 is bromze but is is more reliable then a TON of gold PSUs.

Yeah, because there are so many bad gold PSUs...  :rolleyes: 

How do you define reliability? 

Finally a price fitting for it's quality.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

we all know this isnt a high end piece but its a decent price for someone whos making a streaming or facebook machine

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

$19.99 after rebate. 

extra 10% off with promo code lowers price by 3.99 then you get the 20 from rebate brings it down to $16

Efficiency means nothing it's all about the quality of the PSU components like for example the PSU in the sig is bronze but it's a higher tier PSU in terms of quality and reliability because it's a Seasonic brand.

I'm not saying efficiency is completely worthless 80+ Bronze is the minimum now a days for good PSUs but higher than that all you're doing is just shaving minimal amounts of money

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Efficiency means nothing it's all about the quality of the PSU components like for example the PSU in the sig is bronze but it's a higher tier PSU in terms of quality and reliability because it's a Seasonic brand.

I'm not saying efficiency is completely worthless 80+ Bronze is the minimum now a days for good PSUs but higher than that all you're doing is just shaving minimal amounts of money

So a Seasonic Titanium rated PSU is supposed to consume the least amount of electricity while giving the same amount of power to the components? 

Yeah, it's $16. What does that tell you about what Corsair and Newegg really think of it? Do you think this means they think that it's a trustworthy PSU? I'll let you in on a little secret - No, no they do not.

After seeing a sale like that... I'm never considering another CX PSU ever again. That just puts me off.

So tell me, what's so bad about 80+ bronze?

Yeah, because there are so many bad gold PSUs...  :rolleyes: 

How do you define reliability? 

There are plenty of bad gold PSUs. :P

Reliability first goes to who the OEM is, SeaSonic, Enchance, SuperFlower, Delta, all make generally good PSUs. When it comes to companies such as HEC or CWT you wanna research them because they eather make a bunch of really bad ones or good ones.

So a Seasonic Titanium rated PSU is supposed to consume the least amount of electricity while giving the same amount of power to the components? 

Basically yes, the efficiency rating just means slighty less on your bill but it's a not a difference worth getting a more expensive one over imo.

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Finally a price fitting for it's quality.

Pretty much a steal for anyone looking to do an HTPC or PC for their granny or something like that ^_^

Will be perfectly fine. By now most know its not meant to be pushing high end things anyway.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

There are plenty of bad gold PSUs. :P

Reliability first goes to who the OEM is, SeaSonic, Enchance, SuperFlower, Delta, all make generally good PSUs. When it comes to companies such as HEC or CWT you wanna research them because they eather make a bunch of really bad ones or good ones.

You didn't answer my question. <_<  I wanted to know how you define reliability?  ;) 

A PSU review doesn't show reliability because the PSUs gets only tested for a few hours. Reliability can only show over time and even the cheapest PSU can run for 10 years.

Yeah, it's $16. What does that tell you about what Corsair and Newegg really think of it? Do you think this means they think that it's a trustworthy PSU? I'll let you in on a little secret - No, no they do not.

After seeing a sale like that... I'm never considering another CX PSU ever again. That just puts me off.

I will link people this post in the future when the "CX war" erupts :)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

By that logic you should never get an Android phone, after all most are discounted significantly all the time. 

Just because it's on sale means nothing, 750 B2s frequently drops to $45, that doesn't make it a bad PSU, or even on par with most $50 units. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

remember people only get this for normal office computers

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Power efficiency isn't a direct reflection of the capacitor's quality..