Anti Social

Gregrs

I'm having a bit of a problem. Not just something that has been going on for a week or two, but my entire life. To be completely honest with you, I don't like people much. The reason for that is mostly because of the stuff I hear in conversations, or see on social media. I see some of the stupidest things ever, like how meth isn't addictive and solves all of your problems.

This is where the essence of the problem generally lies. I'm a smart person, I'm not going to lie. I just have this really bad habit of correcting people when they're wrong. No, I don't do this to everyone, but just the people that don't have any reasoning skills at all. Like the people who think meth should be legalized because it solves all of your problems. This causes them to hate me, and them telling all of their friends to hate me, so because of something I said, I automatically have 20 people hating me.

Generally, I'm not a very social person. Reason being, I'm scared someone will say something stupid, and I'll correct them on it forcing them to get mad at me and "hate me for life".

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm 17 years old btw.

I used to have the same problem and I eventually realized that nothing I could say would convince idiots to stop being idiots.

Use your brain power on things that advance you in life and on things you enjoy, not people you dislike. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

Im also not very social but I have never heard anyone say that meth can solve all of our problems and that it should be legalize are you sure your not talking about weed?

I'm just anti-social becuase I don't understand people and people don't understand me.

However, it has never stopped me from trying. 

If your friends are doing meth, and you don't enjoy that passtime, you should probably look into getting a different set of friends.

I have also never heard anyone say that meth can solve all your problems.

I guess it can solve cavity problems by rotting away all of your teeth. But besids that I can't think of anything.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Trust me, you don't want to be friends with meth-heads anyway. Just try to tone it down a little on them. All the meth heads I've had the misfortune of meeting can get very violent, you don't want to have to deal with that.

i have the same problem :(

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I hear you. IRL I'm super introverted. But one of the things I tend to do is instead of correcting people on the spot, is I'll approach it more indirectly. Either that or I just keep my head low and keep my mouth shut. It does wonders when you're not a people person. No one goes after you because you've done nothing to warrant their disaffection. People often look for things to criticize about me and they come up with nothing because I'm so quiet.

Keep a low profile, don't confront people about their misunderstandings and you'll do fine. ;) Trust me, meth heads are not worth dealing with in the first place.

Don't try to reason with a meth addict to begin with. If they were willing to listen to reason, they wouldn't be doing meth in the first place.

Basically, you just need to stop hanging around such "dumb people", let them ruin their lives. You will live happier.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I just have this really bad habit of correcting people when they're wrong.

So do I, it's really bad habit. I'm doing that less and less. Just keep catching yourself doing it.  It's really annoying and no one likes "Mr. Knows it all".

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I will forever be quite introverted. Situations beyond my control arise that cause me to break from my shell but only temporarily.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Like the people who think meth should be legalized because it solves all of your problems. 

Have no idea what people you are talking to but not even meth users say that lol.

Dude you be hanging wit the wrong homies brah

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Same situation. I hate the ignorance and stupidity in the world. Thus, I am an asshole. I embrace it. Someone is wrong, I make sure they know it. I'm wrong, I make sure they don't (certain people. If I actually respect you, which is rare in itself, I will admit I'm wrong). I stopped caring what people thought of me. As many of my fellow (dumbass) peers say, I just do me.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

I'm having a bit of a problem. Not just something that has been going on for a week or two, but my entire life. To be completely honest with you, I don't like people much. The reason for that is mostly because of the stuff I hear in conversations, or see on social media. I see some of the stupidest things ever, like how meth isn't addictive and solves all of your problems.

This is where the essence of the problem generally lies. I'm a smart person, I'm not going to lie. I just have this really bad habit of correcting people when they're wrong. No, I don't do this to everyone, but just the people that don't have any reasoning skills at all. Like the people who think meth should be legalized because it solves all of your problems. This causes them to hate me, and them telling all of their friends to hate me, so because of something I said, I automatically have 20 people hating me.

Generally, I'm not a very social person. Reason being, I'm scared someone will say something stupid, and I'll correct them on it forcing them to get mad at me and "hate me for life".

just do like me !

Become a Sociopathe 

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

-snip-

Well there is a way to go about it, charasmatically at least.  Like I'll get really pissed because my friends are all Liberals(mostly) and I have nothing against liberals but when the preach about the wonders of planned parenthood and how abortion empowers them as women, and how it's taking away their god given right I GO FUCKIN BANANAS!  But I do it in a way where shit won't hit the fan and it'll soar into the toilet where it belongs!  Like I'll say "But, you know everyone is entitled to an opinion.  Opinions can neither be right nor wrong because it is your biased belief as well as mine.  So I mean if you feel that way then I'm fine with it, it's just that I can't agree with it because it's something I'm morally against and in my own biased opinion I feel it is wrong, hurtful to others and just a way to take the easy route out of something by making the baby suffer because you weren't safe."  The fact of the matter here, is that you just want to explain your reasoning, use my example and say the whole opinion thing because 9 times out of 10 it works.  But if people hate you over it, then you could be(in all honesty) being a jack ass about it and you just go on and on in the argument, you never want to push, just go with the flow and change topics.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Try to find some reasonable people to talk with. People who want to legalize meth "because it takes away all your problems" either have a financial interest and/or are addicted to that poop. 

Wi RoZ

Correcting people or directly challenging their opinions, however wrong, is seen as rude and dickish pretty much across the board. I really wouldn't do that sort of thing unless it is with close friends. Obviously people are not going to like you if you are constantly correcting people all the time. It give off an aura of arrogance and superiority.

The best way to solve this is to remove yourself from the situation. Stop hanging out with people who spew out stuff you think is stupid and you won't have to worry about correcting them and coming off as a dick.

Have no idea what people you are talking to but not even meth users say that lol.

By solving their problems they mean making them worse, or by killing themselves then....FUCK YEAH!

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

I've seen some misinterpretations here I'll just clear this up quickly.

I don't do meth, I don't have friends that do meth. What I was saying was the people that post the stupid stuff to facebook are mostly meth heads. However, most of the people I tend to argue with are smart, but don't know anything about what their arguing about.

For example, this girl in our school has like a 3.2 GPA, but said this on facebook, "Some people just don't understand how the world works. Why would you lock chickens up in cages so you can harvest eggs? Why would you brutally murder cows so you can have food? This is why society is messed up. People do all of this, and then lie on top of it, no good comes in lying to one another." All of her "smart" friends liked her post, but I commented this:

"Chickens aren't locked in cages and forced to lay eggs. Most chickens, in fact, are free to roam around and lay eggs whenever it's time to do so. As for killing cows, I'm not sure on how all of it works, but I've heard that it's quick and you don't actually "brutally murder" any cows. As for the lying part, yes, lying is bad, but sometimes you have to lie. I mean, most people say that they want the truth, but do they really? I mean, I've known people to say that, but then when I tell them something truthful, they get mad because it was mean. But it was truthful. You see my point?"

I'm not going to go into the whole conversation, but basically she started ranting and bring her friends to come "target" me because I was somehow "wrong" on everything I said.

Just voice your opinion rather than force it upon others and then let each to their own. It depends on how you voice your opinion, if you really feel the need to, just make it so you don't want to force them from doing something just because you believe in it.

Correcting people or directly challenging their opinions, however wrong, is seen as rude and dickish pretty much across the board. I really wouldn't do that sort of thing unless it is with close friends. Obviously people are not going to like you if you are constantly correcting people all the time. It give off an aura of arrogance and superiority.

The best way to solve this is to remove yourself from the situation. Stop hanging out with people who spew out stuff you think is stupid and you won't have to worry about correcting them and coming off as a dick.

A.K.A be ambiguous, but I dislike being so, so often times I say nothing at all to prevent what you just mentioned.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I don't think you're smart.  :)

OH MY GOD THIS TRAILER JUST MADE ME JIZZ IN MY PANTS!!!  I thought I was the only Ultraman fan....My dad watched it when he was a kid (he's 57 now) and he passed the show on to us....I've seen every Ultraman series, and movie omg...YES CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!111