Apple reinvents headphone jack.. thinner iDevices on the way?

jos

did they not learn from bendgate?

Edit:

inb4 they sale a super expensive adapter that nobody needs and turns into this:

ParalleltoUSB.jpg

I'm honestly starting to wonder if that USB memory stick was detected...

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

18mqn6g5p7d6hjpg.jpg

That has literally made my day  :D  :D  :D

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

LOOOL

WHALECUM TO THE MAGICAL LAND OF COMPUTERS 

Kappamate.gif

or use just

you would still need another adapter 

Calm down people, just because Apple patent something does not mean they will start including it

There already are Philips headphones with a lightning connector instead of a regular audio jack.

More Philips fault than Apple's really, since anybody can use the lightning port for whatever they want

And you could argue there can be benefits, just as much as there are drawbacks

that said, honestly I would not want a device thinner than my iPhone 6, its very VERY slim,

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I thought first port was parallel port, What is it? 

it is but you still need female to female for the usb stick and the usb adapter end lol

Does that actually work though?

scroll up the page

So now you need to purchase their headphones too.

Nice play Apple, nice play.

ALL ABOARD THE FAILBOAT!

It is Apple. Even if it actually fails, it will still* make millions because of fanboys.

*damn auto correct

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

The problem I see is that the jack can no longer swivel, therefore the connector must either have a swivel in it, a point of failure, or jut straight out of the device where it'll be relatively easy to snap.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

I try not to hate on Apple but they do some stupid shit all the time

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

I dont care what they do as long as they ship the fucking adapter with the new devices that will use it.

Or if not, then the adapter better be dirt cheap...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I dont care what they do as long as they ship the fucking adapter with the new devices that will use it.

Or if not, then the adapter better be dirt cheap...

Why should they? they will give headphone

Propriety headphones on the way!

looks more like it would work with standard 3.5mm jacks AND a slimmer version of it ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Edit:

inb4 they sale a super expensive adapter that nobody needs and turns into this:

ParalleltoUSB.jpg

Not really, simple jack adapters are possible.

Not really, simple jack adapters are possible.

but annoying to have around 

by the design it looks like repeat of USB plugs. ie. can only be attached in one orientation

Soon they will again modify it.

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

If they made less shitty headphones I'd be less pissed. I'd still be pissed, but less so.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

so this is why they purchased Beats. I have to hand it to Apple this is deviously cleaver; Beats has enough brand recognition that they could probably get a lot of their existing customers to use proprietary headphones.