That "clock" that Mohamed Ahmed made is a 1980's Digital Alarm Clock

ChrisxIxCross

"kid" You've already said it. The "kid" didn't invent anything. You have to realise that the media is being sensational again by of course leading people to believe he didn't nothing. It is a fact he did something, you have to do something to to modify an already existing clock. No one was dancing around Ahmed like he was some genius inventor. The only thing that was done is corporations and well recognised peeps were showing him some good will.

Everyone else was discussing how the arrest and the school poorly handled Ahmed and his "clock". The first time around, the media sensationalised on race with Ahmed's name. They could've damn well used "boy" or "kid" but many chose to go with "Ahmed" instead. Some were fooled by that but most peeps recognised the issue at hand. 

But now the media yet again sensationalised on the story with someone else's claim that Ahemd is a fraud. Leading more people away from the issue at hand. I chose not to let the media fool me because there are some people out of my country that cannot distinguish a clock to a bomb, a harmless intention to a bomb hoax. That is the most troubling thing.  

Ahmed not the media called the clock his own "invention". Yes I know he didn't invent anything yet he says it on TV and clearly knows what is a commercial product. He did not modify the clock, he just removed the case from the clock. No substantive reverse engineer, knowledge, assembly, and so on and so forth occurred. Plenty of organizations, media, companies are touting him as a shining example of teen inventors (When he didn't invent anything).

I don't really see how there cannot be two issues at the same time. One is obviously the racism and school/police being retarded and the other is the obvious lying and non-invention of said non-home made clock. He should not be punished for a hoax bomb but he should be punished on his academic record for lying about his extracurricular work showing it off to a teacher as if he invented/assembled/... (Inventing a clock when he really just took a commercial clock and took the case off). Having a note on record for what is essentially plagiarism is a serious academic matter probably more so than a suspension.

Ahmed not the media called the clock his own "invention". Yes I know he didn't invent anything yet he says it on TV and clearly knows what is a commercial product. He did not modify the clock, he just removed the case from the clock. No substantive reverse engineer, knowledge, assembly, and so on and so forth occurred. Plenty of organizations, media, companies are touting him as a shining example of teen inventors (When he didn't invent anything).

I don't really see how there cannot be two issues at the same time. One is obviously the racism and school/police being retarded and the other is the obvious lying and non-invention of said non-home made clock. He should not be punished for a hoax bomb but he should be punished on his academic record for lying about his extracurricular work showing it off to a teacher as if he invented/assembled/... (Inventing a clock when he really just took a commercial clock and took the case off). Having a note on record for what is essentially plagiarism is a serious academic matter probably more so than a suspension.

Racism isn't an issue, that was sensationalised. I agree that there can be 2 issues but don't you see that because of this small "issue", everyone else is writing off the bigger issue as non existent? That is another sensationalist move by the media.

Ahmed cannot be punished with academic fraud since his clock is not involved in his curriculum. The media wants you to believe that a "kid" is a fraudster with evil intentions, do you really want to do that? Though yes, the clock isn't something Ahmed invented, many of us already knew that even before Ahmed was interviewed. But we damn well knew that the clock wasn't made with the intention of cheating the whole world.     

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Racism isn't an issue, that was sensationalised. I agree that there can be 2 issues but don't you see that because of this small "issue", everyone else is writing off the bigger issue as non existent? That is another sensationalist move by the media.

Ahmed cannot be punished with academic fraud since his clock is not involved in his curriculum. The media wants you to believe that a "kid" is a fraudster with evil intentions, do you really want to do that? Though yes, the clock isn't something Ahmed invented, many of us already knew that even before Ahmed was interviewed. But we damn well knew that the clock wasn't made with the intention of cheating the whole world.     

He certainly can and should be noted for claiming to have invented something that is not his own invention. He did it in front of a teacher for reputation purposes and did so while at school. I don't believe he has "evil" intentions but he should not go unpunished for his claims of inventing things he never invented on national TV. I don't think I ever said he intended to cheat the entire world just that his school should remove the suspension and replace it with a plagiarism (the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own., ) note which is entirely justifiable since he claims the clock is one of his many inventions but we all know it is not even remotely his invention.

Large science fairs, competitions, and so on and so forth are not part of official curriculum. For fun tests of skill in math/programming/arts/... are also not official parts of curriculum but a student caught lying or otherwise cheating on said activities should be punished accordingly by a note in his academic record detailing the academic fraud. To say cheating is ok if its not an official test or assignment is the worst message you can possibly send to teens and children.

It can't be academic fraud simply because he wasn't required by a class to make it. He put it together on his own time.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

The kid is equally at fault as he has not released any statement to withdraw his claims that the clock was his invention. Instead he had been prancing around every opportunity he's been given for something he did not deserve. You know very well that he could make a statement at any given time but he chooses not to.

He certainly can and should be noted for claiming to have invented something that is not his own invention. He did it in front of a teacher for reputation purposes and did so while at school. I don't believe he has "evil" intentions but he should not go unpunished for his claims of inventing things he never invented on national TV. I don't think I ever said he intended to cheat the entire world just that his school should remove the suspension and replace it with a plagiarism note which is entirely justifiable since he claims the clock is one of his many inventions but we all know it is not even remotely his invention.

Large science fairs, competitions, and so on and so forth are not part of official curriculum. For fun tests of skill in math/programming/arts/... are also not official parts of curriculum but a student caught lying or otherwise cheating on said activities should be punished accordingly by a note in his academic record detailing the academic fraud. To say cheating is ok if its not an official test or assignment is the worst message you can possibly send to teens and children.

That's the thing. His claim may not be his. 

In this video: 

Mark Cuban claimed he talked to Ahmed over the phone. And while doing so, he could hear Ahmed's sister giving Ahmed the answers to Mark Cuban's question. That is the first flag you should note that Ahemd may note have been speaking his actual thoughts to the interviewee with his actual thoughts.

Science fairs, competition and what not have students representing their schools, that is very much within curriculum. Something you do at home and bring to school to show off isn't.  

Ahmed is laying pretty low right now, even withdrawing from the school.  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

It can't be academic fraud simply because he wasn't required by a class to make it. He put it together on his own time.

So if I took an entirely commercial product on my own time took the case off and then brought it to school to show off my skills to the teachers and get instant positive recognition, rewards, placements, scholarships, internships, that is ok? No its still cheating and academic fraud because he is being given scholarships and job placements on the obviously false grounds that he invented a clock and many other things.

That's the thing. His claim may not be his. 

In this video: 

Mark Cuban claimed he talked to Ahmed over the phone. And while doing so, he could hear Ahmed's sister giving Ahmed the answers to Mark Cuban's question. That is the first flag you should note that Ahemd may note have been speaking his actual thoughts to the interviewee with his actual thoughts.

Science fairs, competition and what not have students representing their schools, that is very much within curriculum. Something you do at home and bring to school to show off isn't.  

Ahmed is laying pretty low right now, even withdrawing from the school.  

So your saying his live tv interview these words of his own are not his own? This is his own first hand words. "this isn't my first invention and it won't be my last"

https://youtu.be/6bvzTeCREQA?t=4m16s

Science fairs, competitions can be extracurricular and cheating is still not acceptable. Something you bring into school an official educational environment to show off your work that you did "yourself" when you actually did not is academic fraud multiplied by the number of classes he showed off to impress his peers and teachers. Until an english teacher did very stupid things.

So if I took an entirely commercial product on my own time took the case off and then brought it to school to show off my skills to the teachers and get instant positive recognition, rewards, placements, scholarships, internships, that is ok? No its still cheating and academic fraud because he is being given scholarships and job placements on the obviously false grounds that he invented a clock and many other things.

So your saying his live tv interview these words of his own are not his own? This is his own first hand words. "this isn't my first invention and it won't be my last"

No, I don't think he should have the credit being given to him. But it just makes no sense to punish him for academic fraud because it isn't.

And all Pohernori meant was that just because he said it himself, it may not be his words if the tidbit about his sister directing him is true.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

No, I don't think he should have the credit being given to him. But it just makes no sense to punish him for academic fraud because it isn't.

And all Pohernori meant was that just because he said it himself, it may not be his words if the tidbit about his sister directing him is true.

Its a live video interview there is no sister whispering into his ear you can see him talking freely to the reporter. You can click on the link it is first hand.

He is lying about inventing things and parading it around school and later on live TV. A properly educated teacher would report him for plagiarism of a commercial product since he openly claims it is his invention when it is plainly not (just a few questions and his claims would fall apart) not get him arrested and suspended. If he paraded it around the house or with friends that is one thing but he went to teachers to impress them for self directed work he never actually completed.

There would be no media frenzy and no reaction because that is the truth he claimed to invent something he did not invent. 

Its a live video interview there is no sister whispering into his ear you can see him talking freely to the reporter. You can click on the link it is first hand.

He is lying about inventing things and parading it around school and later on live TV even if he did not get arrested a properly educated teacher would report him for plagiarism of a commercial product since he openly claims it is his invention when it is plainly not (just a few questions and his claims would fall apart). If he paraded it around the house or with friends that is one thing but he went to teachers to impress them for self directed work he never actually completed.

Is it impossible for her to have told him prior to the event?

I already saw all the videos, by the way. I've been tracking the story since it got posted on this forum. So I'm not saying telling the world that he created it isn't a lie, it obviously is one, and he doesn't deserve any of what he got but a massive apology, but it isn't academic fraud.

He is lying about inventing things and parading it around school and later on live TV. A properly educated teacher would report him for plagiarism of a commercial product since he openly claims it is his invention when it is plainly not (just a few questions and his claims would fall apart) not get him arrested and suspended. If he paraded it around the house or with friends that is one thing but he went to teachers to impress them for self directed work he never actually completed.

There would be no media frenzy and no reaction because that is the truth he claimed to invent something he did not invent.

Mark Cuban was talking about a phone conversation he personally had with him, not the interview.

Is it impossible for her to have told him prior to the event?

I already saw all the videos, by the way. I've been tracking the story since it got posted on this forum. So I'm not saying telling the world that he created it isn't a lie, it obviously is one, and he doesn't deserve any of what he got but a massive apology, but it isn't academic fraud.

If the kid is a puppet then I don't even know what to say to that. Your talking conspiracy/non-face value conjecture pinning any blame on his sister. The way the conversation flows means your supposing the entire interview is just something his sister ingrained into him and forced him to say. 

A lie at school to an educator is academic fraud as he directly misrepresented a commercial product as his own hobby built project in multiple classes. Countless other teens actually do build inventions and show them off at school and they are not committing any academic fraud because they actually did invent/build/reverse engineer/improve/... something.

Mark Cuban was talking about a phone conversation he personally had with him, not the interview.

Second hand conversations that people recall compared to the subject lying directly on a TV interview are two different things as well.

Science fairs, competitions can be extracurricular and cheating is still not acceptable. Something you bring into school an official educational environment to show off your work that you did "yourself" when you actually did not is academic fraud multiplied by the number of classes he showed off to impress his peers and teachers. Until an english teacher did very stupid things.

Did you really take his words as the absolute truth? It is already proven that his word may not have been his through that personal phone interview. A live interview is less likely to be his. 

The world would've laughed even harder. Reporting a kid's personal project as academic fraud is foolish. Cases like ahemd's happen everyday but do you see teachers reporting them? 

Don't be foolish. 

If the kid is a puppet then I don't even know what to say to that. Your talking conspiracy/non-face value conjecture pinning any blame on his sister. The way the conversation flows means your supposing the entire interview is just something his sister ingrained into him and forced him to say. 

A lie at school to an educator is academic fraud as he directly misrepresented a commercial product as his own hobby built project in multiple classes. Countless other teens actually do build inventions and show them off at school and they are not committing any academic fraud because they actually did invent/build/reverse engineer/improve/... something.

Stop taking such extremes against what I'm saying, it is ridiculous. All I'm saying is that the sister has been reported to been heard directing her brother what to say to the media. I'm not saying it isn't wrong that he put together a clock and lied about "inventing it" and then getting massive amounts of rewards for it like he's some genius. I am, however, stating it isn't academic fraud and the kid could very well be lying by direction of his sister (or maybe parents I guess). D

No. It isn't academic fraud unless he created it for a class, but he didn't. It is a lie, sure, but it isn't academic fraud.

He is troo genius of our times.

Not the exact same product but basically that is what he did. Invention is a word not even remotely associated with such an action of dump contents of product into a box.

Did you really take his words as the absolute truth? It is already proven that his word may not have been his through that personal phone interview. A live interview is less likely to be his. 

The world would've laughed even harder. Reporting a kid's personal project as academic fraud is foolish. Cases like ahemd's happen everyday but do you see teachers reporting them? 

Don't be foolish. 

His phone interview second hand account and is not the same interview. To suppose that the kid is a puppet of his sister and the entire interview was pre-planned by her and all his comments, props, and lines where pre-planned and memorized is beyond absurd.

He lied it is simple even if it was at the direction of his family it doesn't change the fact he lied on national TV. Why he lied is not relevant to the fact he as a person choose to lie on TV to conflate his non-invention as one of his many inventions. 

Reporting a obviously plagiarised personal project as academic fraud is exactly what it is. Yes it does happen and no its not a laughing matter, http://io9.com/sixth-grader-may-have-stolen-marine-biologists-lionfish-1609042717

Note the national exposure the biologist who actually did the work lost by the kid not properly crediting where credit is deserved. Instead he risked a public backlash but his published peer reviewed papers are irrefutably his own.

Who the hell nitpicks on Ahmed and his clock? 

Someone who is rational enough to point out academic dishonesty. You really are in denial. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Stop taking such extremes against what I'm saying, it is ridiculous. All I'm saying is that the sister has been reported to been heard directing her brother what to say to the media. I'm not saying it isn't wrong that he put together a clock and lied about "inventing it" and then getting massive amounts of rewards for it like he's some genius. I am, however, stating it isn't academic fraud and the kid could very well be lying by direction of his sister (or maybe parents I guess). D

No. It isn't academic fraud unless he created it for a class, but he didn't. It is a lie, sure, but it isn't academic fraud.

Plagiarism if you want to use Wikipedia as a guide since that is what the other poster is relying on does not include formal activity for the act of plagiarism because it can occur anywhere in/out of school and still be academic misconduct.

Plagiarism: The adoption or reproduction of original creations of another author (person, collective, organization, community or other type of author, including anonymous authors) without due acknowledgment.

Sure all the other ones have formal attached to it and said wiki page has a warning about personal essay. But the agreed upon definition of plagiarism outside wikipedia is plainly, 

the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

Which is exactly what the kid did in class during school and on TV. I doesn't matter if it was made on his own time he choose to show it off to his class mates and teachers as evidence of his inventor skills. Does the fact he misrepresented the work of another person be it radio shack engineer or another teen change the fact he is lying at school to school officials and classmates while in a formal education meant to ingrain things like not cheating in general even if no one can catch you.

He "created" for the class to show to his peers and teachers. Academic fraud. It was not part of formal testing but formal testing is retarded in many ways and broader based education which takes into account such side activities is much more important. Punishing students who lie about such hobbies is the correct course of action as countless other teens do not lie about their hobby work and actually do make and present innovative projects of their own design.

Not the exact same product but basically that is what he did. Invention is a word not even remotely associated with such an action of dump contents of product into a box.

His phone interview second hand account and is not the same interview. To suppose that the kid is a puppet of his sister and the entire interview was pre-planned by her and all his comments, props, and lines where pre-planned and memorized is beyond absurd.

He lied it is simple even if it was at the direction of his family it doesn't change the fact he lied on national TV. Why he lied is not relevant to the fact he as a person choose to lie on TV to conflate his non-invention as one of his many inventions. 

Reporting a obviously plagiarised personal project as academic fraud is exactly what it is. Yes it does happen and no its not a laughing matter, http://io9.com/sixth-grader-may-have-stolen-marine-biologists-lionfish-1609042717

Note the national exposure the biologist who actually did the work lost by the kid not properly crediting where credit is deserved. Instead he risked a public backlash but his published peer reviewed papers are irrefutably his own.

He wasn't being honest on national TV that's for sure, but that's a non issue and the media made it into one. It is very well noted that even on a phone interview on a personal level Ahmed wasn't able to provide his own answer. His words in an interview is less likely to be his. 

Again you did not read the link you've provided. Ahmed's project was not representative of anything but himself. 

Someone who is rational enough to point out academic dishonesty. You really are in denial. 

Oh lord, please bless me with the drill to pierce ignorance...  Don't let the media fool you guys.  

He wasn't being honest on national TV that's for sure, but that's a non issue and the media made it into one. It is very well noted that even on a phone interview on a personal level Ahmed wasn't able to provide his own answer. His words in an interview is less likely to be his. 

Again you did not read the link you've provided. Ahmed's project was not representative of anything but himself. 

Oh lord, please bless me with the drill to pierce ignorance...  Don't let the media fool you guys.  

Non issue? He lied on national TV and he "made" it to impress his teachers/class mates in school. If he is a puppet than that is his own choice as well just makes him look even worse then. A liar and a puppet? Not something I claimed. He still lied and its his own choice to listen to his sister or not.

Ahmed's project is not his own and he misrepresented himself to his class and school while in school. Committing an obvious act of plagiarism. Plagiarism falls under the umbrella term of academic fraud and you can be punished for it regardless of if it is an official assignment or not he went to school and lied about "his" project. Since he didn't cheat on an official exam/test/assignment/project the plagiarism should just be noted on his high school record for misrepresenting his technical skills to the school with a project not of his own design (No suspension just a black mark on his record). Cheating on an official test can result in suspension, expulsion, instant failure, and so on and so forth depending on your school in addition to a black mark on your records.

His own words are his own. Puppet or not he choose to say the words.

There's definitely no doubt he lied and means to misinform the public by repeating it—because regardless of who told him to say it he knows it isn't true and he keeps spreading it around to get attention and rewards.

There's definitely no doubt he lied and means to misinform the public by repeating it—because regardless of who told him to say it he knows it isn't true and he keeps spreading it around to get attention and rewards.

That is the basic gist of it. In the same interview he holds up what he calls the entire guts of a media player and then when asked about the clock he says it is one of his many inventions. Both the clock and media player should have been identified as the entire guts of a product not any invention. He clearly knows the difference but neglected to say that in the same interview.

It doesn't matter if his family or sister is telling him to perpetuate a lie he has the choice to say no and is not doing so while it is obviously a lie. This is a poor display of character. I don't know how big the counter media push will be, I certainly don't want his life ruined in the backlash which I doubt will be that large, but I don't think he deserves to see the president or get scholarships and internship offers without actually proving himself first in the years to come. A note in his records about his in school lying for his high school record would be long forgotten if his university record is clean (It is actually sadly more dependent on the media than his academic record now). 

Offers should come for actual work and to people with integrity and skill not to the media moment of the day.

Non issue? He lied on national TV and he "made" it to impress his teachers/class mates in school. If he is a puppet than that is his own choice as well just makes him look even worse then. A liar and a puppet? Not something I claimed. He still lied and its his own choice to listen to his sister or not.

Ahmed's project is not his own and he misrepresented himself to his class and school while in school. Committing an obvious act of plagiarism. Plagiarism falls under the umbrella term of academic fraud and you can be punished for it regardless of if it is an official assignment or not he went to school and lied about "his" project. Since he didn't cheat on an official exam/test/assignment/project the plagiarism should just be noted on his high school record for misrepresenting his technical skills to the school with a project not of his own design (No suspension just a black mark on his record). Cheating on an official test can result in suspension, expulsion, instant failure, and so on and so forth depending on your school in addition to a black mark on your records.

His own words are his own. Puppet or not he choose to say the words.

Of course he made it to show off in school. That's what kids do. 

You haven't provided any solid evidence to show that Ahmed has committed Academic fraud. 

His words may be his words, but do you want to believe it? 

That is the basic gist of it. In the same interview he holds up what he calls the entire guts of a media player and then when asked about the clock he says it is one of his many inventions. Both the clock and media player should have been identified as the entire guts of a product not any invention. He clearly knows the difference but neglected to say that in the same interview.

It doesn't matter if his family or sister is telling him to perpetuate a lie he has the choice to say no and is not doing so while it is obviously a lie. This is a poor display of character.

Going on the same interview you've linked me, Ahmed has already identified the component as being "the motherboard of an entire media player" which should already tell you that it isn't an invention. And it should also tell you that there is a chance that Ahmed could've worded his sentences wrongly. 

I didn't think anyone would've believed kid's words in its entirety. Ahmed doesn't display a strong character, do you think someone like that will turn down well recognise figures, live shows and even the president? 

Of course he made it to show off in school. That's what kids do. 

You haven't provided any solid evidence to show that Ahmed has committed Academic fraud. 

His words may be his words, but do you want to believe it? 

Going on the same interview you've linked me, Ahmed has already identified the component as being "the motherboard of an entire media player" which should already tell you that it isn't an invention. And it should also tell you that there is a chance that Ahmed could've worded his sentences wrongly. 

I didn't think anyone would've believed kid's words in its entirety. Ahmed doesn't display a strong character, do you think someone like that will turn down well recognise figures, live shows and even the president? 

Which is a lie because he didn't invent that clock at all. Kids should not be encouraged to lie/cheat/plagiarise/... just to show how cool they are.

He committed plagiarism which is a form of academic fraud by misrepresenting the work of others as his own "invention".

I don't understand what your going on about, his words are his words, I don't believe them because they are a factual lie. If someone manipulated him into saying it he still spoke the words of his on volition he could have said nope I'm not going to lie its just a radio shack clock just like this media player I'm holding.

Clock/Media player not the same thing. He did not mix up his words he clearly says that the clock is one of his many "inventions". It certainly did tell me he doesn't invent things he just rips them out of the case and doesn't appear to do/learn anything to them before showing them off. He certainly has disassembly interests but he is missing the whole comprehension, reconstruction bits which are where the meat of the work is. Disassembly can be done with a just a hammer no skill required that is the easy part the hard stuff is figuring out how things work and how to mix things up and building things from parts.

A person with integrity would. If your fame is based on a lie perpetuating it does you no good. It is already in the open now so there is no hiding it any more. He had his chance to not lie to everyone on TV and multiple interviews. There should very well be academic consequences for such blatant lying in school and to the media about said in school activities (parading around his "invention"). If a kid beats another kid up at the gate of a school after classes officially ended if a teacher catches them they will still get a mark on their record. If a kid commits academic fraud to a teacher in school they too should have it marked down even if their fraud was not part of the official curriculum.

They can't get a zero on something that has no grade for it but grades don't mean anything if the person's character is all wrong.

Which is a lie because he didn't invent that clock at all. Kids should not be encouraged to lie/cheat/plagiarise/... just to show how cool they are.

He committed plagiarism which is a form of academic fraud by misrepresenting the work of others as his own "invention".

I don't understand what your going on about, his words are his words, I don't believe them because they are a factual lie. If someone manipulated him into saying it he still spoke the words of his on volition he could have said nope I'm not going to lie its just a radio shack clock just like this media player I'm holding.

Clock/Media player not the same thing. He did not mix up his words he clearly says that the clock is one of his many "inventions". It certainly did tell me he doesn't invent things he just rips them out of the case and doesn't appear to do anything to them before showing them off. 

A person with integrity would. If your fame is based on a lie perpetuating it does you no good. It is already in the open now so there is no hiding it any more. He had his chance to not lie to everyone on TV and multiple interviews. There should be very well be academic consequences for such blatant lying in school and to the media about said school activity.

Ahmed would've committed plagiarism if it was involved in an academic exercise. By simple telling us that because Ahmed showed it in school lacks basis and does not determine that his clock has any association at all with the curriculum. 

I am not Ahmed so I don't speak for him. But if you already tell me that he is a kid, why would you take his words "invent" seriously? Again this is the media sensationalising. They've pretty much succeeded.