Worth upgrading to new PC

I want to upgrade my laptop to a gaming PC. But i don't know if i would get disappointed when uprading from my old laptop.

Would it be worth it?

Current Laptop:

- Lenovo Ideapad Y510P

- CPU: Intel Core I7 4700MQ 2.40GHz

- GPU : 2x Nvidia GT755M, 16 GB ram in total.

PC i want to buy:

https://www.komplett.dk/k/shoplist.aspx?mode=receive&si=1592125&su=A7BA7AAE-0D60-44D6-B3B8-9DFF176326FA

Price in USD = $985,39 

The website is in Danish.

Yes, but get a different PSU. Any XFX or SeaSonic and or a Antec HighCurrent Gamer.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Yes, but get a different PSU. Any XFX or SeaSonic and or a Antec HighCurrent Gamer.

there is nothing wrong with corsair PSu's their one of the best.

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

Please tell me your being sacrastic...

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

How uneducated are you on CX PSU's??

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

You wont be dissapointed, this is a big step up :) For the PSU i would go with a different one though. The rest looks great, that GPU might bottleneck that CPU though but they are easy to switch in the future.

Corsair gets hate because Linus made a video about ONE CHEAP PSU.... Which obviously means ALL Corsair PSUs are bad, right?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Corsair gets hate because Linus made a video about ONE CHEAP PSU.... Which obviously means ALL Corsair PSUs are bad, right?

Huh? Corsair doesn't even make PSUs. They rebrand them. Not all corsairmpower supplys are bad but the corsair CX series are some of the worse. To top it off when Corsair does have a good,oower supply it is very overpriced.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

You clearly aren't that educated on some of the issues of the CX series

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/434993-the-corsair-cx-series/

Basecaly they are designed for office builds and not gaming builds.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Huh? Corsair doesn't even make PSUs. They rebrand them. Not all corsairmpower supplys are bad but the corsair CX series are some of the worse. To top it off when Corsair does have a good,oower supply it is very overpriced.

I agree with the evaluation of the CX series, but the statement about the better Corsair PSUs being overpriced is a gross generalization. I got my RM750 20 bucks under a comparable fully modular, gold rated PSU with a smart fan.

The desktop that you showed is probally slow than your current laptop. SLIed 755m and mobile quad core is faster than you think and can easily take on a desktop i5 and a 950. Get at least a gtx 970/r9 390 if you gonna get a desktop that you want to be significantly faster.

I agree with the evaluation of the CX series, but the statement about the better Corsair PSUs being overpriced is a gross generalization. I got my RM750 20 bucks under a comparable fully modular, gold rated PSU with a smart fan.

They are over priced. You can 90% of the time find a better PSU for the same or lower amount lf money. You may have gotten a good deal on yours, does not mean everyone else does.

They are over priced. You can 90% of the time find a better PSU for the same or lower amount lf money. You may have gotten a good deal on yours, does not mean everyone else does.

The provided link is sorted for price, I hope. The RMi is expensive, the RM is a good value. But even the RMi isn't the most expensive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007657%20600014094%20600037998&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICED&PageSize=90

My point being rather than making blanket statements about a brand based off of one product, find the best deal.

Edit* Notice the rebate puts the RM at $99

Please tell me your being sacrastic...

Noooo... Because they are. Maybe you'd like some pepper with your salt?

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

The provided link is sorted for price, I hope. The RMi is expensive, the RM is a good value. But even the RMi isn't the most expensive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007657%20600014094%20600037998&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICED&PageSize=90

My point being rather than making blanket statements about a brand based off of one product, find the best deal.

Edit* Notice the rebate puts the RM at $99

1) Not every does rebates but if they did XFX, and EVGA GS or G2 have 850w Gold Effcient power supplies for the same price range which will be better. Also 80+ is not the world, it is only power effciency and will save maybe a few dollars a year. RM, you can get a EVGA B2 750w for sometimes $45 after a rebates. Not every websire sells power supplys at the same price. One link to a specfic bunch of power supplys on one website simply does not cut it.

@STRMfrmXMN

Please tell me you are lying when you say they make the best power supplys. No doubt, they have some quality power supplys but they are usally over priced or not very good. Also they do not even make their own power supplys, every single,one of them is a rebrand.

1) Not every does rebates but if they did XFX, and EVGA GS or G2 have 850w Gold Effcient power supplies for the same price range which will be better. Also 80+ is not the world, it is only power effciency and will save maybe a few dollars a year. RM, you can get a EVGA B2 750w for sometimes $45 after a rebates. Not every websire sells power supplys at the same price. One link to a specfic bunch of power supplys on one website simply does not cut it.

Actually my point exactly. I am at odds with you labeling Corsair as over priced, not that they can be. I am at odds with labeling Corsair PSUs as inferior, not that they can be. And most products are rebrands, which further strengthens my point.

Actually my point exactly. I am at odds with you labeling Corsair as over priced, not that they can be. I am at odds with labeling Corsair PSUs as inferior, not that they can be. And most products are rebrands, which further strengthens my point.

You can always find a better power supply then one of Corsairs simply because they overprice. There is no argument, they are overpriced and some people need to face the facts. If you can find one that is a good price, sure get it but more then 90% of the time you can always find a PSU that is cheaper for the same or higher quality. As I mentioned before, you cannot simply justify them as not being overpriced off of one website and using specfic settings.

@STRMfrmXMN

Please tell me you are lying when you say they make the best power supplys. No doubt, they have some quality power supplys but they are usally over priced or not very good. Also they do not even make their own power supplys, every single,one of them is a rebrand.

Sorry, I gtg, can you TL;DR me something so I can reply later?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Sorry, I gtg, can you TL;DR me something so I can reply later?

Short and simple ^^

The other dude is not that big of a deal. Just saying Corsair PSUs are not over priced.

You can always find a better power supply then one of Corsairs simply because they overprice. There is no argument, they are overpriced and some people need to face the facts. If you can find one that is a good price, sure get it but more then 90% of the time you can always find a PSU that is cheaper for the same or higher quality. As I mentioned before, you cannot simply justify them as not being overpriced off of one website and using specfic settings.

We'll have to agree to disagree here. The specific setting I used was a gold rated 750w PSU, nothing else. I did the search just now and the link is live. The price is the same as when I bought mine as is the rebate. Really couldn't care is Papa Smerf made the silly thing. I wanted a fully modular, gold rated, smart fan equipped PSU rated at 750w. The RM was the best deal.

About the corsair cx series:

Horrible build quality psu made by Channel Well Technology, with horrible capacitors

1 japanese capacitor  rated for 85c not 105c, the rest are even worse  chinese (capxon).

it is ok for regular everyday use, not meant for gaming/oc

We'll have to agree to disagree here. The specific setting I used was a gold rated 750w PSU, nothing else. I did the search just now and the link is live. The price is the same as when I bought mine as is the rebate. Really couldn't care is Papa Smerf made the silly thing. I wanted a fully modular, gold rated, smart fan equipped PSU rated at 750w. The RM was the best deal.

You can always find cheaper 750w gold fully modular psu that are better than the rm, like evga g2,gs, xfx, seasonic, antec, super flower leadex gold and so on

The site has changed....

You can always find cheaper 750w gold fully modular psu that are better than the rm, like evga g2,gs, xfx, seasonic, antec, super flower leadex gold and so on

Not for me. Not a month ago and not today. I got my RM for $99US. Closest to it then and now is $109. I probably could have split my order and found a deal on another site but my shipping was free because I got everything in one place. I got one box containing all my parts.

Again, I am not saying the Corsair is always the cheapest, I'm arguing that saying it's always overpriced is a generalization that I have provided evidence showing is not true.

Where you live=/=Where I live.

Not for me. Not a month ago and not today. I got my RM for $99US. Closest to it then and now is $109. I probably could have split my order and found a deal on another site but my shipping was free because I got everything in one place. I got one box containing all my parts.

Again, I am not saying the Corsair is always the cheapest, I'm arguing that saying it's always overpriced is a generalization that I have provided evidence showing is not true.

Where you live=/=Where I live.

True dat, location matters, in greece, the prices for rm series start from 150 euros (650w), while super flower leadex gold (750w) can be found for 130

The site has changed....

True dat, location matters, in greece, the prices for rm series start from 150 euros (650w), while super flower leadex gold (750w) can be found for 130

True dat brother. That was painful xD. What were we talking about again?