Star Wars Battlefront beta playable offline, open to everyone starting early October

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-17-star-wars-battlefront-beta-playable-offline-open-to-everyone

Source 2: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-community-update-4

In a blog post today, EA has outlined that the Star Wars Battlefront will be open to everybody starting early October and you will be able to play the beta offline. The open beta will be available on the Xbox One, PS4, and PC. The beta will include 40 player Walker Assault on Hoth and Drop Zone on Sullust. There will also be a Survival Mission mode set on Tatooine, which is meant to be played solo or through co-op. 

For those of you kind of on the fence about the new Battlefront game, like myself, this is excellent news to hear. When the game was announced, of course I was excited, but then EA has announced some so-so things about the game, so I'm still not sure, but my decision will become clearer after I play the beta!

COMIC SANS

Still annoying that there isn't offline co-op on PC.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

i'm so fucking hyped about this game....

if this game blows.... ill need to buy a pitchfork and a lot of gasoline...

It was great when I played it in the closed alpha.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Can't wait :3 Anyone have an idea how long the beta will be open for?

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

Still annoying that there isn't offline co-op on PC.

You plan on pulling up a second desk chair and plugging in another keyboard and mouse for a buddy or something?

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I'm less than thrilled about much of the information that has come out about the game in it's own marketing materials, to say nothing of some fairly negative press coverage of the playable demo at E3.

That being said, I've always felt these EA public demo events are extremely consumer-friendly and I see little to complain about there. I get to see it for myself, on my own machine, for free.

You plan on pulling up a second desk chair and plugging in another keyboard and mouse for a buddy or something?

Two controller's connected in to your PC?

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Can't be done

/s

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Ew shit. Forgot people used controllers in games that didn't involve a lot of driving.

Nonetheless, I'd assume you're in a pretty niche market with a want like that so it really probably isn't worth implementing in most devs' eyes.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Don't have windows 10 yet and won't until I trust it which will likely take until November at best so no battlefront for me.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Game was okay in alpha, not exactly impressive. Could of easily mistook it as a bf4 mode. Wonder if open beta has changed that

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Game was okay in alpha, not exactly impressive. Could of easily mistook it as a bf4 mode. Wonder if open beta has changed that

To be honest dude, when I did it felt nothing like battlefield.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

what does offline mean? they dont have a singleplayer and they are creating a new battlelog for it. maybe offline coop? thatd be cool, but offline vs bots would make it a no brainer for me

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

i'm so fucking hyped about this game....

if this game blows.... ill need to buy a pitchfork and a lot of gasoline...

Well that just seems dangerous. For a start, how are you gonna hold liquid with a fork. You've not thought this through. lol

what does offline mean? they dont have a singleplayer and they are creating a new battlelog for it. maybe offline coop? thatd be cool, but offline vs bots would make it a no brainer for me

They confirmed an offline bots mode and coop mode (Console only) I would play this mode more than anything else. 

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Well that just seems dangerous. For a start, how are you gonna hold liquid with a fork. You've not thought this through. lol

no no no, this is safety at its finest..

use pitchfork to sling the gasoline. This way, i will not get it on me, and thus i will not catch fire....

They confirmed an offline bots mode and coop mode (Console only) I would play this mode more than anything else. 

Liked for the "You've not thought this through!"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

no no no, this is safety at its finest..

use pitchfork to sling the gasoline. This way, i will not get it on me, and thus i will not catch fire....

Well then you need to buy a container for said gasoline too. You cant just throw gasoline with a fork, for the same reason you dont eat east soup with a fork. There are quite literal holes in your plan.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

A feature that is not worth the effort. As very very few people will use it.

I think youd be surprised. There is a growing number us building ITX systems to be used on the sofa as a 'console'.

Spoiler