Star Wars Battlefront beta playable offline, open to everyone starting early October

TopWargamer

Well then you need to buy a container for said gasoline too. You cant just throw gasoline with a fork, for the same reason you dont eat east soup with a fork. There are quite literal holes in your plan.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I think youd be surprised. There is a growing number us building ITX systems to be used on the sofa as a 'console'.

Or even using something like steam link(or any streaming of any kind) , if they went to the trouble of doing it for console why not do it on pc too, they've got rid of battlelog so that can't be an excuse.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Or even using something like steam link(or any streaming of any kind) , if they went to the trouble of doing it for console why not do it on pc too, they've got rid of battlelog so that can't be an excuse.

DICE excuse was literally that other shooter on PC aren't doing it either.

The funny thing is a month after that CoD Black Ops 3 announced splitscreen support for PC...

RTX2070OC 

DICE excuse was literally that other shooter on PC aren't doing it either.

The funny thing is a month after that CoD Black Ops 3 announced splitscreen support for PC...

As much as I like DICE, that's just complete and utter bullshite.They push the PC platform many times with adoption of mantle and them pushing dx12 and vulkan for all of their 2016 games. How can they be so blind, sure not everyone will use the feauture but it's nice to have. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Definitely going to give this a whirl. I haven't yet decided whether I want the game to be great or terrible, but this beta will help me out.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Yes dx12 is not required, thank you EA<---never though I'd say that

It's to early for that but you can bet that Battlefield 5 will be DX12 only next year.

DICE lead Frostbite engineer talked about it a few months ago they already have DX12 implemented in the engine.

While I understand that some people don't want Windows 10 having games DX12 only is a good thing that should happen as soon as possible.

RTX2070OC 

It's to early for that but you can bet that Battlefield 5 will be DX12 only next year.

DICE lead Frostbite engineer talked about it a few months ago they already have DX12 implemented in the engine.

While I understand that some people don't want Windows 10 having games DX12 only is a good thing that should happen as soon as possible.

Yeah I see it as microsoft trying to bundle everyone into a less controllable half baked os with the dx12 push as this wouldn't be the first time they tried this and last time with dx10 it failed which is probably the reason for the 'free' upgrade so they make sure the new os is tantalizing enough for most people to switch, if someone finds a way to disable the forced updates I will switch but until then they can go to hell. BTW this is a battlefront 3 post not battlefield 5

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Yeah I see it as microsoft trying to bundle everyone into a less controllable half baked os with the dx12 push as this wouldn't be the first time they tried this and last time with dx10 it failed which is probably the reason for the 'free' upgrade so they make sure the new os is tantalizing enough for most people to switch, if someone finds a way to disable the forced updates I will switch but until then they can go to hell. BTW this is a battlefront 3 post not battlefield 5

The situation is quiet different now DX10 wasn't a big upgrade from DX9 besides some new graphic features there wasn't a reason to actually use it.

DirectX12 on the other hand changes games fundamentally what was before not even possible is suddenly a breeze to do.

This video shows it pretty good don't look at the fps but at the amount of objects on screen.

https://youtu.be/sc4dsiq-I7g?t=92

This is how DX12 game will be compared to DX11 not with a boost in fps but with worlds on a completely new scale be it in detail or size.

And this not only counts for objects but other calculations like AI or physics as well this will not only visually change our games but it will change the gameplay in significant ways.

I bet a GTX580 can draw under DX12 more objects than a 980Ti can under DX11.

RTX2070OC 

I think this is an awesome way to demo a game for the community. It provides people who are on edge about the purchase to actually try the game out. +1 for EA.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Alright! I was hoping for this one and offline to, nice. :)