TSMC Beats Samsung For NVIDIA's Pascal GPU - Confirmed to Feature 16GB of HBM2

HKZeroFive

Awesome, maybe we don't need 16GB of VRAM right now, but without this kind of cards technology won't improve. AMD should jump on VRAM bandwagon too.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

nVidia's naming scheme is more retarded... AMD's is easier.

x60 series: mid-low

x70 series: mid

x80 series: mid-high

x90 series: high

With nvidia it changes...

750 series: mid low

760-70: mid high

780/titan series: high-enthusiast...

While for 900 series is:

950: mid

960: mid high

970-80: high

980 ti / titan: enthusiast.

Is that really too complicated for you???

The 3xx series for AMD are rebrands, so if anything it's more confusing that they changed their name. You also forget to add in the Fury, FuryX, and Nano. So if anything Nvidia is easier to understand.

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

-snip-

All jokes aside they're actually going of legitimate information here from Nvidia's conference in Japan rather than "rumors".

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

The 3xx series for AMD are rebrands, so if anything it's more confusing that they changed their name. You also forget to add in the Fury, FuryX, and Nano. So if anything Nvidia is easier to understand.

Refresh, not rebrand.

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

I wonder what they're gonna call the new Titan, because they're running out of letters lmao.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I'm curious to see how much Cuda Cores those cards will have my current guess would be around 5000.

RTX2070OC 

I wonder what they're gonna call the new Titan, because they're running out of letters lmao.

Titan mc2

I like how people hate on WCCFTech even when they write thorough articles with reputable sources. Like what is their drive to become better journalists if we don't give them credit where its due?

Woohoo, a big number of VRAMs!! Hooray! Surely we'll all be gaming at 8k within a year!!

<_<

Um, Who really needs 16 GBs of VRAM? I'm doing just fine with 1 GB.

Anyone playing games of the last year or so at 1080p and expecting good performance at high visual fidelity should expect to need 2 GB. Almost no one needs over 4 GB at any otherwise playable resolution, though.

Not sure if you're serious btw.

People who play on anything other than low 800 x 600

Even at 1024x768 its possible to easily go over 2GB vRAM usage with a GTX 650ti. I was forced to use only my GTX 970 for Skyrim the mods were getting that intensive-even then I started nearing 3GB vRAM usage at the same resolution.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

So? nVidia still changes their tiers in every series, AMD does not.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

It's always been TSMC who were going to make Pascal. GloFo has never made a contract. Also 16GB should only be for the "Titan" version or Tesla/Quadro.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Refreshes........the same thing happened with 600 and 700 but no everybody have to bitch about AMD.

Nvidia:

9xxx

2xx

4xx with some Ti models on lower end.

5xx with some Ti models on lower end.

6xx with some Ti models on lower end.

7xx with some Ti models on lower end/high end.

9xx with Ti models on high end.

AMD:

7xxx and below with 4 numbers

R9 2xx

R9 3xx

R9 Fury/X/Nano

Refreshes........the same thing happened with 600 and 700 but no everybody have to bitch about AMD.

Nvidia:

9xxx

2xx

4xx with some Ti models on lower end.

5xx with some Ti models on lower end.

6xx with some Ti models on lower end.

7xx with some Ti models on lower end/high end.

9xx with Ti models on high end.

AMD:

7xxx and below with 4 numbers

R9 2xx

R9 3xx

R9 Fury/X/Nano

Don't forget the GTX 500 series was a refresh of the GTX 400 series. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Don't forget the GTX 500 series was a refresh of the GTX 400 series. 

Yep, but it wasn't as toasty as AMD/ATi drivers failing sometimes.......

why doesn't nvidia manufacture their own cards, surely they can afford to make their own manufacturies, and wouldn't it cost them less/make them more money to manufacture their own?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

How about you or any of the people agreeing with you link me to a single bezelless display?

And i dont mean flat glass with the bezel hidden beneath. Or 1" bezel counting as "no bezel".

If you gona make a 6 monitor setup - please show me the monitor that has NO bezel on the sides, top and bottom - so i can make their pixels touch.

That is currently impossible, but you yourself made it sound as if there is 10" of plastic between them, which there is not, actually, there is about 1cm max. There are plenty of them. CBA to link from phone. :)

nVidia's naming scheme is more retarded... AMD's is easier.

x60 series: mid-low

x70 series: mid

x80 series: mid-high

x90 series: high

With nvidia it changes...

750 series: mid low

760-70: mid high

780/titan series: high-enthusiast...

While for 900 series is:

950: mid

960: mid high

970-80: high

980 ti / titan: enthusiast.

Bro you forgot the 780ti, 750ti, 760ti(OEM card, so kinda counts).

I think AMD's is way more retarded. R7 260 vs. R9 270? Wtf does the R7/R9 mean then? Also why is there a R7 370 when there is a R9 270? Shouldn't it be R9 370?

AMD's is all over the place. 

So the 18th is when we'll get actual specs of the architecture?

Titan mc2

Haha I honestly can think of any other decent new name other than "Titan Ultra"

I think with 1TB/s bandwith and 16 gigabytes of Vram that truly is the perfect card for single card multi monitor 4K. Also VR support will be better with higher Vram support and faster transfer speeds. I just hope AMD has the same or better then Nvidia and is cheaper so it will have to make Nvidia lower there prices.

HBM is AMDs technology (Hynix as well). So yeah... Greenland will feature the same HBM2 1,024bit memory. We can assume that Greenland will feature the same 16GB of memory as well.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." - Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes)

16GB of VRAM, nVLink - none of these are for the desktop market

keep in mind, IBM and nVidia are to build this: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407245-press-release-ibm-and-nvidia-launch-supercomputer-centers-of-excellence/

I've been saying this for quite a while now, don't expect Pascal for desktop to be released soon; Tesla accelerators will be a priority for nVidia

Especially true considering Intel are about to kick Tesla right in the nu... well you get the point.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9436/quick-note-intel-knights-landing-xeon-phi-omnipath-100-isc-2015

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." - Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes)