TSMC Beats Samsung For NVIDIA's Pascal GPU - Confirmed to Feature 16GB of HBM2

HKZeroFive

You literally can. With vram you have either enough, or not enough. If you have enough you don't benefit from having more, but if you don't your experience is bad. It's not like GPU performance where a better GPU will always get more fps (other bottlenecks notwithstanding), vram literally is a "you have enough or you don't" kind of deal.

Nah, can never have enough. The more ram the merrier. I use my extra ram to store .jpg's. 

uhm....

Witcher 3, in Novigrad on all ultra (and AA) uses 3240MB just standing still....

FarCry 4 is hitting 5-6GB just looking at/walking around the landscape outside a spawn house....

Metro Last Light hit 2540MB on ultra settings.....

Skyirm (Stock, no mods) is hitting 3422MB during the starting cinematic alone....

i play at 3440x1440p... so yes, in my case games use A LOT more then 1GB... but you would still be over 1GB on 1080p seeing as my resolution is about 2.5x that of 1080p in terms of pixels (4.953.600 vs 2.073.600).... so yeah, 1.5 to 2GB would be reasonable with 1080p.... but under 1GB on high or ultra. not a chance in hell....

You don't have to explain it.

Him and TerryTek seem like they want to live on old hardware for god knows what reason

I just bought 4 Titan X's :(

For what purpose did you buy them?

If you needed them, you'll be happy. If you didn't need them, then you wasted the money, regardless of whether Pascal has HBM2.0 or not.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Skyirm (Stock, no mods) is hitting 3422MB during the starting cinematic alone....

Funny. Mostly vanilla Skyrim for me uses about 2GB at 4K.

16GB, because the facepalm we all made when AMD released their 8GB card wasn't clear enough.

Wtf are they planning?!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

16GB, because the facepalm we all made when AMD released their 8GB card wasn't clear enough.

Wtf are they planning?!

A dual-gpu, multi-monitor 4k, crazy vr.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W