which card is the best

DirtyBert

hi

i am getting a new graphics card (upgrading from gtx960) which one of the following cards should i get

ps 

will it be compatible with this build

Intel i5-4690 @ 3.50Ghz                

8.00 GB                                              

Thermaltake 500 WAT                 

Asus H87-Plus                              

Thermaltake Black Versa H23     

Intel 250gb Speed Demon           

Seagate 2TB    

????

pps these card are in Australian dollars incase you thinks they are expensive

post-259313-0-78136500-1442398965.png

hi

i am getting a new graphics card (upgrading from gtx960) which one of the following cards should i get

ps 

will it be compatible with this build

Intel i5-4690 @ 3.50Ghz                

8.00 GB                                              

Thermaltake 500 WAT                 

Asus H87-Plus                              

Thermaltake Black Versa H23     

Intel 250gb Speed Demon           

Seagate 2TB    

????

pps these card are in Australian dollars incase you thinks they are expensive

Just get the G1 Gaming, its the cheapest.

Although, the Sapphire is a good card.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Just get the G1 Gaming, its the cheapest.

Although, the Sapphire is a good card.

the sapphire is only an extra 19 bucks is ti worth it?

I'd jump on either the DCU II from Asus (assuming they did the cooler correctly) or the Tri-X from Sapphire.

XFX - I hear mixed things tbh, I don't know what to thing about their cards.

Strix - Overpriced

G1 - It'd do the job. Wouldn't be the first card I'd jump on though.

MSI - Overpriced

If you're upgrading from the 960, you would want a card that has a bit more noticeable performance increase, something in the 980ti range. You're basically upgrading from 960 to a 980 which isn't enough of a performance increase to really justify the cost. 

I would't get Gigabyte G1, because some users are having issues with it and it's voltage locked. Sapphire Tri-x is perfect. :)

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

the sapphire is only an extra 19 bucks is ti worth it?

Yeah, go for the Sapphire.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

If you're upgrading from the 960, you would want a card that has a bit more noticeable performance increase, something in the 980ti range. You're basically upgrading from 960 to a 980 which isn't enough of a performance increase to really justify the cost. 

Yeah but a 980 ti is $1000.

@DirtyBert just go the cheaper one if you want but if you got money go for the tri-x or DirectCU III

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

i was told that a r9 360 can game on 3 moniters

Avoid the G1 gaming, that card is volt locked. The most excellent overclocker is the msi card but if you don't have overclocking in mind then the Sapphire or XFX will suit you well. Bear in mind the Sapphire is 8 + 8 pin unlike the others.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Avoid the G1 gaming, that card is volt locked. The most excellent overclocker is the msi card but if you don't have overclocking in mind then the Sapphire or XFX will suit you well. Bear in mind the Sapphire is 8 + 8 pin unlike the others.

"Bear in mind the Sapphire is 8 + 8 pin unlike the others" dose that mean i need a different motherboard or something?

"Bear in mind the Sapphire is 8 + 8 pin unlike the others" dose that mean i need a different motherboard or something?

No, it just means you have to plug more things into the card (Albeit like 2 thingies)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

A 960 is nowhere near a 390 let alone the 390x.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

That doesnt make that much sense, 390x vs 960 is a pretty big bump up in performance. With your logic then why not just get 3 way 980 ti sli, hell why not just 4 while your at it.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

No, it just means you have to plug more things into the card (Albeit like 2 thingies)

do they come with the card?

That doesnt make that much sense, 390x vs 960 is a pretty big bump up in performance. With your logic then why not just get 3 way 980 ti sli, hell why not just 4 while your at it.

i will go with that seems good

i will go with that seems good

From the ones you listed i have heard good things about the Sapphire and MSI, while not so good things about Gigabyte (volt locked for god knows why) and ASUS. Should work just fine with your other hardware, just make sure that the card fits in your case, some cards these days can be extremely long.

I have the small XFX 370 in my 2nd pc and im not massively impressed with the noise the fans produce.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

The way I see it is spending $400+$200(for the 390x and 960) vs $650+$200(for the 980ti and 960). I was in a similar situation- I upgraded from the 7950 (purchased for ~$200) to the 970 (got it for $280). If I didn't sell the 7950, it'll be the same as buying the 970 for $480 which isn't worth it; it would had been more worth it just to get the 980ti for a total cost of $850 and get a doubling in performance (roughly) vs a roughly 30% increase in performance for $480. 

It means that the power connector from your psu needs to have 8 pin + 8 pin. Check the cables connected to your graphics card if you're unsure.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case