Microsoft is working to 'deeply integrate' Cortana into Cyanogen OS

Microsoft's digital 'personal assistant' Cortan is available in Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 10, Android as in Beta, and as for iOS it is coming soon.

However, Microsoft partnered with Cyanogen, to do like Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile, to deeply integrate it to the Cyanogen OS for smartphones, to provide full features of Cortana in your hands.

Cyanogen CEO Kirt McMaster said:

Natural language coupled with intelligence is very important but as an application it doesn’t rally work because you need to be embedded into the framework of the OS because that is where you get all the signal from the services that makes that intelligence smarter.

When Apple launched Apple Music at WWDC, they showed the Siri integration with Apple Music. Siri doesn’t power Spotify like that so we can do these kind of things with for example, integration of Microsoft’s Cortana into the OS enabling natural language to power Spotify and other services.

Previously, Microsoft and Cyanogen announced that Bing services, Skype, OneDrive, Office and more would be bundled with Cyanogen OS.

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-is-working-to-039deeply-integrate039-cortana-into-cyanogen-os

Alt+MAlt+N

why the hell do you keep posting this

i like google now better than cortana

Alt+MAlt+N

Alt+MAlt+N

i like google now better than cortana

Alt+MAlt+N

WTF is ALT+MALT+N ? just what is that ?

OT: This sounds interesting and I would like them integrate the on the fly translation from skype too.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I really hope this is just for CyanogenOS and not Cyanogenmod.

I don't want them to ruin Cyanogenmod with crap like this.

Why is it crap ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Why is it crap ?

Data mining/harvesting

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Data mining/harvesting

If you had root you could probably stop that and I want Cortana have access to all of data so it gets suited with me and like gets better. And I totally trust MS so I got no problem.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Data mining/harvesting

If that's the problem, then people should stop using personal assistants like Siri, Cortana or Google Now altogether, since they all data mine in some way.

I've never seriously used personal assistants and probably never will.

You should give it a go it helps.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I really hope this is just for CyanogenOS and not Cyanogenmod.

I don't want them to ruin Cyanogenmod with crap like this.

CyanogenMod and Cyanogen are considere to be separate entities. CM12.1 does not have any Microsoft apps preinstalled.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

The scenarios that it could be helpful is for things like reminding you things when you get there, tracking packages, and stuff like that.

using it to send a message... not so much... unless you are driving, I guess.

Article from TechnoBuffalo

Article from IBT

Microsoft’s intelligent assistant, Cortana, could become much more prevalent through a partnership with Cyanogen. In an interview with International Business Times, Cyanogen CEO Kirt McMaster revealed his company is working closely with Microsoft to deeply integrate the technology into a future version of Cyanogen OS. That would put Cortana in Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Phone 8.1, Android, iOS and now Cyanogen OS, making the assistant widely accessible to a massive consumer base.

I'll be looking forward to the day it shows up on Cyanogen OS devices. Heck, this'll make use Cortana so much more.  I don't how I feel, however, if Microsoft somehow decides to discontinue Windows Phones just because Cyanogen OS has a much bigger potential to be successful, though the chances of it happening is less than 10% because of Microsoft's heavily-advertised Continuum feature. It's still nice to see Cortana will be much more functional in Cyanogen OS, than on other Android devices. 

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

Sweet, i can get it on my dad's OnePlus One as a Siri competitor. Now i can get it. Woo hoo.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So you are looking forward microsoft listens to everything you do? sorry no thanks.

What's the difference with Siri?

I've had a windows phone, no complaints here.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Cyanogen has become so large that they're going down the path of evil, and forever will it dominate their destiny.

We need a new mobile OS again...

Meh, Cyanogen hasn't been affected as much as Android and iOS have, partially because almost nobody has ever heard of it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So you are looking forward microsoft listens to everything you do? sorry no thanks.

they won't listen until they're activated, just like Google Now and Siri

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Cortana is still restricted on my W10 PC in the UK. Is that a thing or whats going on.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard