Let's Put This to Rest: Build Über 4K PC NOW OR WAIT for Pascal / Arcitc Island DIRECT X12 vs MANTLE?

Then he can wait another year, because not even 4X Titan X at 1500Mhz can push out locked 60FPS at 8K.

hes not asking about 100hz 1440p nor is he asking about dsr 8k

If I were him I'd be going

x99 platform

5690x ( overclocking the first 4 cores high as possible)

3 x 980ti sli overclocked

Custom loop

Nvdia won't bring out cards that destroy there last ones as it's not a logical money making step they release cards that are 10 to 15 percent better than the last generation to milk the money and get 2 sets of cards out of it making more money

The same as Intel do with there prossers

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

hes not asking about 100hz 1440p nor is he asking about dsr 8k

If I were him I'd be going

x99 platform

5690x ( overclocking the first 4 cores high as possible)

3 x 980ti sli overclocked

Custom loop

Nvdia won't bring out cards that destroy there last ones as it's not a logical money making step they release cards that are 10 to 15 percent better than the last generation to milk the money and get 2 sets of cards out of it making more money

The same as Intel do with there prossers

What don't you undestand about my post? 

8K DSR looks better then 4K on the same 4K monitor. Please try it yourself now in Witcher 3 and also tell us what your framerate with two 980Ti's is.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

There's no doubt that it looks better my frames are in the high 20,s

But pascal won't enable use to play at 8k

The cards coming probly won't be enough for 4k ultra apart from maby the new Titan at a geuss so no way will people be playing 8k

8k is 4 x4k resolution no way are next gen cards pushing that and probly not the cards after

also (1600) 

There's no doubt that it looks better my frames are in the high 20,s

But pascal won't enable use to play at 8k

The cards coming probly won't be enough for 4k ultra apart from maby the new Titan at a geuss so no way will people be playing 8k

8k is 4 x4k resolution no way are next gen cards pushing that and probly not the cards after

I play a lot of older games at 5K and 8K all the time with no problems. It's the memory and vram that is the bottleneck not the chip. So yeah two Pascal cards will be able to play games at 8K with decent framerates, not locked 60FPS but good enough to play. And they will have Displayport 1.3 so only 1 cable required.

QjtVmqx.jpg

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I play a lot of older games at 5K and 8K all the time with no problems. It's the memory and vram that is the bottleneck not the chip. So yeah two Pascal cards will be able to play games at 8K with decent framerates, not locked 60FPS but good enough to play. And they will have Displayport 1.3 so only 1 cable required.

QjtVmqx.jpg

Il eat my hat if pascal Titans run witcher 3 maxed out at 8k

also (1600) 

Il eat my hat if pascal Titans run witcher 3 maxed out at 8k

Please stop with the locked 60FPS circlejerk already. 30-40FPS on a G-SYNC monitor for a third person game is more then enough.

Also watch this, locked 60FPS at 8K in Vanilla Skyrim.

DPckAGv.jpg

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Please stop with the locked 60FPS circlejerk already. Also watch this, locked 60FPS at 8K in Vanilla Skyrim.

DPckAGv.jpg

i didn't say locked 60

The cards need to be 2x as powerful to push anything decent at 8k in new games lol not skyrim

also (1600) 

i didn't say locked 60

The cards need to be 2x as powerful to push anything decent at 8k in new games lol not skyrim

Ye but why is my ~40FPS in Witcher 3 not playable?

Also, it's a worst case scenario, because I have a old cpu/motherboard which is maybe 5FPS less. In games like Battlefield and GTA V which are CPU heavy I'm really bottlenecked.

I'd take medium-high settings on a 4K/8K display any day over highest settings on a 1080P/4K display.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

QjtVmqx.jpg

Static images without even an FPS counter don't actually show anything.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Ye but why is my ~40FPS in Witcher 3 not playable?

Also, it's a worst case scenario, because I have a old cpu/motherboard which is maybe 5FPS less. In games like Battlefield and GTA V which are CPU heavy I'm really bottlenecked.

I'd take medium-high settings on a 4K/8K display any day over highest settings on a 1080P/4K display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDo-j00vUtw

We're talking about 2 different things here

The ultimate 4k gaming machine is not dsr 8k

And ultimate gaming machine will be 4k ultra 60fps which u are not

Pascal cards running 8k will be doing something revolutionary if they push 8k dsr

I no u showed skyrim at 8k but let's be honest that wasn't hard to max when it came out was it ?

If 2 980tis can't max out 4k witcher3 then what chance has pascal got of maxing 8k with 40 fps on witcher3

Pascal cards would have to be stupidly powerful to do that and as I said before nvdia release there cards with small increases over there last ones

Also Hbm still doesn't hold its worth as the amd fury x hasn't been a game changer

There's just no way that pascal is going to blow current cards out of the water

The same as skylark hasn't blown hasswell away

Does anyone else think pascal is going to run 8k ultra preset 40 fps ?

I may make a whole tread for this just for you

also (1600) 

We're talking about 2 different things here

The ultimate 4k gaming machine is not dsr 8k

And ultimate gaming machine will be 4k ultra 60fps which u are not

Pascal cards running 8k will be doing something revolutionary if they push 8k dsr

I no u showed skyrim at 8k but let's be honest that wasn't hard to max when it came out was it ?

If 2 980tis can't max out 4k witcher3 then what chance has pascal got of maxing 8k with 40 fps on witcher3

Pascal cards would have to be stupidly powerful to do that and as I said before nvdia release there cards with small increases over there last ones

Also Hbm still doesn't hold its worth as the amd fury x hasn't been a game changer

There's just no way that pascal is going to blow current cards out of the water

The same as skylark hasn't blown hasswell away

Does anyone else think pascal is going to run 8k ultra preset 40 fps ?

I may make a whole tread for this just for you

Lol, the funny thing is that with my GTX 650ti OC 2GB I can max out Skyrim-with ENB realvision-at 1080p 60FPS, and when it comes to my GTX 970....well it is quite happy at 4K DSR.

PMSL

Lol, the funny thing is that with my GTX 650ti OC 2GB I can max out Skyrim-with ENB realvision-at 1080p 60FPS, and when it comes to my GTX 970....well it is quite happy at 4K DSR.

Iv made a new thread in gpu section called 8k pascal if u care to join

also (1600) 

Iv made a new thread in gpu section called 8k pascal if u care to join

Damn dude, you really like to circlejerk, do you?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Damn dude, you really like to circlejerk, do you?

Well you are being an idiot and/or lying so.....

PMSL

• 4 weeks later...

Titan X's don't really have that half gamer, half workstation card situation anymore due to the Titan X not having double floating point precision like the original Titan.

The latest Quadro GPUs don't have that FP64 (Double-precision) anymore. I have no clue as to what was Nvidia's reasoning behind removing FP64 performance on both the Titan GPUs and the Quadro GPUs. It's now the Tesla GPU Accelerator cards that has that FP64 performance.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440