Let's Put This to Rest: Build Über 4K PC NOW OR WAIT for Pascal / Arcitc Island DIRECT X12 vs MANTLE?

The thing is that waiting till 2016 is thinking of it was worth the wait. If you buy now with X99 and two 980 Tis/ Fury Xs, and all of a sudden Skylake-E and Zen plus Pascal/Arctic Islands completely kicks the ass of any rig from 2015, you can't help but feel that you should have waited. Same goes if you waited and the new tech doesn't rally improve. I would really just wait. At least it's going to be faster either way. If you need it ASAP and you're going to get fired, go get X99 and Maxwell/Fiji.

THANK YOU, I've learned that people who tell you to buy now, already have what they want and aren't anticipating the new tech, people who tell you to wait don't have what they want and are anticipating the new tech. I don't even have a desktop so I'd be retarded to buy a Titan x today and in April, pascal comes out with 16gb of VRAM and dx12 integrated.

THANK YOU, I've learned that people who tell you to buy now, already have what they want and aren't anticipating the new tech, people who tell you to wait don't have what they want and are anticipating the new tech. I don't even have a desktop so I'd be retarded to buy a Titan x today and in April, pascal comes out with 16gb of VRAM and dx12 integrated.

I can almost guarantee that the 1080/whatever won't have 16gb of VRAM, nor would it need that much. My guess is it will be 8GB at best. 

Source: The fact that Nvidia would be hurting themselves in the long run (incremental updates > massive updates in terms of profits).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I can almost guarantee that the 1080/whatever won't have 16gb of VRAM, nor would it need that much. My guess is it will be 8GB at best. 

Source: The fact that Nvidia would be hurting themselves in the long run (incremental updates > massive updates in terms of profits).

ive heard the same thing, corporations buy $100,000s from Nvidia, Nvidia coming out with a GPU that makes theirs obsolete will discourage future purchases. Cure for cancer would costs insurance companies and hospitals and doctors and nurses 10,000,000,000s

ive heard the same thing, corporations buy $100,000s from Nvidia, Nvidia coming out with a GPU that makes theirs obsolete will discourage future purchases. Cure for cancer would costs insurance companies and hospitals and doctors and nurses 10,000,000,000s

Well, that and also, Nvidia could release something amazing now, or, they can release half of that amazing thing now and then the other half the following generation. Thus, they've now sold two generation worth of technology with the RnD costs of just one generation. Think about Intel, you honestly have to be naive to believe they're only improving performance by such tiny margins with the amount of money they're spending on development. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I'm looking into buying a much more modest setup myself but after much research I would say wait. With Asynchronous shading coming into play and nvidia most likely bringing out a new line of gpus to stay up to speed with dx12 and also gsync and freesync becoming more available and cheaper for your monitor. Currently only top of the line monitors offering this and I think its well worth it. I think there will be some nice components/products just on the horizon that will probably spend your money better than say the last year has considering these technologies are pretty new.

Well... that is the issue there. If you are going to throw few thousands $ on PC do you really not want to play everything maxed out?

4,000 posts gratz!

no u don't

Msi 980Ti in 4 year old rig, bam 4K 60FPS setup.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Well... that is the issue there. If you are going to throw few thousands $ on PC do you really not want to play everything maxed out?

You don't need to spend a few thousand $ to play games in 4K.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

You don't need to spend a few thousand $ to play games in 4K.

Yes, you don't need to if your playing at low detail settings.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yes, you don't need to if your playing at low detail settings.

I don't play games at low details...

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I don't play games at low details...

I don't actually know if you do or not as your rig seems to consist of just a GTX 980ti.

PMSL

Msi 980Ti in 4 year old rig, bam 4K 60FPS setup.

its not a ultra 4k system is it

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

I don't actually know if you do or not as your rig seems to consist of just a GTX 980ti.

i5 760 and GTS 450 build that costed me 600€ back in 2011?

its not a ultra 4k system is it

4c7KWYE.jpg

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

i5 760 and GTS 450 build that costed me 600€ back in 2011?

4c7KWYE.jpg

I have 980ti sli and I struggle to run witcher 3 maxed out at 4k

I'm playing it right now so I no u can't with one 980ti

With no aa or hair works and shadows down and even I drop from 60

Just because u can get the game to open in 4k doesn't mean it's playable

also (1600) 

Because you like to ciclejerk and have everything on like HairWorks. Everything is maxed out, hairworks off and foliage to medium.

And "Maxed Out" means playing at 8K DSR locked 60FPS with HairWorks on.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Because you like to ciclejerk and have everything on like HairWorks, everything is maxed out, hairworks off and foliage to medium.

Bullshit. A single GTX 980ti can't play any modern game 8K DSR.

PMSL

With no aa or hair works and shadows down and even I drop from 60

Just because u can get the game to open in 4k doesn't mean it's playable

Because you like to ciclejerk and have everything on like HairWorks, everything is maxed out, hairworks off and foliage to medium.

Not that I like quoting my self but I did say that I don't play maxed setting so I no u don't with one 980ti

also (1600) 

Not that I like quoting my self but I did say that I don't play maxed setting so I no u don't with one 980ti

Maxed out, means playing the game in the best possible graphical settings.

Therefor, even if you have every single setting maxed out, you need to set your resolution to 7680x4320. I get ~10FPS at 8K.

Next year, thanks to HBM V2 we will be able to play games in 8K at a reasonable framerate +40FPS with two cards. The VRAM and memory speed is the bottleneck, not the chip, because you can play older games with low-res textures at 8K 60FPS.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Maxed out, means playing the game in the best possible graphical settings.

Therefor, even if you have every single setting maxed out, you need to set your resolution to 7680x4320. I get ~10FPS at 8K.

Next year, thanks to HBM V2 we will be able to play games in 8K at a reasonable framerate +40FPS with two cards.

I was stating that he couldn't play witcher 3 at 4k with one 980ti maxed at 4k because I can't do it with 2

also (1600) 

I was stating that he couldn't play witcher 3 at 4k with one 980ti maxed at 4k because I can't do it with 2

4K Maxed Out:

91ONj3D.jpg

Proof (look at framerate in this picture)

nweyBUl.jpg

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

4K Maxed Out:

91ONj3D.jpg

Proof (look at framerate in this picture)

nweyBUl.jpg

Frame rate is 41 why you are stood still

It's not a true 4k experience

The guys post was asking about spending 4 grand on a serious PC

And a old i5 and one 980ti won't cut it

also (1600) 

Frame rate is 41 why you are stood still

It's not a true 4k experience

The guys post was asking about spending 4 grand on a serious PC

And a old i5 and one 980ti won't cut it

You are telling me that 41FPS is unplayable in Witcher 3 to a guy that has used 144hz screens for over 2 years? Lmao.

40FPS with G-SYC is as smooth as 60FPS. Anyways, I play it at glorious 1440P +80FPS

4K 60hz is NOT the ultimate gaming experience, it's 1440P 144hz (or 3440x1440 100hz when the Asus monitor comes out)

aTVcliK.jpg

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

You are telling me that 41FPS is unplayable in Witcher 3 to a guy that has used 144hz screens for over 2 years? Lmao.

40FPS with G-SYC is as smooth as 60FPS. Anyways, I play it at glorious 1440P +80FPS

4K 60hz is NOT the ultimate gaming experience, it's 1440P 144hz (or 3440x1440 100hz when the Asus monitor comes out)

aTVcliK.jpg

Dang straight I'm telling you

We're not on about 1440p

And 41 fps at 4k ain't doin the job

U can't recommend one 980ti

For the guy who posted this

I don't care if ur happy with 41 fps

The guy wants a ultimate 4k machine

also (1600) 

Dang straight I'm telling you

We're not on about 1440p

And 41 fps at 4k ain't doin the job

U can't recommend one 980ti

For the guy who posted this

I don't care if ur happy with 41 fps

The guy wants a ultimate 4k machine

Then he can wait another year, because not even 4X Titan X at 1500Mhz can push out locked 60FPS at 8K.

I also had the acer cb280hk 4k and returned it few days ago because it was shit, 1440P 144hz + 4K TV is best combo (49 inch 4K tv is ~650€ and 549$ on Amazon)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU