Lenovo launches a smattering of new products from huge phones to AIOs and even a mechanical keyboards

CtW

jos has already covered a few of the products that lenovo has announced here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/442413-lenovo-skylake-laptops-with-a-surface-pro-competitor/ I'm going to cover the rest of Lenovo's announcements. 

Lenovo used IFA Berlin on Wednesday to unleash a flood of new PCs headed your way between October and January. You'll see major refreshes from Lenovo’s biggest brands including ThinkPad Yoga, ThinkCentre, ideacentre, ideapad, ideapad MIIX.

There is A LOT of stuff to cover here so this is a going to be a pretty massive post

Sauce: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2978260/computers/lenovo-debuts-a-dozen-pcs-with-skylake-from-thinkcentre-tiny-to-huge-aios.html

Ideacentre AIO 700 offers RealSense option

Lenovo’s new Ideacentre all-in-one 700 desktops come in 24- and 27-inch Windows 10 variants and will have up to Skylake Core i7 processors. The 24-inch AIO 700 has a 4K 3840-by-2160 resolution, 10-point multitouch display, and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 950A. The 27-inch version comes offers 4K or 1080p resolution options, the same discrete GPU, and an optional RealSense Camera. 

Both AIOs can take up to 8GB DDR4 RAM, up to a 2TB hybrid drive with 7200rpm on the larger HDD side, or a 192GB SSD. 

lenovo_ideacentre_aio_700_3-100611656-la

New ThinkCentre M series come in all sizes

Of the new ThinkCentre M series desktops coming out for small and medium-sized businesses, Lenovo is particularly proud of the M900 Tiny, which the company says is designed to be the “most powerful desktop per cubic inch.”

lenovo_thinkcentre_tiny_pencil-100611848LENOVO

Lenovo boasts the ThinkCenter Tiny now with Skylake, has the most processing power per square inch of any PC.

It measures 1.36 inches wide, by 7.2 inches in diameter, and 7.05 inches high. The M900 Tiny comes with up to 35W versions of Skylake processors, a maximum 32GB RAM, support for up to three displays from the device’s integrated Intel HD graphics. It also has a dust shield that Lenovo says reduces PC-choking dust by up to 37 percent over the PC’s three-year lifecycle. 

The ThinkCentre M Tiny desktops will also have M700 and M600 variants. The M600 comes with an Intel Pentium processor and a maximum 8GB RAM.

lenovo_m900z_touch_win10-100611847-largeLENOVO

The 23.8-inch Thinkcentre M900z Touch offers a choice of HDD, SSHD, or SSD storage drives.

Lenovo will also release an M900z AIO, M900 tower, and M900 small form factor. The tower and small form factor rock 65W skylake processors, and up to 64GB RAM. They have Intel integrated graphics again, but can support up to seven independent displays if you opt to slap a graphics card in either version’s empty PCIe x16 slot.

The M900z AIO also takes up to a Skylake Core i7, can take up to 32GB RAM, up to 12TB with a dual HDD set-up. The display is a 23-inch 1080p with 10-point multitouch.

The M900 Tiny desktop rolls out before the end of 2015 starting at $750, while the M700 and M600 Tiny PCs will start at $500 and $400 respectively.

The M900z comes in November starting at $930, and the M900 Tower and small form factor builds will arrive before the end of the year at $800 and $780 respectively.

Sauce 2: http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/2/9243305/lenovo-yoga-tab-3-tablets-announced

Last year, Lenovo and Ashton Kutcher "collaborated" on the Yoga Tablet 2 Pro, an Android tablet with a built-in video projector. Does the world truly need such a thing? Apparently so, because for 2015, the company has returned with the Yoga Tab 3 and $499 Yoga Tab 3 Pro. (Kutcher apparently didn't play any hand in these products.) The high-end Yoga Tab 3 Pro is a bit smaller than last year's model; its screen is now 10 inches as opposed to 13, which leads to a higher pixel density on its QHD display. And yes, it's very very sharp to my eyes.

Lenovo says improvements have also been made to the projector inside, which has gotten brighter and can now beam out a 70-inch picture — and you can point it at either the wall or your ceiling this time. Sound quality is also a major focus, as the Yoga 3 Tab Pro has four front-facing speakers and what Lenovo describes as "virtualized Dolby Atmos" for an experience the company says can replicate surround sound. Such claims rarely pan out, but if you need to throw on a Netflix movie for a small room or restless kids (like say, when Netflix gets first dibs on Disney films next year), it might work out just fine.

lenovo11_2040.0.jpg

lenovo1_2040.0.jpg

lenovo7_2040.0.jpg

Sauce 3: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150902005285/en/Lenovo-Series-Gamers-Choice#.VedQHPnBzRY

Sauce 4: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9586/lenovo-launches-ideapad-y700-touch-gaming-laptop-y700-and-y900-gaming-desktops-and-accessories

BERLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Lenovo (HKSE: 0992)(PINK SHEETS: LNVGY) today announced the company’s trio of new premium PCs and accessories designed exclusively for gamers: the Lenovo™ ideacentre™ Y900 and Y700 desktops and ideapad™ Y700 laptop with Windows® 10.

Gaming_Photography_v04_0008_UPDATE.jpg?d

The Lenovo ideapad Y700 Touch is a 15.6-inch gaming laptop powered by Intel’s 6th generation Skylake processors. The laptop features a 1920x1080 display, or you can outfit it with a 3840x2160 offering. The GPU is a NVIDIA GTX 960M which is not unexpected at the starting price of $799. You can get up to 512 GB of SSD or up to 1 TB of HDD or SSHD storage. The battery life is likely going to be not fantastic with just a 60 Wh battery, but gaming laptops are never known for great battery life. Intel outfits the Y700 Touch with a red backlit keyboard, and stereo JBL speakers with a 3 watt subwoofer. There will also be an ideapad Y700 without touch, and this will be available in both 15.6-inch models similar to the touch model, and a 17.3-inch version with a 1920x1080 display as the only offering. The 15.6-inch non-touch model will also be available with the Intel RealSense 3D camera system for Windows Hello support

8d5475363db9232a10c8e2fc5c894569.png

Lenovo is also rolling out some new gaming desktops. The ideacenter Y700 comes with a 65 watt Core i7 processor and a NVIDIA GTX 970 GPU. You can outfit the desktop with up to 32 GB of DDR4 memory, and it comes with up to 256 GB SSD storage and up to 2 TB of SSHD. As a desktop, there are more expansion bays as well with 4 x 3.5-inch or 2.5-inch bays, and all of this is powered by a 450 watt PSU. The Y900 offering bumps the CPU up to the Skylake-K series with a 95 watt TDP, and the GPU gets bumped to the GTX 980. Memory is once again DDR4 but with up to 64 GB available. The PSU is also bumped to a 625 watt unit. The 34 liter cases are styled in the same motif as the Y gaming laptops, and the Y900 is shown with a side panel window.

4606420af97fc578e12b029638e4c01c.png

Lenovo%20Y%20Gaming%20Mouse%20Mat_02_575Lenovo%20Y%20Gaming%20Mechanical%20SwitcLenovo%20Y%20gaming%20surround%20sound%2Lenovo%20Y%20Gaming%20Active%20Backpack%

New Lenovo™ Y Series Accessories

Lenovo has also created five custom accessories to boost the gaming experience:

Lenovo™ Y Gaming Surround Sound Headset: Includes 7.1 virtual surround sound, quick mute and in-line volume adjustment control box and a detachable passive, noise-cancelling microphone. The ergonomic design allows the ear cups to be both foldable and adjustable.

Lenovo™ Y Gaming Precision Mouse: Features precise, adjustable speeds, eight programmable buttons, four levels of adjustable DPI, five levels of adjustable weight and an ergonomic design made for intense gaming sessions.

Lenovo™ Y Gaming Mechanical Switch Keyboard: Includes backlight anti-ghosting mechanical switch key matrix, six customizable keys for macro recording, five adjustable levels of brightness and a default key for controlling the Lenovo Y Gaming Surround Sound Headset and a detachable palm rest.

Lenovo™ Y Gaming Backpack: Fits up to a 17.3-inch laptop, includes padded pockets, a protective hard shell compartment and a chest strap for extra carrying support.

Lenovo™ Y Gaming Mouse Mat: High reliability and waterproof.

Price and Availability*

All Lenovo products are available on www.lenovo.com

Lenovo™ ideacentre™ Y900 and Y700: starts at US $1599 and US $999 respectively, available in November 2015

Lenovo™ ideapad™ Y700: starts at US $949, available in October 2015

Lenovo™ Y Gaming Surround Sound Headset: US $69.99, available in September 2015

Lenovo™ Y Gaming Precision Mouse: US $69.99, available in September 2015

Lenovo™ Y Gaming Mechanical Switch Keyboard: US $139.99, available in September 2015

Lenovo™ Y Gaming Backpack: US $99.99, available in September 2015

Lenovo™ Y Gaming Mouse Mat: US $9.99, available in September 2015

Sauce 5: http://mashable.com/2015/09/02/lenovo-phab-plus/

Think the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus and 5.7-inch Galaxy Note 5 are huge phablets? They're tiny compared to Lenovo's two new giant phones.

Lenovo announced on Wednesday two of the biggest smartphones we've ever seen, bigger than Samsung's Galaxy Mega: the 6.8-inch Phab Plus and 6.98-inch Phab. The $299 metallic Phab Plus is the smaller phone of the two and has a 1,920 x 1,080 (full HD) IPS display with a 326 ppi. It's a decent panel when viewed indoors and it's size is great for watching videos and movies, but I've seen better screens that are both higher resolution and brighter.
lenovo-phab-plus.jpg
Specs are pretty midrange: The Phab Plus has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor, 2GB of RAM and a 3,500 milliamp-hour (mAh) battery. You would think a phone with such epic proportions would have a bigger battery, but no. And yes, it's a 4G LTE phone with dual nano-SIM cards.

The Phab Plus has a 13-megapixel camera on the back with dual-LED flash and a 5-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.

So how exactly does it feel to handle such a big phone? It feels so silly. It's virtually impossible to use with one hand and it definitely won't fit into your pants unless you're bringing JNCO jeans back.
lenovo-50.jpg
lenovo-43.jpg
To make it easier to use with one hand, Lenovo's added a bunch of features like double-tapping the screen to turn it on, shaking it to lock it, and long-pressing anywhere on the screen to snap a photo. They all work, but they're gimmicky as hell, is all I'm saying.

The huge phone will be available in three colors: Gunmetal Gray, Titanium Silver and Champagne Gold.
lenovo-45.jpg
The author's 4.7" iPhone 6 is dwarfed by the massive 7"  phone

Shoppers with a lower budget should consider the cheaper $179 Phab. It's got a bigger 6.98-inch screen, but the resolution is lower: 1,280 x 720 (HD). The screen's a lot less sharp and text looks pretty bad (by today's pixel-dense display standards), but what are you gonna do for a device that's under $200?

It's got an octa-core processor and 1GB of RAM. Not exactly specs to write home about, but more than enough for casual usage like watching videos, browsing the web and tweeting. Battery life is beefier than the Phab Plus, too: 4,250 mAh.

The Phab's also customizable. The back cover pops off and you can swap it with your choice of Tuxedo Black, Polar White, Aqua Blue and Cherry Red covers.

The article also mentions the new non-pro Yoga tablets

As far as real tablets go, Lenovo's got three new ones: An 8-inch Yoga Tab 3, 10-inch Yoga Tab 3 and a 10-inch Yoga Tab Pro.

Both the 8-inch and 10-inch Yoga Tab 3 have HD displays, front-facing speakers with Dolby Atmos audio and 180-degree rotating cameras. The 8-inch will be available on Oct. 1 for $169 and the 10-inch on Nov. 1 for $199.

lenovo-15.jpg

To round of this deluge of Lenovo news Cnet has covered all of this and more in a few videos which are linked in the spoiler below

TL;DR: Lenovo put out a metric fuck ton of awesome products and 2 shit phones,

What do I think of all of this? Well it certainly seems like Lenovo has come to IFA with an extremely strong lineup of products, that is, if you leave out the Phab and Phab plus which honestly seem like a joke as they are considering them phones, rather than low end tablets. I'm interested in seeing what kind of switches the keyboard is using (i assume they will be reds or browns, but itdk) and glad that lenovo has really taken gaming products seriously with this new lineup as judging by the prices, the desktops actually seem to be half decent values for the money and even look good. As far as the rest of the stuff is concerned, I don't really have an opinion as I'm not up to date on pricing for all in ones and laptops, but everything seems to be pretty good!

Only up to 8GB of DDR4 on the AIOs? That's shameful.

Sig under construction.

Loving that thinkpad m series, too bad i don't trust any product from them after there multiple back door, malware bs they pulled.

Only up to 8GB of DDR4 on the AIOs? That's shameful.

I'd imagine the RAM is user upgadable, but yeah that's pretty bad. Idk how I didn't catch that while writing the post.

those phones are not for the US market-before anyone says they are not powerful enough. they do stand out. theres nothing in that price range thats that large. most budget android phones are tiny

That keyboard screams cheapo gamer plastic to me....

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

That keyboard screams cheapo gamer plastic to me....

most of lenovo's products are really well built so i'd assume that that is true for the keyboard as well as the rest of lenovo's peripherals and accessories.