G502 vs G402 for CSGO

lightning247S

Both the mice are within one dollar on amazon however which one is better for CSGO?

It depends on the size of your hand, but the G502 is a better mouse. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I'd go for G502.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I'd go for a Razer Deathadder instead tbh, much more comfortable.

But out of those two, the G502.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Razer quality is so bad

For their headphones, aye. But the Razer Deathadder is a quality mouse. As long as you stick to the legacy drivers, because the Razer Synapse software sucks.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

For their headphones, aye. But the Razer Deathadder is a quality mouse. As long as you stick to the legacy drivers, because the Razer Synapse software sucks.

The older Deathadders (pre and including the 2013 Deathadder) are good, the new ones are trash. Pretty much everything Razer has made post 2013 has been cheap (expensive) crap. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It depends on the size of your hand, but the G502 is a better mouse. 

I'd go for G502.

Razer quality is so bad

Sadly this is true from my experience. Everything I have owned from them stops working after a year or 2.

G502 IS MY BAE!!!!111!!!1!!!11!!1!1

I will +1 the G502 it's just such a great mouse. I'm going to buy another one for my Laptop even though I use the Mx Master for it.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

The older Deathadders (pre and including the 2013 Deathadder) are good, the new ones are trash. Pretty much everything Razer has made post 2013 has been cheap (expensive) crap. 

the Chroma model is meant to be quite good

I heard that the G402 is made more for FPS than the G502, is this true?

Yes, the G502 is designed for all games in general. However, it works better generally in FPS games than the G402, so if you can afford it, get it.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Yes, the G502 is designed for all games in general. However, it works better generally in FPS games than the G402, so if you can afford it, get it.

Who said the G502 was generally flat out better than the G402 for fps gaming?

Considering that the G402 weights much less than the G502 makes a huge difference in swipes compared to the G502. I mean there is probably a good reason why most of the CS GO pro players prefer to use lighter mouse than the heavy mouse. Even Get_Right switched to the G402 this year in ESL cologne from the SS rival. G502 may have 11 buttons and the most advance sensor on the market. Doesnt mean that the G402 is flat out worse than the G502 because it doesnt have a PMW3366. AM010 + fusion engine is flawless and accurate.

Edit: If you look at the TSM and Cloud9 teams sponsored by logitech. Most of them use G303, G402, and the G100S (N0thing). People have been saying that N0thing has a G303 PCB in his G100S. Heavy vs Light is a big difference and I dont think people understand that for CS GO.

In my opinion, I would of went for the G402 or even went with a Zowie mice/Finalmouse. Once you play with a mouse under 100G you will never want to go back.

Neither honestly. Yes they are both great mice, but there are better on the market with better sensors. If you're wanting to spend that much on a mouse, I'd go for something from Zowie when it comes to playing CS:GO. They make completely plug and play mice that don't need any drivers, nor do they have any gimmicks that may get in the way of pure performance, plus the build quality is just as good, if not better than the Logitech G402 that I owned, which died after nine months of use. 

Go for the Zowie EC1-A/EC2-A depending on your hand size. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Who said the G502 was generally flat out better than the G402 for fps gaming?

Considering that the G402 weights much less than the G502 makes a huge difference in swipes compared to the G502. I mean there is probably a good reason why most of the CS GO pro players prefer to use lighter mouse than the heavy mouse. Even Get_Right switched to the G402 this year in ESL cologne from the SS rival. G502 may have 11 buttons and the most advance sensor on the market. Doesnt mean that the G402 is flat out worse than the G502 because it doesnt have a PMW3366. AM010 + fusion engine is flawless and accurate.

Edit: If you look at the TSM and Cloud9 teams sponsored by logitech. Most of them use G303, G402, and the G100S (N0thing). People have been saying that N0thing has a G303 PCB in his G100S. Heavy vs Light is a big difference and I dont think people understand that for CS GO.

In my opinion, I would of went for the G402 or even went with a Zowie mice/Finalmouse. Once you play with a mouse under 100G you will never want to go back.

I would say that the G502 would be a better option in shooters like Battlefield, where you move around a lot more around the map. In CS I use the G402, it's far from the best mouse for CS GO though.

I would say that the G502 would be a better option in shooters like Battlefield, where you move around a lot more around the map. In CS I use the G402, it's far from the best mouse for CS GO though.

I don't really get your arguement over the whole "Where you move around the map more" but whatever. It's not a good reason to say that G502 is better designed because it somehow enhances your movement in battlefield.. I could understand your idea of the G502 being a good mouse for general use and mmo/moba games. If were talking about CS GO specifically and fps games in general. The use of low dpi/senstivity with light weight mouse is generally better in most situations.

Havent owned G402, but i love my G502.

My previous mouse was Deathadder 2012 and G502 is better in every way.

My CS:GO rank is Master Guardian Elite

I also play BF4 and LoL. Love the mouse.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

502 gets my vote

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

I had two different gen RAzer Imperator and both stopped recognizing any mouse movement after 1 1/2 years :/

I don't really get your arguement over the whole "Where you move around the map more" but whatever. It's not a good reason to say that G502 is better designed because it somehow enhances your movement in battlefield.. I could understand your idea of the G502 being a good mouse for general use and mmo/moba games. If were talking about CS GO specifically and fps games in general. The use of low dpi/senstivity with light weight mouse is generally better in most situations.

Well, the G502 is heavier than the G402, which will mean it's not as good for low sensitivity as the G402.

Well, the G502 is heavier than the G402, which will mean it's not as good for low sensitivity as the G402.

Depends on preference there. I do like medium weighted mice, but I used to love very heavy ones and I use a very low DPI and sensitivity in game for CS:GO. :) 

I only use lighter mice now because my favourite mouse is that weight. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Depends on preference there. I do like medium weighted mice, but I used to love very heavy ones and I use a very low DPI and sensitivity in game for CS:GO. :)

I only use lighter mice now because my favourite mouse is that weight. 

Majority of CS GO players would probably like light weight mouse compared to a heavy mouse. The god almighty intellmouse used to weigh around 70grams and were extremely popular back then. The finalmouse (74g) is getting even more popular due to the weight and the amazing sensor performance.

Ergonmics defintely come first before weight in selecting a mouse. I've personally noticed a huge difference in performance switching from 109-100g(G400s,G402,Deathadder,SS Rival) mice to 87-90g(FK1,G303) mice in the past. My main driver is the G303 currently.

Edit: My opinion on the G502 use in CS GO is that its optmial but there are always better options. To the OP

Don't listen to the people who say

use this X mouse because I'm this Y rank

Majority of CS GO players would probably like light weight mouse compared to a heavy mouse. The god almighty intellmouse used to weigh around 70grams and were extremely popular back then. The finalmouse (74g) is getting even more popular due to the weight and the amazing sensor performance.

Ergonmics defintely come first before weight in selecting a mouse. I've personally noticed a huge difference in performance switching from 109-100g(G400s,G402,Deathadder,SS Rival) mice to 87-90g(FK1,G303) mice in the past. My main driver is the G303 currently.

Edit: My opinion on the G502 use in CS GO is that its optmial but there are always better options. To the OP

Don't listen to the people who say

use this X mouse because I'm this Y rank

I'm not listening to people who say that and I never will, don't worry. I have my mouse and it's the Zowie EC1-A. It's heavy enough for me to enjoy the weight and it's the perfect shape when it comes down to ergonomics. Plus, I'm not listening to someone just because of their rank, mainly because it's lower than mine. ;) 

I'm not listening to people who say that and I never will, don't worry. I have my mouse and it's the Zowie EC1-A. It's heavy enough for me to enjoy the weight and it's the perfect shape when it comes down to ergonomics. Plus, I'm not listening to someone just because of their rank, mainly because it's lower than mine. ;)

I know you wont. I'm telling OP