Panasonic 4K OLED TV - The best TV [More videos added]

jos

PanasonicTX-65CZ950_Lifestyle.jpg

4K/UHD-resolution TX-65CZ950. This boasts a curved 65-inch screen. The processing part of the equation comes courtesy of Panasonic’s 4K Pro technology, which applies techniques (such as advanced gradation controls and 3D colour lookup tables for red, green, blue, cyan, magenta and yellow) previously only available on professional-grade monitors to deliver a level of control over each individual pixel that previous OLEDs have not being able to muster.

Included within the 65CZ950’s movie-friendly processing features is support for the new high dynamic range (HDR) technology that’s now looking set to become a major feature of next-generation picture quality.

Panasonic has had the 65CZ950’s colours tuned by renowned Hollywood colourist Mike Sowa.

Sowa, whose movie credits include Oblivion and Insurgent, says of his involvement with the 65CZ950: “Panasonic is proving their commitment to excellence by engineering their newest 4K Pro TV to satisfy my professional standard of zero compromise. My world of visual storytelling is based around colour accuracy and the need for a display that compliments the creative vision. Panasonic has engineered their newest 4K Pro OLED TV to a standard that I would only expect in professional displays.”

The 65CZ950’s picture quality has also been certified by independent quality assurance group THX, making it the first 4K OLED TV to achieve this certification. Eric Gemmer, THX’s Director of Imaging Technologies, says this of THX’s experience with the 65CZ950: “OLED is a very promising display technology but getting an accurate picture from an OLED TV is quite challenging. THX put the CZ950 through over 400 laboratory tests working with Panasonic engineers to make certain each pixel’s performance is accurate to the source content. The result is a television capable of creating bright objects with excellent white uniformity that delivers native 4K and up-converted HD images with the contrast and clarity previously reserved for professional monitors.”

New Videos/
/New Videos

Was waiting to see an OLED with HDR.. Atleast i can see a demo.. I do not think i will be able to afford ..

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2015/09/02/panasonic-goes-oled-new-65-inch-4k-tv-unveiled/

When OLED drops under a grand let me know :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Argh why do they never say the price?! Don't they know it's one of the most important things?! I Know majority won't be able to afford it but it's still nice and important to know imo.

Argh why do they never say the price?! Don't they know it's one of the most important things?! I Know majority won't be able to afford it but it's still nice and important to know imo.

to prevent you from turning to stone

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

The return to Panasonic leading the image quality race? (Aside from the now defunct Pioneer Kuros).

just imagine the price. it won`t lead anything.

just imagine the price. it won`t lead anything.

Products like these are made to show where the industry is heading and what consumers can expect down the line imo. Quantum Dot is currently the stop gap until OLED becomes cheaper which it eventually will.

Now when will I see OLED monitors?

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

unles the tv runs android tv and not some shitty software im not interested 

I feel webos2.0 with magic remote is the best experience. better than android TV... For TV it has to be more about the experience..

It is priced at 7500£

It's probably running firefox OS, which I've got on my new TV (also a panasonic 4K TV) and it's actually rahter nice and smooth, easy to understand, although it doesn't have many apps compared to android TV, which you'll need to look to sony for at the minute really.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

It's probably running firefox OS, which I've got on my new TV (also a panasonic 4K TV) and it's actually rahter nice and smooth, easy to understand, although it doesn't have many apps compared to android TV, which you'll need to look to sony for at the minute really.

i love sony xD

i want a cheap 1080p oled tv thats it

Absolutely! Can't wait for OLED to become more mainstream.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Just have to get a house first so I can put that TV somewhere, brb going to rob a few banks  :ph34r:

Something tells me that TV costs a lot more then my car.....

7500 GBP

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

then its cheap

$11,000 is hardly cheap.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

$11,000 is hardly cheap.

I remember my dad showing me an ad for a 32" plasma TV. They were asking for 19,999.99DM, which in today's world would pretty much equal 20,000.00€. That was about 15 years ago.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.