Star Wars Battlefront 3 beta

ADZ_123_!"£

It has just been revealed on the official StarWars Battlefront website that there will be a Beta coming in early October for both consoles and pc:

"Coming early October to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and on Origin for PC, the Star Wars Battlefront Beta* is a technical test and will feature Walker Assault on Hoth, a 40-player multiplayer battle featuring Rebels and the Empire. Walker Assault will also give you the chance to play as two of the most iconic characters in the Star Wars™ universe: Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. The Beta will also feature our Survival Mission on Tatooine, where you and a Rebel friend must fight back waves of Imperial forces. " 

It has also been reviled that they are creating a companion app to the game presumabley similar to the Battlelog app for battle field:

"As part of the Star Wars Battlefront Beta we are also happy to reveal the Star Wars Battlefront Companion experience. Available during the Beta at www.StarWarsBattlefront.com, the Star Wars Battlefront Companion experience features the strategic card game Base Command, and lets you earn in-game Credits that unlock Star Cards, weapons, and more in Star Wars Battlefront. In addition to Base Command, the Companion also lets Rebels and Imperials alike check game stats and progression, customize load-outs and appearance, connect with friends, and get notified when they’re playing Star Wars Battlefront – as well as gather intel on their stats and progression so you can see how you match up! The Star Wars Battlefront Companion will be available on web and in the Apple App Store™ and Google Play™ store prior to the release of Star Wars Battlefront on November 17."

featuredImage.img.jpg

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

really wish the beta was public

Battlefront 3. I cringe every time.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

It is.

so you don't have to buy the game to play it?

thats what I was told!

so you don't have to buy the game to play it?

thats what I was told!

Nope it says nothing about that on their site.

This is what it says:

"BETA PARTICIPATION REQUIRES AN INTERNET CONNECTION AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE BETA AGREEMENT. GAMEPLAY PROGRESS, ACHIEVEMENTS, CHARACTERS, CHARACTER DATA AND/OR ANY OTHER VALUE OR STATUS INDICATORS ACHIEVED THROUGH GAMEPLAY IN THE BETA WILL NOT TRANSFER TO STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT MAIN GAME ORSTAR WARS BATTLEFRONT COMPANION. BETA IS PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE, MAY CONTAIN ERRORS/DEFECTS AND IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY."

http://starwars.ea.com/en_AU/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-beta-announce-au

RTX2070OC 

I have mentioned this before in a previous thread, and I hope what little insight I have will help others when playing the game. 

I was able to playtest Battlefront at Comic-Con this year. My initial response to the game was unbound excitement.

The entire game is shaped to throw you into the SW universe from the start. The models, environment, sounds, BGM is all traditional SW as you know and love. I was able to play the PC multiplayer Walker Assault on Hoth mode, and the PlayStation co-op Survival mode.

I enjoyed every minute I spent playing the game in both modes. For reference I spent about 6 hours playing the beta DICE had available. This is split at about 4/2 for WAoH, and Survival respectively.

While the game was fun I did find a few problems which I hoped will be addressed as the game prepares for launch.

I am happy to answer any questions for those of you have them. I am at work so my response may be a little slow, but I should be able to get to all of them. 

I thought the alpha was a lot of fun, but was bare as fare as content goes. The mechanics felt good, and the audio soused as good as the movies.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

I honestly believe it will be crap. I hope I am wrong, but I really think it will be.

I don't like not having ADS (I don't care if it's not "realistic" to the universe, which it actually isn't)

I don't like not having a single player storyline.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I honestly believe it will be crap. I hope I am wrong, but I really think it will be.

I don't like not having ADS (I don't care if it's not "realistic" to the universe, which it actually isn't)

I thought ADS was reserved for the scout classes, like on the wookies in the older games. I could be wrong, but if not, its still a pretty great way of doing it. Takes me back to the good ol days.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I thought ADS was reserved for the scout classes, like on the wookies in the older games. I could be wrong, but if not, its still a pretty great way of doing it. Takes me back to the good ol days.

I prefer ADS for everything. I hate shooting from the hip unless it's CQC with laser sights or something.

ayy lmao

I gotta get in on this.

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

I have mentioned this before in a previous thread, and I hope what little insight I have will help others when playing the game. 

I was able to playtest Battlefront at Comic-Con this year. My initial response to the game was unbound excitement.

The entire game is shaped to throw you into the SW universe from the start. The models, environment, sounds, BGM is all traditional SW as you know and love. I was able to play the PC multiplayer Walker Assault on Hoth mode, and the PlayStation co-op Survival mode.

I enjoyed every minute I spent playing the game in both modes. For reference I spent about 6 hours playing the beta DICE had available. This is split at about 4/2 for WAoH, and Survival respectively.

While the game was fun I did find a few problems which I hoped will be addressed as the game prepares for launch.

I am happy to answer any questions for those of you have them. I am at work so my response may be a little slow, but I should be able to get to all of them. 

Can I play as the imperials on survival?

Rebel scum.

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

It has ADS on guns that have scopes and it still does a slight zoom animation on guns without one just not the full zoom style like Battlefield.(It's pretty much like in any 3rd person shooter which this game is first and foremost.)

And there is no storyline because it's a multiplayer shooter and Visceral is already working on a singleplayer based Star Wars game with ex Naughtydog and Ubisoft Montreal employees as the lead so it would've been a waste of resources.

And they're finally going back to a Bad Company based map design which means maps are designed with game modes in mind instead of slapping on 10 game modes on each map like they did in Battlefield 3/4.

I played the Ps4 version of the game at Gamescom last month I have no doubt that the game will be good.

RTX2070OC 

It has ADS on guns that have scopes and it still does a slight zoom animation on guns without one just not the full zoom style like Battlefield.(It's pretty much like in any 3rd person shooter which this game is first and foremost.)

And there is no storyline because it's a multiplayer shooter and Visceral is already working on a singleplayer based Star Wars game with ex Naughtydog and Ubisoft Montreal employees as the lead so it would've been a waste of resources.

And they're finally going back to a Bad Company based map design which means maps are designed with game modes in mind instead of slapping on 10 game modes on each map like they did in Battlefield 3/4.

ADS would still be nice still. There are iron sights on the guns in the star wars universe you know.

star-wars-a-new-hope-imperial-stormtroop

That thing on the front, above the barrel? That's a blade sight iron sight.

ADS would still be nice still. There are iron sights on the guns in the star wars universe you know.

It's to balance the game so people in don't use only first person.

They're making sure the aiming stays the same in 3rd and 1st person people are making a bigger deal out of it than it actually is.

It's not like they're going Counter Strike style it has still aiming:

https://youtu.be/43E0wPYZ3hQ?t=166

RTX2070OC 

Why fix what isn't broken? It sounds to me like its going to be exactly like it was back in the day. Scout classes get extended zoom's, the rest are designed around people zerging from the hip. I understand you want it, but many don't. I don't want ADS on all weapons. If i wanted to play an FPS game, i'd play an FPS. This style of game is much faster paced than Battlefield and CoD. It's part of its appeal.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Fantastic! I can't wait because I really enjoyed shooting some Imps in Hoth. :lol:

Fuck yeah. I can't wait. Now we will be able to see if it's shit or live up to the hype.

I thought it was really good! Hope you and others who didn't play the previous alpha feel the same. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

That's because all the movie prop guns were made from ACTUAL guns, not necessarily canon items.

That blaster looks to have been made out of a Sten, Han Solo's blaster was made out of a Broomhandle Mauser...

Full List:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Wars

It's to balance the game so people in don't use only first person.

They're making sure the aiming stays the same in 3rd and 1st person people are making a bigger deal out of it than it actually is.

It's not like they're going Counter Strike style it has still aiming:

https://youtu.be/43E0wPYZ3hQ?t=166

I've never seen any actual aiming in CS:GO, just not scoping and waiting with your sights on the doors/chokepoints and shooting as soon as you see movement. I like a very specific style of gameplay I guess.

Why fix what isn't broken? It sounds to me like its going to be exactly like it was back in the day. Scout classes get extended zoom's, the rest are designed around people zerging from the hip. I understand you want it, but many don't. I don't want ADS on all weapons. If i wanted to play an FPS game, i'd play an FPS. This style of game is much faster paced than Battlefield and CoD. It's part of its appeal.

Meh, I guess I wish they'd do a star wars more similar to battlefield then.

That's because all the movie prop guns were made from ACTUAL guns, not necessarily canon items.

That blaster looks to have been made out of a Sten, Han Solo's blaster was made out of a Broomhandle Mauser...

Full List:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Wars

That's pretty awesome.

But as I've said, I don't really enjoy games where everyone just jumps around shooting from the hip. I prefer a balance between tactics and fast paced gameplay. (like BFBC2)

-snip-

They'd have to retcon the whole saga, "Y CUZ U NO HIT N E THING IF U HAZ ADS UMPIRE STURM TRUPPERS!?!?! LELZ REKT!"