Chrome x86 vs x64

Hi, I recently upgraded the ram in my laptop, and was wondering what`s better the chrome for x86 or the x64 one. From what I read, the x64 one improvements is neglijable except for the extra ram consumed. The major advantages of the 64bit is the extra layer of security. But in performane is there any difference?

Hi, I recently upgraded the ram in my laptop, and was wondering what`s better the chrome for x86 or the x64 one. From what I read, the x64 one improvements is neglijable except for the extra ram consumed. The major advantages of the 64bit is the extra layer of security. But in performane is there any difference?

i dont think it will matter with chrome tbh.

if it was 32bit os vs 64bit os then it would.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

chrome always updates to the latest version

the latest version is 64 bit

if your system is 64 bit it will automatically use the 64 bi version of chrome

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

chrome always updates to the latest version

the latest version is 64 bit

if your system is 64 bit it will automatically use the 64 bi version of chrome

I am running windows 10 build 10525 on x64 and the chrome is x86, because that`s the version I installed, it updates to another version but not to the x64 one. [been running the x64 windows for 2 years now, but recently upgraded from 4gb to 12gb of ram]

You cannot notice and speed difference b/w 32 bit and 64 bit in Chrome that much.

Go for 32 bit.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.