Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1

NumLock21

Disgusting step backwards for sabertooth. I will not even read the specs, it's so ugly

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It does have 8+4 power phase vs the Maximus Hero that only has 6+4

I wonder what the pricing on this thing with be

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I think this is the ugliest Sabertooth board Ive ever seen, Asus just lost a potential Z170 sale from me :/

I thought the X99 was kinda meh, but this one is too ugly IMO.

The Z97 Sabertooth lineup was the best out of them all if you ask me

This is the best looking TUF board to me.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

Heck my Z68 is gonna last through my Master's degree at this rate.

My friend's X58 rig is still going strong (just needs a GPU upgrade instead).

• 1 year later...

Does the cooling feature provide a significant difference? Is the dust-protecting feature also doing its job? That's one of the features that made me consider this board for my build.

As for the people who says that this doesn't look good, can you provide us links for mobo's that are aesthetically pleasing to you?

3 minutes ago, kapitanluffy said:

Does the cooling feature provide a significant difference?

As for the people who says that this doesn't look good, can you provide us links for mobo's that are aesthetically pleasing to you?

I'd imagine that the extra cooling doesn't make too much of a difference.

As for my boards of choice:

EVGA FTW

Spoiler

140-SS-E177-KR_XL_5.jpg

MSI Krait

Spoiler

14d.jpg

ASUS Deluxe

Spoiler

z170-deluxe-1-1280x1024.jpg

ASUS Pro Gaming/Aura

Spoiler

progamingaura.jpg

MSI SLI Plus

Spoiler

msi_z170_sliplus_0-1280x1024.jpg

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 hour ago, kapitanluffy said:

Does the cooling feature provide a significant difference? Is the dust-protecting feature also doing its job? That's one of the features that made me consider this board for my build.

Its mainly there to ensure that the motherboards components last as long as possible-not something that is as easy to guarantee with the MKII, My Z97 Sabertooth MKII has for example dead onboard audio some how (its not much of a loss when soundcards are better and will outlast most motherboards).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

On August 29, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Dabombinable said:

Would you rather something that looks like the LGA775 enthusiastboards? Because of all the ones I've seen they look worse-even my P5Q Deluxe with its fancy copper chipset+VRM cooling solution.

Some actually don't look too bad 

5pwgcTH.jpeg

hVL6CnK.jpeg

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I'm just glad they didn't make another Cabela's edition motherboard.

For those of you outside the states, Cabela's puts camoflauge on everything because reasons.

Asus TUF series motherboard are super cool and have loads of awesome features, especially in terms of controlling thermals remotely or physically. I wanted to get a Kaby Lake motherboard from Asus TUF series, but a white camo one like the Z170 "S" :P, around Christmas time. Also, i like this motherboard design... looks like its covered in a Ceramite plate lmao!

Groomlake Authority

12 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Some actually don't look too bad 

5pwgcTH.jpeg

hVL6CnK.jpeg

Only when new-give them a few years and the copper looks like shit.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

On 8/29/2015 at 8:40 AM, Swndlr said:

Who needs a server grade motherboard, its a consumer board for a reason.

I could make my Z97 Pro last me through college if I wanted to

and i'm still here on 5 year old hardware (lga 1155, core i7 2600) cuz there is still not good reason to upgrade :( 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

On 8/29/2015 at 3:41 PM, Arokhantos said:

Need board with complete white armor and pink glowing leds

KASfWXeG6IjCUB5w4vt-PsSsj9y-XXKmmiIfGFXH

Just spray paint it white. 

Magical Pineapples

15 hours ago, Tocsin_786 said:

and i'm still here on 5 year old hardware (lga 1155, core i7 2600) cuz there is still not good reason to upgrade :( 

Why have you just quoted me from over a year ago... 

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

On 8/29/2015 at 5:22 PM, Swndlr said:

Why have you just quoted me from over a year ago... 

wow... i have no idea why this was on the top of the news section yesterday. didnt realize the time :P

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.