Ashley Madison was working on an app called "What's Your Wife Worth"

Source: http://www.dailydot.com/politics/ashley-madison-whats-your-wife-worth/

Yep, more Ashley Madison news. Well...actually it's AM's parent company...but meh.. :P 

So, the story is that Ashley Madison's parent company, ALM, had been working on an app called "What's Your Wife Worth" and well...yeah..it is as bad as it sounds. It was basically an app that let someone upload a picture of their wife and other men could "bid" on the wife to give her a final "rating". 

Daily Dot reports:

Leaked files from last week’s Ashley Madison dump reveal plans by Avid Life Media (ALM), the site's parent company, to launch an app that allows men to rate each other’s wives, the Daily Dot has discovered.

The app, which was going to be called “What’s Your Wife Worth,” also appears to attach a dollar amount to the women based on a their rating. Its design seems similar to other apps that enable users to rate images of women and men based on looks.

I think most of us here will be able to agree this was just an absolutely horrible idea...but hey, that's what most of think of Ashley Madison as well and they still build that. Well the same thing was happening with this app, their CEO apprently thought it was an amazing idea and he has been quoted saying the following.

In a June 2013 email, Noel Biderman, ALM’s CEO, offered some feedback on the app’s development. “Choice should be ‘post your wife’ and ‘bid on someone's wife,’” he wrote, adding: “I am not sure we should be asking for real names—rather usernames.”

Ermmm...yeah sure mate, that's exactly what we all thought... not. They even made a design for the app.

2.jpg

And ofcourse we've got more CEO feedback: 

This is really good

Well...ermm..yeah..no.......just no....

Luckily for the rest of the world, the app never came into existence because it was "horrible developed". 

Own input

So yeah...this is kind of *bleep*ing awful...

Could we just..like...not? Just not do stuff like this? Marriages break because of this shit and usually children are the victim of that (if applicable). 

I am really really glad this didn't end up being a thing....

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming 4G | Asus P8H61-M Evo Rev B Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K2/8G Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B Samsung 840 Evo 512GB Seagate Barracude 7200.12 ST3500413AS, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 5400RPM OCZ ZS Series 650W Cooler Master Elite 430 Windowed Logitech LS21 Creative Fatal1ty Logitech G500 Razer BlackWidow 2010 | 2x Dell U1214H | 1x Ilyama ProLite E2407HDS

What. The. Hell?

Jake: [fakes accent] How much for the little girl? How much for the women?

Father: What?
Jake: Your women. I want to buy your women. The little girl, your daughters... sell them to me. Sell me your children!

hqdefault.jpg

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I want this to rate my future girlfriends. Ha joking. This is terrible and should be disallowed on the app store. I hate AM.

blackshades on

Well if you want to be a douchebag here's the app for it.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

what wife

I don't have a wife

let alone a girlfriend *cries*

J2oGpiN.gif

Avid Life Media = Bunch of turds. End of. They should shut down and go away, they've already had their entire database of fornicating customers leaked. They don't even stand up to their "Pay us, we delete it permanently" 'promise' which was the cause of this all anyway. I hope that app gets hacked and axed from the app stores as soon as it is released. Before they even think of starting new services, I have a message for them that I saw on Twitter:

Life's too short. Upgrade your firewall.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

..why.. It's idiots making money off idiots, there's nothing better than that.

If I was to make money off idiots, I would just make a kick-starter program so idiots don't have to consume air!

If I was to make money off idiots, I would just make a kick-starter program so idiots don't have to consume air!

Right.. And having business sense, even if you're kind of an asshole warrants death..?

Right.. And having business sense, even if you're kind of an asshole warrants death..?

I make money off people who don't add anything to the world except buying stupid stuff or "Donating" to a site of fucktards.

I make money off people who don't add anything to the world except buying stupid stuff or "Donating" to a site of fucktards.

I hope you know that doesn't change the mentality or morality behind you or the people running ALM. :/ Just because you feel your ideas are justified doesn't mean theirs are any different.

Folks folks folks.

Please I urge you to read the FiPo.

The app is no longer being developed and never saw the light of day! 

Also, these screenshots and the entire mail conversations were from 2012-2014-ish

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming 4G | Asus P8H61-M Evo Rev B Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K2/8G Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B Samsung 840 Evo 512GB Seagate Barracude 7200.12 ST3500413AS, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 5400RPM OCZ ZS Series 650W Cooler Master Elite 430 Windowed Logitech LS21 Creative Fatal1ty Logitech G500 Razer BlackWidow 2010 | 2x Dell U1214H | 1x Ilyama ProLite E2407HDS

The sheer premesis of this ,

is why i have stopped question humanity.

(⌐■_■) 

Are people actually reading that the app isn't available? It's awful that people thought of this, liked it and thought it would be a good business idea, thank god that the design wasn't good enough for them. Now they need to just break the company up and co separate ways, they've caused enough harm to relationships already.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Hackers finished it off....I know who you are, what your email was, and I have proof that you were a client of ashleymadison.com.......Now what's your wife worth?

*read with Eastern European stereotypical accent*

I want to sell wife for two cabbage and five potato.

I give good wife. She open jar of pickle with only two finger. She take you home by herself after too much vodka at bar.

I accept goat or bear also.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I thought we were past the point where men thought women were just accessories. I guess that's still a thing to some people in developed countries.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

I thought we were past the point where men thought women were just accessories. I guess that's still a thing to some people in developed countries.

The male of the species is the same wherever you go. There's the good, the bad, and the clueless.

To be fair, there's the flip side of the coin as well. The "kept" woman. Who judges who she'll date, on future earning potential, and who she'll marry based around keeping her in the style she hopes to be accustomed too.

There is no high ground here, and if you're going to be disgusted at men, be disgusted at 90% of the women those men marry.

The male of the species is the same wherever you go. There's the good, the bad, and the clueless.

To be fair, there's the flip side of the coin as well. The "kept" woman. Who judges who she'll date, on future earning potential, and who she'll marry based around keeping her in the style she hopes to be accustomed too.

There is no high ground here, and if you're going to be disgusted at men, be disgusted at 90% of the women those men marry.

I know, the world sucks. :(

I need a nap.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

I know, the world sucks. :(

I need a nap.

Some people in this world are a bit messed up...

I need one too.. It's 4AM

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Wtf?.... No wonder why hackers do this to them.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Oh get over it. This hack wasn't about some social activist group, it wasn't about making the world a better place. It was about a certain section of hackers that thought they found a portion of the comunity that the moral majority would revile, and make them a bunch of heroes...

Guess what, they found out that the moral majority wasn't that moral, and it was actually the target of this hack....Tough luck.... So they release the data expecting a public outcry... except they find that the religious right is trying to hush it up, because guess what...Several prominant members have accounts, and the communities response is an overwhelming...Who gives a fuck?