Poor quality of recent Linus Tech Tips channel videos

Ironbuket

People have the right to share constructive criticism.

Freedom of speech bro

And we have the right to show the door to those people because it doesn't mean we have to listen to their whining.

XuPmebO.png

Honestly, I don't really see anything wrong with those videos. Sure it's not "on par" with the quality of their previous videos, but it's certainly no where near as bad as what the OP is saying. Heck, the sound isn't out of sync for me and that would be the biggest issue, the rest are very minor.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

And we have the right to show the door to those people because it doesn't mean we have to listen to their whining.

XuPmebO.png

Neither do they have to listen to your whining.

Neither do they have to listen to your whining.

+1

Like other members said it's probably due to them moving and like making new sets and stuff.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Regarding the green screen videos, I would agree that obviously they can't do the things they were doing in the kitchen at the prior location because their new studio is still under construction. I admire their fortitude in pushing through with the construction going on and, knowing that, I think the criticism, while technically valid, is also unwarranted. That would be like me criticizing my employee for not doing as good of a job as normal when that employee, sick as a dog, came to the office and tried to get her work done anyway.

I will also say that I very much like "The Big Move" videos. I think I am living vicariously through Linus right now. I keep checking for more of those videos.

This is a waste of space, and a silly thread. They're moving, give them cut them slack, also your concerns in the first video are way off, audio is in sync pretty perfectly, and not as bad as some of the older LMG videos I've watched. Your lighting concern doesn't make sense, I don't see any major noticeable green edges, and the lighting looks fine, although Linus' skin does look a little odd. Bottom line is, you're complaining about something that you shouldn't be complaining about. God forbid, you suffer like 5-6 videos of mid range quality so that than once everything is said and done, you may get like 2 videos a day of extremely great quality. If you haven't seen any of Linus' recent videos like new office vlog or his live unboxing, than you wouldn't know the deadlines they are meeting. With the 2 mystery unboxing at the meetup Linus actually said that they need it filmed and edited by the end of that day, and posted I believe that same day or schedule for the next day. Either way, they are doing a lot right now, and the quality is suffering a little bit, if you're a person who likes LMG for the original type of funny stuff like new office vlog, than you should be used to this type of thing, but if you only like the occasional serious review, than I think you might be watching the wrong channel. Also, someone said something about that bank ad, I don't get what's wrong with it. I think it's actually something pretty cool, especially for someone like a bank to do. It's simply a sponsor, it is how Linus makes enough money to get capital for other reviews which he can't get a sample for.

EDIT: Don't take this the wrong way by the way, I write in a satirical/cynical way most of the time and I don't mean to come off like an asshole.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Why are people bashing OP? He came to the right place, created a new account just to voice out his concern/complain of Linus's video quality. Explain properly to him whether his complains are justified or not and make him understands the current situation that's happening in LMG. Why some of you gotta be so hostile and kiss Linus's ass so hard anyway? Man the white knighting can be really strong in this forum sometimes. 

Well it seems that you know what is going and you complain, I bet if they didn't produce content you would still say something, that is sad. If you want better quality soon go out there and help and help them finish up. I am refraining myself from saying more stuff because to go out of your way to complain on something I'm sure you don't contribute economically is just pathetic.

I'm not especially with the OP here since I don't mind, but he's not wrong for calling them on it. 

You don't have to work on something to criticize it. Let's say a dev make a bad game about Rakhman: Rakham Knight for example. Can I not say that it's bad that they released it as it was? Do I first have to go and help polish the game before I say it was carp? If I watch a show and a cabbage is poorly animated (Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na, anyone?) should I hop on a flight over to Japan this moment to redraw it myself for the DVD release? (They actually did that on their own. It was pretty funny.) Or if you want to look at it another way (I pretty much guarantee you don't but I will write it anyways) let's say hypothetically someone starts making video below the usual quality- they screw up audio, mess up information, and wear a sweatshirt that matches the set color. Should we not call them on it since we haven't worked there? Just say nothing?

Now nitpicky grammar bits section that you don't have to read- You don't refrain yourself from doing something. It's not a reflexive verb. Restrain, maybe, though the wording would sound odd. Correct usage, "I refrained from speaking." How does what he contributes economically have anything to do with this? I'm sure he buys groceries or something. I wouldn't call someone mentioning audio quality being off pathetic either.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Give it time...Their workload right now is IMMENSE!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

They are transporting to another office right now, be patient. And why are you so concerned about Luke's hair? You are not his mother M8  :D .

Luke has to always look his best. He is the one who draws females to the channel!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Theres not much they can do, their sets arent done being built yet and theyre basically making the best of what they have by using a ghetto green screen set up and some pretty fancy editing to make the videos at least look decent and detail filled.

I understand why youd be concerned, but Id just give it some time :) It will all be back to normal sooner or later and once the new recording sets are done being built, the content will be really good, even better than before at the old kitchen! ^_^

Theyve got a lot on their plates right now, and although I too agree that some of the videos lately do seemed somewhat half assed and rushed, theyre doing the best they can to get any videos out at all. Id rather have some decent videos with some flaws then no videos at all.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I feel like the bigger issue is the content of the videos. I like the moving vlogs and the scrapyard wars yeah, and the reviews are what I expect, but they seriously need to bring back unboxings, and combine them with reviews.

That, and do some in-depth technical stuff.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's just the reg. of LTT.

But seriously, does it bug you that much?

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

I think most of the problems will be worked out once the studio is done.

My problem has been the editing on some of the recent videos. Super fun videos are so over done I can't watch them anymore. There have been a few ltt videos that just felt wrong. I can only assume it is due to a different editor. I hope I either get used to it or Linus gets everything back to normal.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

don't make fun of zombie Luke

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Well maybe the OP is right. I mean... I and thousands others are paying good money to watch these videos on YouTube.

Oh. Wait a minute.

Those videos are free.

In my opinion, any one that complains about free content is nothing but an arrogant whiny baby with an entitlement issue.

Seriously. Grow up.

How's that for free speech and constructive criticism? Can the criticizers take a criticism?

I kinda agree with OP here it just bothers me a lot of people here can't take constructive criticism for the better. LMG is in the middle of moving and setting up the new office and pumping out quality videos can be pretty difficult. Yes the videos are free to watch, yes no one is forcing anyone to watch them but I truly believe keeping a standard of quality to keep your audience is key. That's why we have these forums. I've also noticed the lack of quality information especially in the new SKYLAKE video. I believe they could of been more thorough and put more effort into the video. Maybe they should stop trying to pump out a video a day and take time to make a amazing video every 3 days or something..

Background coloring and foreground lighting are because its ghetto rigged green screen (watch moving vlogs....). In all I don't care about how image quality in videos are. Content and sound balance are more important since I have videos running on 2nd screen and I tend to listen more than watch.

I haven't watched the linked videos. Just because most of the main channel content is boring and not interesting for me. But if there really is issues with setting and background noises, Linus could be player and acknowledge them. After all, every casual video they've made lately is being liked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

[Appart from the obvious 10mins WMM edit -.-]

Also, the new youtube player kinda sucks.

SHOTS FIRED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-1ZmAbiV7Y

... Those videos are free. ... Seriously. Grow up.

This.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

We are aware things aren't perfect St the moment but making videos is what pays for the new studio to be built so we can't exactly put making videos on hold while we build it..

It is what it is and it will be better than ever and we will all forget this ever happened :)

It is what it is and it will be better than ever and we will all forget this ever happened :)

The internet never forgets. D:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

I created an account just to come on here and hopefuly attract Linus' attention. There are plenty of posts on YouTube about the poor quality of the last two videos, but as Linus has stated recently he doesnt read comments on YouTube anymore and is too busy to check the videos before they are uploaded.

I know you are in a half built studio, but that's no excuse for the poor quality of the videos being pushed out at the moment. I can only assume that the senior members of the team are oblivious to this (I hope).

Examples:

In the video http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/437773-gtx-480-video-card-drivers-then-vs-now/ the following things are easily noticable

Sound out of sync

Background poor

Lighting of foreground terrible (Linus looks like a zombie - with green edges...)

In the video http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/437130-intel-6700k/ the following things are easily noticable

Sound out of sync

Audio pops (multiple times)

Sound of drilling in background

Sound of a torque wrench/driver being used (multiple times)

Background poor

Lighting of foreground poor

Multiple delivery mistakes by Luke, why wasnt it reshot or at least edited?

Sudden hair cut change of Luke was funny, but I dont think it was intentional that it should have been funny?

Do you want an apology from Linus or something?

Intel i7-4790K Processor, 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 RAM, ASUS Z-87 Pro Motherboard, Corsair RM 750 PSU, 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 2 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs, ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX GPU, Corsair Carbide 500R Case, AFT Pro-77U Card Reader, Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor – U2415, Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Windows 9 (Windows 10 with StartIsBack++)

Well maybe the OP is right. I mean... I and thousands others are paying good money to watch these videos on YouTube.

Oh. Wait a minute.

Those videos are free.

In my opinion, any one that complains about free content is nothing but an arrogant whiny baby with an entitlement issue.

Seriously. Grow up.

How's that for free speech and constructive criticism? Can the criticizers take a criticism?

In what way was the OP an arrogant whiny baby? You're the cunt here. OP is being reasonable.

You can challenge a criticism, but in this case you don't have a counter argument. You're just stupid :) Why don't you defend linus instead of shooting down criticism. There are alot of times linus changed his video styles from video criticism for the better, and if it were for crybaby fangays like you he would never improve or grow.

If linus continues to be neglectant and ignore (which is not the case) his audience you think he would still have an audience? 

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Well to be fair the video went up as soon as it could, since their review unit arrived like 5 or 6 days after everyone else had their reviews up. So yeah, not their fault that the postal system was extremely slow :/

Well, they at least could have considered the information content. What you can take from the video you can read of any online stores page  / the back of the box. And why the fuck is the background bright orange? O.o

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Well, they at least could have considered the information content. What you can take from the video you can read of any online stores page  / the back of the box. And why the fuck is the background bright orange? O.o

They basically did what every other video I saw on Skylake seemed to cover heh. Cause it's the company colour? :P

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

And why the fuck is the background bright orange? O.o

Because its part of their branding and videos are done in front of green screen?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv