Illegal drone near-collision with airliner in Denmark

FunkyFeatures

Danish Source

In Denmark, the 21st of August, an illegal drone had almost collided with an airliner in the Copenhagen airport. The illegal drone was flying 450 metres above the ground, way above the legal 100 meters in Denmark, as well as being in a restricted airspace for hobbyist drones at least. The pilot of the airlina said that the drone was incredibly close to colliding with the airliner.

It is considered gambling with the passengers' lives when a drone is being flown near an ordinary plane. Drones are becoming more widespread, and it is important that people who fly drones familiarize themselves with the rules that apply 

In Denmark the rules about flying drones are already very strict, but flying near an airport, letalone inside the airport, is plain stupidity.

It is not legal to fly droness above urban areas or near the airport, unless you have the permission off Transport and Construction

It is worth mentioning, the drone pilot never lost control of his drone, and as the laws say, it is illegal to even fly near the airport and above 100 metres.

The quotes were roughly translated from danish, sorry for any gramatically wrong errors, as the only source I could find was danish.

Personal Opinion

In the future with more drones becoming more popular, it would be nice to have some sort of "Restricted area detection" - some sort of GPS firmware that overrides the user control to fly ~100 metres away from the area, to avoid close calls or even full on collisions. It isn't the first close call, and most definitely can't be the last.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

this gonna turn into a gun law sort of thing, some tossers have to ruin it for everyone.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Which is why we need anti-drones.. drones..

To take that sucker down.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

this gonna turn into a gun law sort of thing, some tossers have to ruin it for everyone.

Try learning the danish drone laws :)

It is quite strict, me living on an island not that big makes it near impossible to find a place to fly without telling everyone in a 2km radius(I believe) that it is just me flying my drone for fun.

Recently I believe in the US they also shed some light upon drones that could be used for terrorism. 'Murica - the country where the t-word bans everything but guns

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Drone police?

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

And here I was about to say "BAN ALL GU----I MEAN DRONES! /s " lol

If only we could just ban stupidity and insanity.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

stupid people ruin normal peoples drone life, they should just make no fly zones into their software, problem, atleast for DJI, solved

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Could totally see those soundwaved/radiowaves they discovered to take down drones near the airport, I mean it is totally the drone pilots fault for coming close, right?

Amen!

We need laws faster to combat stupid people with drones, not everyone should have access to them, they are a big danger to airspace.I dont want next time i fly a plane to crash and die because of stupid kid playing with his 'smart' dad drone.

Amen!

The hard part there is defining either of those things. For instance, I think we should get rid of seatbelt laws. Let people not wear them, only their own fault when they meet the windshield at 45+ miles per hour.

Drone police?

Better make sure you didn't order your black drone edition! /s

Could totally see those soundwaved/radiowaves they discovered to take down drones near the airport, I mean it is totally the drone pilots fault for coming close, right?

Big times yeah

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

Shit! That drone is 5 kilometres from the airport! Shoot it immediately, it probably has a gun!

*no offense to anyone"

Big times yeah

erm, i would edit that 

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Shit! That drone is 5 kilometres from the airport! Shoot it immediately, it probably has a gun!

*no offense to anyone"

#DroneLivesMatter /s

Who flies a drone at an airport???

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You cant ban stupid/insanity/greed and so on they are embedded in our genes, in everyones genes, everyone acted stupid/crazy/greedy about something sometime in their life even if it was insignificant, you would have to modify the human DNA and brains to improve humanity lol.All these things will keep repeating over and over since humans dont evolve/change.

You cant ban stupid/insanity/greed and so on they are embedded in our genes, in everyones genes, everyone acted stupid/crazy/greedy about something sometime in their life even if it was insignificant, you would have to modify the human DNA and brains to improve humanity lol.All these things will keep repeating over and over since humans dont evolve/change.

I think what you are saying is that we have become too successful at survival, and we need a major thinning of the herd in order to evolve.

The hard part there is defining either of those things. For instance, I think we should get rid of seatbelt laws. Let people not wear them, only their own fault when they meet the windshield at 45+ miles per hour.

Re: 

-------

Current Rig

-------

1. Drones need hardcoded no fly zones

Drones should need a licence to fly (something like the <24m boat licence, where you just take an exam for which you need to know the safety rules and stuff)

People really need to stop being retarded

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Try learning the danish drone laws :)

It is quite strict, me living on an island not that big makes it near impossible to find a place to fly without telling everyone in a 2km radius(I believe) that it is just me flying my drone for fun.

Recently I believe in the US they also shed some light upon drones that could be used for terrorism. 'Murica - the country where the t-word bans everything but guns

hypothetically... if you strap a gun to a drone, is it then a flying gun? and if so, wouldnt the second amendment protect it?

I think what you are saying is that we have become too successful at survival, and we need a major thinning of the herd in order to evolve.

Illuminati confirmt 

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

How expensive would it be and hard to 'jailbreak' the drones on board GPS for a speed/altitude governor to be included.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Danish Source

In Denmark, the 21st of August, an illegal drone had almost collided with an airliner in the Copenhagen airport. The illegal drone was flying 450 metres above the ground, way above the legal 100 meters in Denmark, as well as being in a restricted airspace for hobbyist drones at least. The pilot of the airlina said that the drone was incredibly close to colliding with the airliner.

In Denmark the rules about flying drones are already very strict, but flying near an airport, letalone inside the airport, is plain stupidity.

It is worth mentioning, the drone pilot never lost control of his drone, and as the laws say, it is illegal to even fly near the airport and above 100 metres.

The quotes were roughly translated from danish, sorry for any gramatically wrong errors, as the only source I could find was danish.

Personal Opinion

In the future with more drones becoming more popular, it would be nice to have some sort of "Restricted area detection" - some sort of GPS firmware that overrides the user control to fly ~100 metres away from the area, to avoid close calls or even full on collisions. It isn't the first close call, and most definitely can't be the last.

Oh no, Putin's at it again. ;)

Yeah I'm pretty sure the drone laws here in the UK are just as strict too! (part of why I never bought one: also the bad weather)... :D

Don't complain about people being stupid and immediately follow it up with that.