"Project Fallen" ~ Design and Development Log

MzCatieB

I'm in awe. Every time I try to use Blender, it always end up looking like the rejected horror version of Wallace and Gromit.

I'm the same. I suck at character modelling. and rigging. and weight painting, and animating. and illustration. You know what, I pretty much suck at everything. I'm pretty mediocre at environment design and level design though. :P

It's actually not that funny. I hate myself for it.

I'm the same. I suck at character modelling. and rigging. and weight painting, and animating. and illustration. You know what, I pretty much suck at everything. I'm pretty mediocre at environment design and level design though. :P

It's actually not that funny. I hate myself for it.

No need to beat up on yourself. I suck at 3D-modelling in general. I only do it for fun, the same reason why I do painting, drawing and sculpting (Which I'm also pretty midiocre at). We do these things to practice, and hopefully practice makes perfect.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

i think i might have figured out a decent way to describe Fallen without over complicating it.

A Sci-Fi Survival MMORPG with Fantasy qualities

Character artist in the Games industry.

Hmm could work, as long as people understand Survival does not equal zombies.

yes, i fear Survival makes people think "Zombies" to often, I mean Survival as in the world settings

Yeah i understand that, maybe slap "100% no Zombies" in there somehow ...in a classy way. hmmm

Am I the only one left who still loves Zombie games?

Am I the only one left who still loves Zombie games?

Only if its well made, so far Left 4 dead 1-2 are the only ones.

Rust...no zombies anymore

DayZ....far from enjoyable really.

Infection story whatever....do i even need to say anything?

...i think i´m missing something.....

I know im missing some games but the point is most of the above games aside from L2D are pretty much the same. Big maps, open PvP, Find stuff to survive, and the one with the most modern getup wins.

another thing that bothers me is the lack of makeshift equipment. 

that because all the zombie games now are using them, just as a thing in the game, if a game like dayz had something like random horde attacks (like 10-20 on a 4 man group) would change the game drastically, that when zombies are good when they outnumber you, and you still survive

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

that because all the zombie games now are using them, just as a thing in the game, if a game like dayz had something like random horde attacks (like 10-20 on a 4 man group) would change the game drastically, that when zombies are good when they outnumber you, and you still survive

Good point. anyway let´s not talk about this anymore, you know...keep the thread clean and more "on topic".

With that said i was wondering will we have anything "makeshift" considering the world is F´t i highly doubt most Weapons or even Ammo will be very intact. Then again it depends "when" the game takes place. The Metro games have some great weapons that are mostly Makeshift ghetto guns. 

Fallout aswell but that game has a weird mixed timeframe between the future and the past :P

yes, i fear Survival makes people think "Zombies" to often, I mean Survival as in the world settings

You should do a really meta trailer addressing this point. The characters would just go about in the world and be completly bafled by the fact that they are living in a survival game without zombies.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I know im missing some games but the point is most of the above games aside from L2D are pretty much the same. Big maps, open PvP, Find stuff to survive, and the one with the most modern getup wins.

another thing that bothers me is the lack of makeshift equipment. 

that game dying light that luke checked out last year is going to release in 2014

You should do a really meta trailer addressing this point. The characters would just go about in the world and be completly bafled by the fact that they are living in a survival game without zombies.

I plan on getting you guys to put together a Gameplayer trailer for me.

What better for a trailer than a player made one.

And i will do my own Trailer at some point... though, i dont plan on doing what elders scrolls online did... I plan on using my budget to make a game not a trailer :P

Estimated cost for the kickstarter at the moment will be £250k, sound reasonable?

That should cover production over a year, Workspace, Licenses and Server Space.

And i will do my own Trailer at some point... though, i dont plan on doing what elders scrolls online did... I plan on using my budget to make a game not a trailer :P

Estimated cost for the kickstarter at the moment will be £250k, sound reasonable?

If you could somehow pull that much in then yea, but I don't know if you could manage enough PR for 250k..

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

250k£ seems ambitious, though considering its a mmo, a good chunk of it goes through servers alone, also has been mmos built on unreal before? I'm talking in general not just unreal 4, its a though that crossed my head

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

250k£ seems ambitious, though considering its a mmo, a good chunk of it goes through servers alone, also has been mmos built on unreal before? I'm talking in general not just unreal 4, its a though that crossed my head

Tera and APB are both built using UE3, UE3 wasnt made for MMORPG gameplay, UE4 is more open however so it should be allot easier.

New character concept coming as soon as its done.

Goal over May is to get the Male/Female characters implemented fully. so i can start pulling more content together, Work is finally loosening up for me so i can push on with this allot more.

What would be the contributor levels for kickstarter? You would have to plug something pretty lucrative in order to attract people

Golly, I sure hope that my internets are all in a safe place...

What would be the contributor levels for kickstarter? You would have to plug something pretty lucrative in order to attract people

no idea at this moment

Been playing around with Exp Charts, i think i got 1 which is reasonable.

Thoughts & opinions?

post-2896-0-04208500-1398640391.jpg

Been playing around with Exp Charts, i think i got 1 which is reasonable.

Thoughts & opinions?

exp chart.jpg

Needs more levels! :P

Seriously though, it's hard to judge if it's reasonable or not by just looking at that table. Are we just going to blitz through the first few levels or will even those take time? My advice is to not make it like GoW2 multiplayer. :P

Needs more levels! :P

Seriously though, it's hard to judge if it's reasonable or not by just looking at that table. Are we just going to blitz through the first few levels or will even those take time? My advice is to not make it like GoW2 multiplayer. :P

The plan is to have All skills be built around a skill tree, A level gets you a point/token to spend within the skill.

Rather than setting the game up so "You MUST Have this level to use this item" im going with, you can use all items and do anything within the game, however Exp rewards will be Scaled according to your level. And using gear which is set for a level higher than your just makes it more difficult to use, (Weapon Control is not as good .ext)

Looks ok for a start, question remains how much exp we get per kill/quest/whatever.

Exp will scale according to your level, how effective you where in combat. Some creatures will grant less exp as you go higher, Some will grant more. it will be creature dependent. (Don't really want people sitting in Cow fields from 1-100)

The plan is to have All skills be built around a skill tree, A level gets you a point/token to spend within the skill.

Rather than setting the game up so "You MUST Have this level to use this item" im going with, you can use all items and do anything within the game, however Exp rewards will be Scaled according to your level. And using gear which is set for a level higher than your just makes it more difficult to use, (Weapon Control is not as good .ext)

That makes more sense. I take it we won't have unlimited levels though? Best thing about Diablo 3 and Skyrim is that I can kill months of my life with those games just to continue levelling my character.