"Project Fallen" ~ Design and Development Log

MzCatieB

iv got:

6 years 3d art experience.

8 years Unreal design & development experience.

Hardware is a hobby of mine.

I do 3D animation and character rigging for work.. i Love my work so yh. 

iv been drawing since i could hold a pencil/crayon.

I would say the 2 things im not very good at are, Audio and Texturing character (Texturing is improving rapidly though)

I've got about 1-3 years of 3D modelling experience depending on how you look at it. I really just don't know how to get good at it. I've tried practicing at character design a lot, but the proportions never never look correct. 

I've got about 1-3 years of 3D modelling experience depending on how you look at it. I really just don't know how to get good at it. I've tried practicing at character design a lot, but the proportions never never look correct. 

Get a CGcookie account and go through the tutorials... they have amazing guide.. also look at Blender Guru... he has some good guides.

I always tell people that the best way to get good with modeling is to do loads of online guides and then play around.

All guides are just an outline, but implementation is personal. you cant copy someones work forever... so treating them as an outline is best.

Im largely self taught but i did have a teacher in college who showed me the basics, and thats all you need really

Character artist in the Games industry.

I truly amazed by your passion and by the speed that you have been working Pixxie. I can't wait to see the final product. Btw if you still need a tester you can count me in :D

I truly amazed by your passion and by the speed that you have been working Pixxie. I can't wait to see the final product. Btw if you still need a tester you can count me in :D

will add you to the tester list, and its going to be a while... UE4 is a cruel mistress over UDK, learning c++ is taking longer than i thought...

will add you to the tester list, and its going to be a while... UE4 is a cruel mistress over UDK, learning c++ is taking longer than i thought...

Please take as much time as you need.

Nothing to update this week... been really busy with work cause we have a trailer coming out really soon so been working on getting content together for it... 

Will update as soon as i get something together though.

Looking at motion capture at the moment...

Thoughts?

Looking at motion capture at the moment...

Thoughts?

Kinect like or ghetto mo cap setup?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Kinect like or ghetto mo cap setup?

Ghetto Kinect mocap...

2-4 Kinect Cams connected to 1 Computer... Empty Room... Done

Ghetto Kinect mocap...

2-4 Kinect Cams connected to 1 Computer... Empty Room... Done

sounds awesome for a ghetto setup, should give the animations, more life like appearance, and considering project spark allows you to create custom animation whit 1 Kinect, they should be close enough to those whit pro equipment

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

If it can be done ghetto if its done right imo

Golly, I sure hope that my internets are all in a safe place...

refining the workflow from Concept to Full implementation in game

how difficult is importing blender into unreal 4  now that it's changed?

Golly, I sure hope that my internets are all in a safe place...

how difficult is importing blender into unreal 4  now that it's changed?

im using a Test version of Blender with an updated version of .FBX... its very buggy at the moment.

I would say, its easier compared to UDK, but it screws up allot.

Been playing around with a new Poster head for the website and this thread... thoughts?

post-2896-0-87987500-1397566705_thumb.jp

Been playing around with a new Poster head for the website and this thread... thoughts?

attachicon.gifFallen_Concept.jpg

I really like the art style you are going for, and the eviroment looks like something from Crysis 2 & 3. You are a much better artist then I can ever dream to be.

Is it done? Becuase it looks sorta unfinished in the background, and the perspective looks wrong, especially in the buttom of the picture. I don't know if this is a deliberate choice, but it just looks a bit weird to me.  

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I really like the art style you are going for, and the eviroment looks like something from Crysis 2 & 3. You are a much better artist then I can ever dream to be.

Is it done? Becuase it looks sorta unfinished in the background, and the perspective looks wrong, especially in the buttom of the picture. I don't know if this is a deliberate choice, but it just looks a bit weird to me.  

it's just a base concept at the moment, iv layered up and cut images together, then added in filters to get the general feel of what i want. 

I have to give it to you Pixxie, you're working really hard to get this to see the light of day. I barely have the motivation to even open Maya most of the time. :D

I have to give it to you Pixxie, you're working really hard to get this to see the light of day. I barely have the motivation to even open Maya most of the time. :D

Talked to Autodesk about a possible "Indie License" For Maya/3DS and mudbox...  they said no, so im sticking with Blender... cause there is no better cost than £0 with 0% royalties

Talked to Autodesk about a possible "Indie License" For Maya/3DS and mudbox...  they said no, so im sticking with Blender... cause there is no better cost than £0 with 0% royalties

I wouldn't mind paying for it if it wasn't so expensive. £4000 for a license is a joke. I just use the student version.

I wouldn't mind paying for it if it wasn't so expensive. £4000 for a license is a joke. I just use the student version.

£3300 Per Head.

And i asked if i could use the Student version till i get my project funded and they went... no

i Wont mind a Subscription like how Adobe has it... but cheaper.

I dont mind doing Adobe Creative Suite for 5 people for £70 a month... but its a shame they dont do creative suite for like £25 for 1 person... i would do that in a heart beat considering ALL the software you get for it.

£3300 Per Head.

And i asked if i could use the Student version till i get my project funded and they went... no

i Wont mind a Subscription like how Adobe has it... but cheaper.

I dont mind doing Adobe Creative Suite for 5 people for £70 a month... but its a shame they dont do creative suite for like £25 for 1 person... i would do that in a heart beat considering ALL the software you get for it.

It was 4K for 2012, so it's good it got cheaper. I know you're not supposed to use it, but they won't know if you don't draw attention to it. :D and yeah, their subscription prices suck too.

It was 4K for 2012, so it's good it got cheaper. I know you're not supposed to use it, but they won't know if you don't draw attention to it. :D and yeah, their subscription prices suck too.

i think it will be funny if Autodesk accuse me of using their software unlicensed for the project... 

I'm so glad I found this thread.

I read the first post/page, and was rather skeptical that this project would grow any legs... Mainly because you are working alone.

Now, I am on page 35 after reading a lot (pretty much just Pixxie_Payne's posts fully) and skimming the rest - Wow, Catherine you are very dedicated.

I just wanted to stop by and give you some major props.. Please continue, don't stop, don't slow down. Your fierce dedication bleeds through my computer screen.

I will sub to this thread and will continue to follow this project.

Phenomenal job thus far, @Pixxie_Payne

Good Luck and may the force be with you~

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

i'm pushing to do some desktop uprades ASAP... getting some issues with my now 2 1/2 year old Hardware :/

Also Creating some plug'ins for Blender to speed up the workflow... and trying to remove issues i keep encountering... (Animations getting deleted for no reason, Skeleton Model Scales and rotation changing for no reason ext) Going to be a fun few weeks.

oh and my Work project is dropping a Trailer soon. i will post it here so you guys can have a look ^-^ im lead Animator and Character artist on the project... so i think it will be awesome for you guys to see what i can do.