"Project Fallen" ~ Design and Development Log

MzCatieB

Mechanics whys its not that much

Cover, Climbing and Exp with leveling.

The hardest overall mechanics is going to be climbing, but thats not even that difficult cause its just Collision detection.

Graphically its going to be interesting. (i'm not claiming to be making Crysis 3 level of graphics and i dont plan to)

The hardest overall thing to get working is going to be Server connection and player volume.

However during testing its going to be Pier to Pier connection, then when the full version roles out i will be getting a server up and running.

Map Scale whys UE4 has a Active loading system thats only about 20 or so lines of C++.

I plan on doing the game scale based on districts though.

Also the Pet system isnt that hard, Basic programming to tell the AI to Follow the Player with Min-Max range.

I would like to note, i do Run tests and to allot of research before posting possible updates.

I was talking about creating all of the assets for it more than anything.

After looking around at existing projects i would say games like: Assassins Creed, The Division, Runescape, Maybe Watch Dogs and maybe Destiny.

Saying that, i dont consider them Competition, Not that i'm scared of them, but Fallen is going to be its own entity.

I was thinking in terms of setting, not so much in gameplay. From what I've heard the gameplay will be very different from Defiance. 

Well, nothing exists in a vacuum. You need to take inspiration from somewhere. It's the way you combine your inspirations that make a unique game.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I was talking about creating all of the assets for it more than anything.

I only plan to stick solo till the Kickstarter, im scouting potential talent all the time though.

I was thinking in terms of setting, not so much in gameplay. From what I've heard the gameplay will be very different from Defiance. 

Well, nothing exists in a vacuum. You need to take inspiration from somewhere. It's the way you combine your inspirations that make a unique game.

I'm playing around with the setting, but my plan currently feels sound, i think you will enjoy playing it.

Character artist in the Games industry.

This Wiki attracted me :P https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Interfaces_in_UE4_C%2B%2B

This tutorial enables you to have a custom event like TheSunReachedHighNoon, and have a bunch of actors respond to this event differently, each with their own implementation of the event.

So flowers could override TheSunReachedHighNoon to open blossoms completely,

frogs could use override TheSunReachedHighNoon to hide under rocks

etc etc

Do want. :D

I love it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

if people want to help me with research for the game, PM me so i can Respond in future.

I'm currently looking at how to create a Game download/Update client so i can get you guys to help test Asap

if people want to help me with research for the game, PM me so i can Respond in future.

I'm currently looking at how to create a Game download/Update client so i can get you guys to help test Asap

what type of reaserch? Aside from the game client/updater.

what type of reaserch? Aside from the game client/updater.

Anything really, im looking at many things, but mostly Programming/Blueprint related at the moment

I only plan to stick solo till the Kickstarter, im scouting potential talent all the time though.

Fair enough. 

I updated the Original post, Added Software, Cleaned it up a little as well

I updated the Original post, Added Software, Cleaned it up a little as well

I know stuff about designing things for games, but I have no idea how I would actually build a game. What does it mean, powered by Nvidia?

I know stuff about designing things for games, but I have no idea how I would actually build a game. What does it mean, powered by Nvidia?

I assume PhysX support. 

Thought: How would you go about adding Mantle to it? I assume you can't without being taught or given the correct tools.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I assume PhysX support. 

Thought: How would you go about adding Mantle to it? I assume you can't without being taught or given the correct tools.

Currently, Anything UE4 can do, i can do.

I have a full license and to my knowledge, no Mantle support as of yet.

And yes i mean Fallen with have Advanced PhysX Support.

I assume PhysX support. 

Currently, Anything UE4 can do, i can do.

I have a full license and to my knowledge, no Mantle support as of yet.

And yes i mean Fallen with have Advanced PhysX Support.

That's so obvious. I'm gonna go and sit in the corner now.

Got a few things on the go at the moment

- Running a test version of Blender to support UE4 better.

- Reworking the base character a little.

- Learning UE4 features. (New animation system, Materials system, Blueprints, Coding and linking controls to functions)

- Testing Features in UE4.

- Researching possible features. (Documentation/Tutorials & guides)

- Working on Concept art.

- Aswell as working on "Tangiers".

once i get the basic functions together (Player in the game, Moving around (Walking, Jogging and sprinting), Jumping, Crouching) i will be releasing a Video, then i will start working on the more advanced features.

Currently the largest bulk of  work is the animations (They take allot of time to get right).

I'm hoping to have the video by next sunday (Give or take)

Got a few things on the go at the moment

- Running a test version of Blender to support UE4 better.

- Reworking the base character a little.

- Learning UE4 features. (New animation system, Materials system, Blueprints, Coding and linking controls to functions)

- Testing Features in UE4.

- Researching possible features. (Documentation/Tutorials & guides)

- Working on Concept art.

- Aswell as working on "Tangiers".

once i get the basic functions together (Player in the game, Moving around (Walking, Jogging and sprinting), Jumping, Crouching) i will be releasing a Video, then i will start working on the more advanced features.

Currently the largest bulk of  work is the animations (They take allot of time to get right).

I'm hoping to have the video by next sunday (Give or take)

2371600-9530080022-13605.gif

I'll be honest, back when this thread was first started, I was skeptical. I figured at some point, you would disappear and the game would be forgotten. 

But no. You have kept at this. Even alone. Good job. :D I'm getting more excited as time passes. Can't wait to see what is in store.

† Christian Member †

I have a plan for something i want to add in to the game... However im going to keep it secret till i can get it working.

I will say though, its going to make the game... interesting :P

I changed my picture again btw... just informing xD

I changed my picture again btw... just informing xD

Luckely I always remember people by their screen name. Otherwise I would probably get very confused on this forum, or I would just meet new people all the time.

I have a plan for something i want to add in to the game... However im going to keep it secret till i can get it working.

I will say though, its going to make the game... interesting :P

I bet it's ponies

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Luckely I always remember people by their screen name. Otherwise I would probably get very confused on this forum, or I would just meet new people all the time.

I bet it's ponies

lol.... no its not ponies.

I will say... its gonna be very complicated, but UE4 lets me do it fairly well :P

i'm playing with a new production pipeline for the project.

1s i get a test together i will upload a in game Render to show you guys :3 

btw i was wondering if this game was going for the serious route or the crazy route or inbetween(in the context of clothing), you could go for a anime tps, im not sure if there are any at the moment

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

btw i was wondering if this game was going for the serious route or the crazy route or inbetween(in the context of clothing), you could go for a anime tps, im not sure if there are any at the moment

Graphically, im not sure, im going to freestyle some graphics and see how they sit.