I dont want to pay for os :/

johnadams123412

If you already have windows you could transfer it from the old computer to the new one

how/!?!?

Its not good for gaming and seeing as how i wouldnt suggest pirating your going to have to shell out for win 7. 

btw. yes you need sata3

why do i need it?

how/!?!?

Do you have the old installation disks? Use them if you do.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Do you have the old installation disks? Use them if you do.

nah i dont think, i bought laptop off someone

I would build something like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1pmuh

The 7870xt is much faster thant he 7870, it performs barely under the 7870xt.  Also the motherboard is better and the case is slightly nicer.

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

how/!?!?

You could download it to a usb-stick or download it to a hard or SSD drive that you are using in you build

why do i need it?

Because most hard drives and ssds use it and it is much faster and since you say you edit and play games it will help load maps and stuff (In single player)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Because most hard drives and ssds use it and it is much faster and since you say you edit and play games it will help load maps and stuff (In single player)

ahh i see but as what some kid was saying i have an old computer i can transfer windows to the new one?

ahh i see but as what some kid was saying i have an old computer i can transfer windows to the new one?

No you can't.

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

nah i dont think, i bought laptop off someone

Then download a copy of windows online and use the activation code that is on your laptop. It will have to be the exact same version of windows that the laptop is. Something like "Windows 7 Home Premium Edition". 

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

No you can't.

Will it be an OEM copy that can't be transferred or something?

Then download a copy of windows online and use the activation code that is on your laptop. It will have to be the exact same version of windows that the laptop is. Something like "Windows 7 Home Premium Edition". 

where do i find the code?

If you already have windows you could transfer it from the old computer to the new one

If the current OS is OEM though, it won't work with new hardware.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

The installation of Windows may be OEM. The issue with that is once it's activated, you'll have to call Microsoft to reset it so you can activate it on something else. OEM installations are tied to the hardware it was installed on.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Odds are if his pc was prebuilt it will be OEM.

Long story short. You have to buy windows. no 2 ways about it

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

how i check?

where do i find the code?

It probably won't work as others have stated.

If you go to: Control Panel -> System and Security -> System, at the bottom of the page it will say your activation code. If it is an OEM version of windows, I believe it should have OEM in the activation code.

It probably won't work as others have stated.

If you go to: Control Panel -> System and Security -> System, at the bottom of the page it will say your activation code. If it is an OEM version of windows, I believe it should have OEM in the activation code.

found it and ya it says oem

Piratebay, duh XD

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Piratebay, duh XD

This may be intended as a joke, but pirating is against the CoC.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just buy windows. We do NOT support pirating software. End of story.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

nope, dont even know what that is, but i video edit and photoshop and render videos and play high performance games, would it be good?

Photoshop runs flawlessly on WINE (which is used to run many windows programs on Linux).

There are a good number of opensource alternatives to Video editing programs.

WINE and PlayonLinux work great for most games. Steam is natively available on Linux with an ever expanding catalogue of games.

That said, not all new games are immediately available on Linux through the above means.

Either https://www.dreamspark.com/ through your University (free, you'll need a .edu or University email for it to work) or suck it up and buy Windows. If you're not in University (high schools don't tend to have Dreamspark or MSDNAA, the older option), your only option is to buy it.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2