I dont want to pay for os :/

johnadams123412

He won't help out anyone but me since I do too much work for him X_X

so do more work for him for me :)

Or you could just work and buy the damn OS...

i do work :P dont wanna spend that much tho... im 15 lol

i do work :P dont wanna spend that much tho... im 15 lol

Well, here's your first lesson about the adult world: You don't always get what you want. But you can get what you want through sacrifice. 

Cut back on other things (whatever you spend your paycheck on) that you can do so to save up for the OS. 

That's your only real option.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Well, here's your first lesson about the adult world: You don't always get what you want. But you can get what you want through sacrifice. 

Cut back on other things (whatever you spend your paycheck on) that you can do so to save up for the OS. 

+1

I have to cut back on pre-ordering BF4 since my tablet broke X_X

\

ouch, well i dont spend my paycheck on anything direct deposit to bank, for college, you know, but only real thing im going to spend money on is computer :P

look when u build a computer one of the first things u should factor in cost wise is the OS. piracy is bad, and u dont seem to buy anything. SO JUST BUY THE OS and then dont use the computer for 2 weeks while u work to pay it off, or ask it to be ur birthday or xmas present.

Just a guy with a beard

look when u build a computer one of the first things u should factor in cost wise is the OS. piracy is bad, and u dont seem to buy anything. SO JUST BUY THE OS and then dont use the computer for 2 weeks while u work to pay it off, or ask it to be ur birthday or xmas present.

i mean i can buy it right now i have $3,000 in my debit card right now but i want to save money for college, so i don't really spend my money, but im in desperate need of a computer, i wasn't gonna pirate it... looking for alternatives. 

i mean i can buy it right now i have $3,000 in my debit card right now but i want to save money for college, so i don't really spend my money, but im in desperate need of a computer, i wasn't gonna pirate it... looking for alternatives. 

I'm afraid that if you don't like Linux, you have no alternatives. Either just get that 90 day trial or buy it. Those are your options aside from piracy which I do not advocate at all.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You don't like linux and you don't want to pay for windows? Theres only one real legal solution to that.

old-typewriter.jpg

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

You don't like linux and you don't want to pay for windows? Theres only one real legal solution to that.

old-typewriter.jpg

lol thats funny XD

I'm afraid that if you don't like Linux, you have no alternatives. Either just get that 90 day trial or buy it. Those are your options aside from piracy which I do not advocate at all.

i will just buy it lol.

lol thats funny XD

I was being serious.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

I'm pretty sure you can just download the actual ISO from the official site. How you activate it is up to you.

EDIT: Does that count as condoning piracy? 

The Arctic Demon:  i7 4770k | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F12s | (2) Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 Crossfire | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Corsair AX 850 | Samsung 840 500 GB | Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White | NZXT Hue 

Peripherals: Logitech G600 gaming mouse | Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire with Cherry MX Green Switches | QNIX QX2710 LED 2560x1440p PLS monitor | Logitech Rumblepad 2

So much hypocrisy in this thread for the sake of making a post :p come on guys... Tell the OP to save some more and be done with it.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

@legopc. Endorsing illegal actions on the forum is against the CoC.

is just meantioning it also against the CoC oh sorry i will change it 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I don't recommend this.

If I am not mistaken Windows 7 trail full version can be downloaded for free... directly from Windows servers. And i'veseen people keeping that and then continueing to download updates from Windows Update service like nobody's business.

If somebody is good at protecting their stuff, it's not Microsoft. No risk involved in downloading a free trial and it works for 120 days without a problem, then you have to buy a license right? :P

My friend wasnt able to afford Microsoft Windows and had to crack one if he wanted to play games. I told him it's silly but he didnt listen.

Now Bill Gates haunts him in nightmares.

PS I am against piracy of all kinds.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

If I am not mistaken Windows 7 trail full version can be downloaded for free... directly from Windows servers. And i'veseen people keeping that and then continueing to download updates from Windows Update service like nobody's business.

If somebody is good at protecting their stuff, it's not Microsoft. No risk involved in downloading a free trial and it works for 120 days without a problem, then you have to buy a license right? :P

My friend wasnt able to afford Microsoft Windows and had to crack one if he wanted to play games. I told him it's silly but he didnt listen.

Now Bill Gates haunts him in nightmares.

PS I am against piracy of all kinds.

yeah that will work 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

There are ways you can get it for free.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Ubuntu is the way unless your middle name is black beard ;)

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball