The Alienware 18 is Back!

asim1999

How the fuck isn't a M965M enough?

Someone who a few posts back said this to me

"First the Apple thread, now this.

You clearly don't like performance, why did you even bought an Alienware laptop instead of playing on console?"

Is now saying a less expensive laptop with less powerful hardware is sufficient so spending more is a waste. Why do you have a 980ti? A 960 is enough to run games!

Someone who a few posts back said this to me

"First the Apple thread, now this.

You clearly don't like performance, why did you even bought an Alienware laptop instead of playing on console?"

Is now saying a less expensive laptop with less powerful hardware is sufficient so spending more is a waste. Why do you have a 980ti? A 960 is enough to run games!

You still haven't explained to me where those highscool and university students are gonna game outside they own rooms. Are they gonna play CS:GO in the middle of a class or a library????

Of course I say a laptop with less performance is better, you will have more money to spend it on a desktop which is a real gaming machine.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

You still haven't explained to me where those highscool and university students are gonna game outside they own rooms.

Of course I say a laptop with less performance is better, you will have more money to spend it on a desktop which is a real gaming machine.

Anywhere they want. Who are you to say what a person should and shouldn't do. I got one so I could go to my girlfriends room and play multiplayer games with her and vice versa. Couldn't do that with a desktop. Maybe they have large breaks between classes and want to play a few games waiting. Everyone has their own needs. Don't force your shit on someone else just because you don't think it's worth it. 

Hell you didn't even show me a less expensive laptop for the price. The one Linus recommended is the exact same price as an Alienware laptop with the same specifications. 

Why does somebody need to play games at school or work?

Do you travel for work?

I can spend over a day sitting on an airplane for work. My work load is entirely tenative on if anything is broke. I play games on my laptop waiting for work to come up.

Anywhere they want. Who are you to say what a person should and shouldn't do. I got one so I could go to my girlfriends room and play multiplayer games with her and vice versa. Couldn't do that with a desktop. Maybe they have large breaks between classes and want to play a few games waiting. Everyone has their own needs. Don't force your shit on someone else just because you don't think it's worth it. 

Hell you didn't even show me a less expensive laptop for the price. The one Linus recommended is the exact same price as an Alienware laptop with the same specifications. 

Of course you could do that, who forces you to put your desktop elsewhere in you own house.

Hunging over on a freaking small screen while at the same price you could game on a 27 inch 1440P 144hz display with a real mech keyboard not a trashy one of a laptop is a big difference.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Do you travel for work?

I can spend over a day sitting on an airplane for work. My work load is entirely tenative on if anything is broke. I play games on my laptop waiting for work to come up.

No, I don't just like 99% of the people in this world.

Anyways I'm so sick tired of this fanboy bullshit. Let people buy overpriced crap it's good for the economy.

If everyone had a powerfull desktop then there would be less noobs for me to own in Battlefield 4 ;)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

No, I don't just like 99% of the people in this world.

And just like 99% of the people in this world, they will not buy Alienware.

HEY BOYS WE'VE GONE FULL CIRCLE... THRICE!

- 4690K | Z97S KRAIT | AVEXIR RAIDEN | ASUS R9 390 | EKWB | FROZENQ | AIR 540 -

Of course you could do that, who forces you to put your desktop elsewhere in you own house.

Hunging over on a freaking small screen while at the same price you could game on a 27 inch 1440P 144hz display with a real mech keyboard not a trashy one of a laptop is a big difference.

Yes it is and is why I choose to use a desktop for gaming with a 1440p display and a mechanical keyboard. However you should get off your high horse and realize not everyone wants what you do. Some people value the ability to easily move their computer to and from different places. 

And I think you missed the point. I was in college. Her room was a mile away on the other side of campus. I wasn't going to lug my Fractal Design R4 back and forth. 

And for all your hate of Apple you sound an awful lot like Steve Jobs. "I think things should be done my way and only my way. Fuck what everyone else wants and desires. Desktop! its the only way to go."

Yes it is and is why I choose to use a desktop for gaming with a 1440p display and a mechanical keyboard. However you should get off your high horse and realize not everyone wants what you do. Some people value the ability to easily move their computer to and from different places. 

And I think you missed the point. I was in college. Her room was a mile away on the other side of campus. I wasn't going to lug my Fractal Design R4 back and forth. 

And for all your hate of Apple you sound an awful lot like Steve Jobs. "I think things should be done my way and only my way. Fuck what everyone else wants and desires. Desktop! its the only way to go."

Desktop and beatiful AMOLED Samsung Galaxy Tab S with 2560x1600 display, octactore cpu, 3GB of ram for 399€. Better then all those laptops in Linus latest video.

Managed to install Windows 8.1 on it, can play CIV 5 and Medieval 2 Total War 2 and other older games on it. At just 465g

Bye, back to Witcher  Bitcher 3

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I've never understood the bashing in the first place. People can buy what they want. I want an Alienware for the road, so I bought an Alienware. I wanted a gaming desktop, so I picked the parts and put one together at home where the real demanding games are played. Then I wanted a show-case desktop, so I cut some tubes, bent them, and stuck some UV reactive fluid in them for shits and giggles. All of the above have a purpose, and they make me (the one who spent the money) happy.

That's what matters, not what others think of your purchase decision.

- 4690K | Z97S KRAIT | AVEXIR RAIDEN | ASUS R9 390 | EKWB | FROZENQ | AIR 540 -

No

Anyways I'm so sick tired of this fanboy bullshit. Let people buy overpriced crap it's good for the economy.

If everyone had a powerfull desktop then there would be less noobs for me to own in Battlefield 4 ;)

Well, if you ever get the chance to work away from home weeks at a time, you may find there is a lot of value in portability and not just specifications.

Well, if you ever get the chance to work away from home weeks at a time, you may find there is a lot of value in portability and not just specifications.

Yes but I won't still buy a laptop starting at 2499$ while my desktop at home doesn't have 4 Way 980Ti with and 5960X.

I'm not that addicted that I have to play the latest games everywhere, what's wrong with Android games and older games? Medieval 2 Total War still beats the crap out of every Total War game until now, and I don't think this looks oudated either for 2006:

2qEjZPG.jpg

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

eb6.jpg?1307463786

Yes, i'm stupid. I will now just sit back in my DX Racer chair and playing some games on my Acer XB270HU with two 980Ti's with G502 mouse and K95 RGB keyboard while some "smart people" out there play at 1080P 30FPS on their Lmaoware laptops.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Yes, i'm stupid. I will now just sit back in my DX Racer chair and playing some games on my Acer XB270HU with two 980Ti's with G502 mouse and K95 RGB keyboard while some "smart people" out there play at 1080P 30FPS on their Lmaoware laptops.

2x GTX 980 Ti.

eyes cant see more than 60FPS

you clearly got RIPPED OFF LOL

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

2x GTX 980 Ti.

eyes cant see more than 60FPS

you clearly got RIPPED OFF LOL

Did you literately just said that eyes can't see more then 60FPS while you have a BenQ XL2420Z 144Hz?

I think you forgot a big /S

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Did you literately just said that eyes can't see more then 60FPS while you have a BenQ XL2420Z 144Hz?

I think you forgot a big /S

1212_problem,_officer.jpg

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

Yeah,two 970M is the same as two 980Ti at the same pricepoint or two 980M is the same as 4 980Ti? Get out.

ugh, these topics are toxic...

no I said comparable a 970m is equal to a desktop 960 that is still relatively comparable especially considering how a few generationas ago a gtx 660m was no were near the performance of a 650ti.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

IPS 1440P 144hz bruh, now show me a laptop with that.

Even if it was 4K? How is 4K 60FPS subpar experience then 1080P 60FPS? You can build a desktop with two 980Ti's for the cheapest Alienware 18 option and still have some cash left over.

I thought this was about PORTABLES/LAPTOPS. 1440plaptops would be pretty sweet I give you that.

And 60fps on what settings? My own PERSONAL standards require games to run 45-60 min frame rates at very high - max settings with no aa on a single gpu to be considered a good/decent exp. So even on desktop it's abit iffy there.

But then again we WERE talking about laptops so point still valid. Subpar 4k gaming exp. On a pprtable/laptop

Jesus........

post-141162-0-32744800-1440741409.jpg

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

but-why.gif

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Yes but I won't still buy a laptop starting at 2499$ while my desktop at home doesn't have 4 Way 980Ti with and 5960X.

I'm not that addicted that I have to play the latest games everywhere, what's wrong with Android games and older games? Medieval 2 Total War still beats the crap out of every Total War game until now, and I don't think this looks oudated either for 2006:

Because if its not practical to own a desktop and somebody DOES want to play the latest games, then it makes sense to get one machine that can do it all

its NOT a machine aimed at everyone, its a niche market, you are not expected to understand unless it applies to you

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I thought this was about PORTABLES/LAPTOPS. 1440plaptops would be pretty sweet I give you that.

And 60fps on what settings? My own PERSONAL standards require games to run 45-60 min frame rates at very high - max settings with no aa on a single gpu to be considered a good/decent exp. So even on desktop it's abit iffy there.

But then again we WERE talking about laptops so point still valid. Subpar 4k gaming exp. On a pprtable/laptop

For me 60hz is unplayable in some games like Battlefield 4

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

For me 60hz is unplayable in some games like Battlefield 4

129fFfp0ZAMJYA.gif

129fFfp0ZAMJYA.gif

I love the ignorance of people that never experience true PC Gaming.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU