The Alienware 18 is Back!

asim1999

Right now my daily is a Toshiba Satellite Ultra book.

My still living Tank of a Alienware is a M17xR1 from 2009.

Which one would like the specs of?

I'm glad you went with the ultrabook&desktop way :D

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

This ^^^^^

Aleinware laptops are good and especaily when they are on sale.

Lol. Ever heard the fans running at idle? Trust me, only their larger laptops are good. The smaller ones cram too much into a small chassis so the cooling setup isn't as effective (Just like the 14.1" Tecra M5 and its 15.5" versions. The 14.1" version is loud even at idle while the 15.5" version is nearly silent).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I'm glad you went with the ultrabook&desktop way :D

I still use my M17xR1 from time to time. I can't really stand the keys on my ultra book to low profile and travel distance is so short that it becomes annoying after a bit

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

People should just stop the feeding. You guys already said your piece. There is a big difference from people who dont understand and from people who dont want to understand. Yeah sure micro atx is more powerful. Wait I'll just get it out of my backpack along with my keyboard, mouse, monitor and my pocket powerpoint while on a plane, a bus or wherever.

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

I still use my M17xR1 from time to time. I can't really stand the keys on my ultra book to low profile and travel distance is so short that it becomes annoying after a bit

Far to many people buy gaming laptops just to use them at prebuilds at home.

One of my friends who is kinda tech savy and knows how to build a computer eventually bought a Acer Aspire laptop with a i7/860m and was insisting that his 860m was better then my previous gpu R9 290 because he thinks "AMD is trash"

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

People should just stop the feeding. You guys already said your piece. There is a big difference from people who dont understand and from people who dont want to understand. Yeah sure micro atx is more powerful. Wait I'll just get it out of my backpackalong withe my keyboard, mouse, monitor and my pocket powerpoint while on a plane, a bus or wherever.

You play CS:GO, Battlefield and GTA V on a bus/plane/train or at work?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Just interested, what is the difference between 980ms and 980s. What I mean is, how does a laptop GPU compare to the same brand and same model desktop GPU?

One of my friends who is kinda tech savy and knows how to build a computer eventually bought a Acer laptop with a i7/860m and was insisting that his 860m was better then R9 290 because he thinks "AMD is trash"

I might buy another gaming laptop that is a good size and weight. I need something with a little more power for on the go stuff. The i3 in my ultra book feels slow as balls.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

One of my friends who is kinda tech savy and knows how to build a computer eventually bought a Acer laptop with a i7/860m and was insisting that his 860m was better then R9 290 because he thinks "AMD is trash"

If it had been an MSI laptop with an 860M it wouldn't have been as bad. I've got a friend who has his 860M running faster than even some overclocked 870M (the core frequency slider is maxed out).

PMSL

Just interested, what is the difference between 980ms and 980s. What I mean is, how does a laptop GPU compare to the same brand and same model desktop GPU?

Its normally about 25-30% slower then its desktop counter part.

|King Of The Lost|

Think of the 980m as a slightly slower version of the GTX 970.

PMSL

Lol. Ever heard the fans running at idle? Trust me, only their larger laptops are good. The smaller ones cram too much into a small chassis so the cooling setup isn't as effective (Just like the 14.1" Tecra M5 and its 15.5" versions. The 14.1" version is loud even at idle while the 15.5" version is nearly silent).

From my personal experience I've never seen anyone buying those slim Aleinware laptops ( Never seen slim Alienware laptop in store in my life ) they all buy the thick ones like the M17x and my experience has only been with the M17x. So I'm going to take your word for it.

But even their like slim/small ones are still big relative to other small/slim laptops.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Think of the 980m as a slightly slower version of the GTX 970.

If it had been an MSI laptop with an 860M it wouldn't have been as bad. I've got a friend who has his 860M running faster than even some overclocked 870M (the core frequency slider is maxed out).

Sorry it was a Asus N750JK-T4068H with a 850M and Ci7-4700HQ @ 2,4GHz with a turbo to 3.4 

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

You play CS:GO, Battlefield and GTA V on a bus/plane/train or at work?

Is gaming the only use for a computer?

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

From my personal experience I've never seen anyone buying those slim Aleinware laptops ( Never seen slim Alienware laptop in store in my life ) they all buy the thick ones like the M17x and my experience has only been with the M17x. So I'm going to take your word for it.

But even their like slim/small ones are still big relative to other small/slim laptops.

Not one of the slim models, this was an older model from around 2011-2013. One of the fat and small Alienware laptops.

PMSL

Is gaming the only use for a computer?

I'm pretty sure this is a thread on a gaming laptop which is starting at 2499$ to 4,649$.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

So the question still stands is gaming the only thing to be done on a computer yes or no?

I'm pretty sure this is a thread on a gaming laptop which is starting at 2499$ to 4,649$.

A gaming laptop that might be of some use as a portable workstation (there is a market for those).

PMSL

So the question still stands is gaming the only thing to be done on a computer yes or no?

If you aren't gaming why are you dragging a +5kg 2500$ laptop around?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

A gaming laptop that might be of some use as a portable workstation (there is a market for those).

Non gaming laptops with i7's start at 800-900$

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Non gaming laptops with i7's start at 800-900$

I know, I was looking at buying a Toshiba laptop with a GTX745 and one of the quad core mobile i7. (A friend of mine had the model I was looking at previously however-apparently the motherboards were notorious for failing in them).

PMSL

Even then, I am sure Alienware isn't the best bang for buck. Aren't you even ashamed when people see you using that thing.

I'd be ashamed being seen with any bulky gaming laptop. I mean, especially gaming on it when I'm outside. I even felt uncomfortable playing Hearthstone at the airport on my iPad.

If you aren't gaming why are you dragging a +5kg 2500$ laptop around?

Just look up, besides I do what I want with my pc. Thats why I bought it may it be gaming or not. You still didnt answer though. Yes or no? Just one word is all that it takes my man. Anyways.....

They suck because gaming laptops suck in general. You might be the 1% that REALLY needs a powerful laptop on the go.

But please don't tell me the highschool and university student needs a 3000$ "GAMING LAPTOP" just to browse Reddit, type Word documents and make PowerPoint presentation at school. Heck I'm pretty sure if I had one of those when I was in high-school I'm pretty sure it will be either stolen, broken or lost in the first couple of months.

Most people I know with those "gaming laptops" usually end up putting their laptop at home on their desk, using a external mouse and game on them like they are desktop. That's why you either buy or build a powerfull desktop for at home and buy a under 300€ ultrabook preferably a convertible for school/uni/work

-snippity-

I dunno about you, but I would much rather carry around even an 18-inch laptop than a mini-itx case, a monitor, a keyboard, a corded mouse, bundles of cables for power, ethernet, etc. Even if you only use it at a desk, a laptop is much more convenient to have around and is cheaper than having a powerful desktop computer at every key point you visit during the day. I am not going to take my heavy desktop and all its accessories to a small college dorm room without air conditioning, or to my grandparents' house that is literally two minutes driving distance because it would take too much more time and effort to stuff my desktop in the trunk of my family's van, secure it down so I don't accidentally damage anything, etc. No, I'd much rather have a portable system with the computer, screen, and keyboard all in one with a simple wireless mouse and a single power cord that can all be tucked away in a compact carrying case.

It just seems to be a reduction in hassle and I think it's nice to have such power available to you anywhere.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I dunno about you, but I would much rather carry around even an 18-inch laptop than a mini-itx case, a monitor, a keyboard, a corded mouse, bundles of cables for power, ethernet, etc. Even if you only use it at a desk, a laptop is much more convenient to have around and is cheaper than having a powerful desktop computer at every key point you visit during the day. I am not going to take my heavy desktop and all its accessories to a small college dorm room without air conditioning, or to my grandparents' house that is literally two minutes driving distance because it would take too much more time and effort to stuff my desktop in the trunk of my family's van, secure it down so I don't accidentally damage anything, etc. No, I'd much rather have a portable system with the computer, screen, and keyboard all in one with a simple wireless mouse and a single power cord that can all be tucked away in a compact carrying case.

It just seems to be a reduction in hassle and I think it's nice to have such power available to you anywhere.

What you just said is the whole point for portable gaming and workstation laptops.

PMSL