The Alienware 18 is Back!

asim1999

one I quoted was snipped for sure and I think others, maybe not only you, but part of the aruement. It's back down to 9 pages. The MC one was one that's gone from my quote 

That moderator should go and read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech

Edit: Got it, it was the comment about the crappy videoediting of that video...

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

They dont suck.. ive already made my thoughts available in the review I did, its a beast, its a great desktop replacement, would suit a university student, somebody who goes to lan etc

i visit friends a lot so I like to take it with me

I have a desktop, this is a second machine and I have a lighter laptop for when I dont want to lump it around

Here is mine

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/170701-the-alienware-m18x-review/

I feel like that is as heavy as a m-itx build

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I feel like that is as heavy as a m-itx build

it is, about 18 pounds with charger, but believe me, much more convenient. I miss having a lapop like that when I need to lug my itx machine around with a bag of cables and keyboard. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

it is, about 18 pounds with charger, but believe me, much more convenient. I miss having a lapop like that when I need to lug my itx machine around with a bag of cables and keyboard. 

but if you are going for a lan party, I feel i'd rather have a proper keyboard and screen as opposed to some 60hz bs 

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I wish they made a m-itx case with a monitor mount and handle for Lan

i'd buy that 

Unless you are going very often to LAN parties, why do you carry your mini-itx with you?

Btw there is 24 inch or so  LG monitor which you can power via USB lol

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I wish they made a m-itx case with a monitor mount and handle for Lan

i'd buy that 

2000549708.png

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Alienware is just simply overpriced. I don't understand why people don't have basic price comparison skills.

Except one thing when it's on sale:

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Lmao, and we have another person who doesn't get the point behind powerful laptops. They are priced so high because a lot more work needs to go into designing the laptop, its components (excluding the CPU, GPU and display panel-those are just bought separately). You have no clue as to how the computer industry works and how much money is actually needed to build a laptop.

My dad still has a HP Elitebook 8440P that's from the Nehalem/45NM Intel days and it still works fine. It has the proper cooling, everything still works fine, the built quality is great and comes with a lot of features. The only thing that failed was the GPU(Quadro FX1800M) but he replaced it as it had a MXM slot. 

I still have a HP Elitebook laptop with a Core 2 Duo P8600 that's running strong(needs ram/ssd upgrade). Meanwhile my sister bought a lower end HP Pavilion Sandy Bridge era laptop that only lasted 2 years before upgrading to a MPB because the Pavilion was complete shit. Keep in mind that even tho specs may not look as well, but the R&D put into the time of the higher end laptops is worth the money because of their quality and features. 

My dad still has a HP Elitebook 8440P that's from the Nehalem/45NM Intel days and it still works fine. It has the proper cooling, everything still works fine, the built quality is great and comes with a lot of features. The only thing that failed was the GPU(Quadro FX1800M) but he replaced it as it had a MXM slot. 

I still have a HP Elitebook laptop with a Core 2 Duo P8600 that's running strong(needs ram/ssd upgrade). Meanwhile my sister bought a lower end HP Pavilion Sandy Bridge era laptop that only lasted 2 years before upgrading to a MPB because the Pavilion was complete shit. Keep in mind that even tho specs may not look as well, but the R&D put into the time of the higher end laptops is worth the money because of their quality and features. 

Yes but your sister used it as a daily laptop and desktop computer.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Yes but your sister used it as a daily laptop and desktop computer.

Couldn't do shit even with 8GB upgrade, she though a SSD upgrade was useless. 

My dad used his Elitebook for 5-6 years as a daily laptop and a "desktop computer" and still working strong. 

Shows how higher price is usually higher quality. 

Couldn't do shit even with 8GB upgrade, she though a SSD upgrade was useless. 

My dad used his Elitebook for 5-6 years as a daily laptop and a "desktop computer" and still working strong. 

Shows how higher price is usually higher quality. 

Maybe, but not from ScamYourWare™

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Maybe, but not from ScamYourWare™

Well is there any better laptops at that price range?

The MPB is perfect for her, she uses it for PS, school work, and the fact everything syncs well with her devices(iPad, iPhone).

Yes i dislike MacBooks, but it was her money, i don't have any control over that.

Well is there any better laptops at that price range?

The MPB is perfect for her, she uses it for PS, school work, and the fact everything syncs well with her devices(iPad, iPhone).

Yes i dislike MacBooks, but it was her money, i don't have any control over that.

I was talking about how someone could build a 6700K/dual 980Ti system and still have money for a decent 400-500$ convertible/small laptop.

But no they need their dual 970M to type an e-mail or make a Word document.

What a time to be alive xD

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I was talking about how someone could build a 6700K/dual 980Ti system and still have money for a decent 400-500$ convertible/small laptop.

But no they need their dual 970M to type an e-mail or make a Word document.

What a time to be alive xD

Wtf?

My sister MBP just has a Broadwell CPU with Iris Pro graphics which is good for all her normal tasks and stuff. And she goes to Uni so the space and the weight is also nice too. 

Wtf?

My sister MBP just has a Broadwell CPU with Iris Pro graphics which is good for all her normal tasks and stuff. And she goes to Uni so the space and the weight is also nice too. 

Why do you keep ranting about your sister when I'm not even talking about her  -_-

And ye the MacBookPro isn't that bad if you can get a discount from your school/uni, but when you compare it to my Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10,1 which was 1000$ less then it's kinda pricy :D

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Why do you keep ranting about your sister when I'm not even talking about her  -_-

And ye the MacBookPro isn't that bad if you can get a discount from your school/uni, but when you compare it to my Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10,1 which was 1000$ less then it's kinda pricy :D

No PS..:/

But at least she got the discount and the ripoff beats headphones for free. 

No PS..:/

But at least she got the discount and the ripoff beats headphones for free. 

Lol MBP comes with beats now? Would rather use my Samsung stock earbuds then those things...

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Lol MBP comes with beats now? Would rather use my Samsung stock earbuds then those things...

Well it was the "back to school" promotion thing. 100 bucks less+free beats dosen't seem bad.

All you need to do is find some idiot to buy the beats at like 100-150 to get some money back. 

Well it was the "back to school" promotion thing. 100 bucks less+free beats dosen't seem bad.

All you need to do is find some idiot to buy the beats at like 100-150 to get some money back. 

Did she do that? I hope she didn't keep them LOL

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Did she do that? I hope she didn't keep them LOL

Nope, she wants to keep them......

:/

But she uses the Earbuds from her iPhone 6. 

Alienware is just simply overpriced. I don't understand why people don't have basic price comparison skills.

FYI some poeple don't care about price

While I personally wouldn't buy their desktops, I would happily drop $3000 on one of their laptops

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii