Official 2016 Election Discussion

HumbleMobo

I think most of the problems have been the result of one side or the other thinking the wheel needs to be reinvented. Maybe the wheel just needs it's tired inflated? Maybe a brake pad replacement? It doesn't take an overhaul to make something better, just a tune-up.

Best quote I have seen in a long time, care if I use it? Who shall I credit it to?

yeah i was kinda pissed when i found out republicans took the majority of the house, when only the previous term it was almost all democrat, if it was still almost all democrat, i feel like there would be more harmony within.

The Senate had a Democat majority, but bills need to pass BOTH houses before they can be signed into law. Lots of inter-house politics going on all the time

Yeah, Sanders is running way left, too (but he's always been way left), but when I think about the things historically, I prefer the way things worked under Democratic leadership. My mom raised my sister and me pretty much on her own. When Clinton was in office, it was much easier on her than when Bush took over. For some reason, all those policies that were intended to put money back in the common American's pocket just...didn't. Then you have all the deregulation of markets that Bush championed, culminating in the recession of 2008. These are just a couple of the things that have happened in my lifetime.

I've also been very close to both sides of the economic spectrum. I have lived in abject poverty while working with/for people who didn't look at price tags when they went shopping. The things they said about how fiscal policy "should" be were very far removed from reality.

Easy to lead an economy during times like the internet boom, etc. Which a lot of democrat presidents had the fortune of enjoying during their tenure

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I see @LinusTech is lurking. I wonder what he's got to say.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I see @LinusTech is lurking. I wonder what he's got to say.

Probably just to see if we're playing nice. Republicans aren't as mean as they say ;)

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

My preferred candidate would be Rand Paul, but he is sliding down in the polls as of late while Trump is still rising.

Honestly, Trump spells absolute trouble to me on the international scale. I don't think he will do well as a spokesperson/diplomat for the leading free-country of the world. He will definitely struggle against minority voters, because of his skills as an orator. He has extreme difficulties in sounding well-refined and calculated, as you notice in the debate. How many different ways did Trump say "I'm rich" before actually answering a question? He has no skill in avoiding offensive behavior or confrontations. You think any sensible woman, let alone, a majority of women will vote for Trump in 2016 after what he said about Rosy O' Donnell or Megyn Kelly? Or ANYTHING highly offensive he's said on social media/television about women? How about getting the minority votes? You think he appeals to black people? Mexicans?

I want Rand Paul to win because he represents the core values of the constitution. He's very conservative (not in the party sense) in his foreign policy; He believes we should stay out of conflict when conflict is avoidable, meanwhile defunding support for third world countries that obviously are very anti-American (like Pakistan for example). The only problem with him, is that on the debate floor, he doesn't sparkle in the spotlight like the other candidates like Ben Carson or Marco Rubio, and he seemed overly aggressive. But in all, his policies are pretty much in-line with the values of my generation.

But another candidate I would like to see win might just be Ben Carson. I feel like he's definitely the man that can reel-in in minority voters of America to the Republican Party for once. He's highly intelligent, and I believe he can definitely shine in a leading position. The only big negative I can see about him, is his lack of experience in foreign relations.

Third choice would probably be Marco Rubio. Then Jeb Bush, then Carly Fiorina.

Surprisingly there are a lot of women who would still vote for him, especially Republican women.

As for Rand Paul, I think the only reason he isn't a serious candidate is because he doesn't get screen time. The same thing happened with Ron Paul. They would be given a few questions, most of which absolutely useless or otherwise been answered a million times before. If they had the proper time, I think he could pull off a debate. The sad part of it all though is that the candidate has already been selected; we are just here to watch the inevitable.

(good post by the way. I really enjoyed the insight you put into it!)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

My favorite modern Republican president is Eisenhower. But that was back when the GOP platform was based more on fiscal policy than anything else. Starting in the mid 50's is when they really started running to the right on social issues. I also can't help but notice that most major financial crises were preceded by Republican president. Not to say that all Republicans cause financial crises. We had Republicans in office from '21-'33, then '69-77, then '00-'08. Of course, there are many more factors that go into a depression or recession than just who's in office.

I think most of the problems have been the result of one side or the other thinking the wheel needs to be reinvented. Maybe the wheel just needs it's tired inflated? Maybe a brake pad replacement? It doesn't take an overhaul to make something better, just a tune-up.

Reagan is my fav!  Oh my god do you see it look a little closer!  Take the 4th letter in his name, make it the 1st, take the 3rd letter in his name and make it the 2nd, take the B from republican and make it the 3rd letter in his name, now take the the last letter in his name and make it the fourth letter...this is true name, his true form and this is why you should vote republican like, fav and share with friends spread the word like nutella on your breakfast toast...

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

I actually quite liked this conversation, very much. I expecting a whole lot of bashing and, "NO TRUMP IS STUPID VOTE FOR BLAH BLAH DE BLAH" kinda stuff but nope, kept it very civilzed. Great way to kill my boredom :D

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

This.

Thank you Linus for being the forum's father. It's a hard job ;)

This.

xD such an amazing opinion btw congrats on the meet up, I heard it was successful!

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

I DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

SOOOOOO

C A N ' T     S T U M P    T H E    T R U M P

A

N

'

T

S

T

U

M

P

T

H

E

T

R

U

M

P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Best quote I have seen in a long time, care if I use it? Who shall I credit it to?

Sure. Credit it to me, because it literally just came up with it lol  I can't take credit for something that has likely been said by pretty much every independent/moderate in the country. I just haven't heard any specific person say it that I can credit it to

Easy to lead an economy during times like the internet boom, etc. Which a lot of democrat presidents had the fortune of enjoying during their tenure

I have a lot to say in response to this, but I'll save it for when I have a few hours of sleep behind me

This.

Senpai has noticed us!

Probably just to see if we're playing nice. Republicans aren't as mean as they say ;)

Not Republicans, just their Congressmen  ;)

I DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

SOOOOOO

A

N

'

T

S

T

U

M

P

T

H

E

T

R

U

M

P

you just HAD to come in like that lmao after i just said it was civilized.

I actually quite liked this conversation, very much. I expecting a whole lot of bashing and, "NO TRUMP IS STUPID VOTE FOR BLAH BLAH DE BLAH" kinda stuff but nope, kept it very civilzed. Great way to kill my boredom :D

Lol I'm so glad I started this thread and I kinda thought the same way xD plus I can't believe Linus posted on one of my threads :D *Xbox achievment notification* "Linus posts on your thread Achieved"

This.

I actually want your opinion I'm running a social experiment and I wanted to see how outsiders like you Canadians feel about these candidates. Most if not all of my Canadian friends didn't even know there was an election xD. So if you have time it would be much appreciated and I would be very grateful! C'mon I won't even post a funny Canadian stereotype, maybe, probably >.>

Yes thank you!  The rich should be able to keep their wealth because they live here and are living the American dream that everyone in our country so desires to live!  So because they are successful and they are living the American dream we are going to punish 'em?  That's not right!

Ok, but out of curiosity why should the "american dream" be unobtainable because someone happened not to win the birth lottery? Wouldn't it make more sense to provide support opportunities to lower socioeconomic groups so that they can be more productive and better support the US economy?

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Ok, but out of curiosity why should the "american dream" be unobtainable because someone happened not to win the birth lottery? Wouldn't it make more sense to provide support opportunities to lower socioeconomic groups so that they can be more productive and better support the US economy?

Also, not everybody is born into a rich family, you know. Some people have to work for their money. I mean, rich people aren't lazy, they could be very successful, but i feel like they're not working as hard for their money as the working class.

Barley. Born the year he left office. 

barley.JPG

Just had to

On topic. Can't make any educated statements on the us election candidates since i'm in sweden and nobody here seems to care yet.

As long as you guys have more luck with the election than we did over here (Our last election was a farce) i can't complain i guess.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

This is where charities come in and not the government, the government needs to stay out! Also Republicans give the most to charity, look it up. I may be below voting age but I do investigative work and campaign strategics so I know a thing or two about financial disclosure forms :P

barley.JPG

Just had to

On topic. Can't make any educated statements on the us election candidates since i'm in sweden and nobody here seems to care yet.

As long as you guys have more luck with the election than we did over here (Our last election was a farce) i can't complain i guess.

xD I almost did the same thing lol

-snip-

Just had to

On topic. Can't make any edcuated statements on the us election candidates since i'm in sweden and nobody here seems to care yet.

I am highly allergic to Barley... xD  I meant barely. 

Also, not everybody is born into a rich family, you know. Some people have to work for their money. I mean, rich people aren't lazy, they could be very successful, but i feel like they're not working as hard for their money as the working class.

Right, and I understand this. I probably could have written that first part a little better and said that it was a lot more difficult, not impossible.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

xD I almost did the same thing lol

Oh while I gotcha, out of curiosity is Sweden like Switzerland and to follow up have you been to Switzerland?

Right, and I understand this. I probably could have written that first part a little better and said that it was a lot more difficult, not impossible.

Ok you got two things, New money and old money. New money are like kids that have just made it big and are getting some serious like 6 figure paychecks. Old money is like money that is either passed down or has been earned and owned for a long time under a person. So with new money and old money you can be raised in an upper crust house but you know if you made the money and went to the tougher schools and did right you're gonna tell me we should punish 'em for it?

This is where charities come in and not the government, the government needs to stay out! Also Republicans give the most to charity, look it up. I may be below voting age but I do investigative work and campaign strategics so I know a thing or two about financial disclosure forms :P

well compared to other countries we are more charity based (looks great on job apps) wonder what the figures are if we take out big givers (rich people) coke brothers and the gates give a crap ton.

I actually want your opinion I'm running a social experiment and I wanted to see how outsiders like you Canadians feel about these candidates.  Most if not all of my Canadian friends didn't even know there was an election xD.  So if you have time it would be much appreciated and I would be very grateful!  C'mon I won't even post a funny Canadian stereotype, maybe, probably >.>

I'm Canadian, My opinion is below.

A

N

'

T

S

T

U

M

P

T

H

E

T

R

U

M

P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

This is where charities come in and not the government, the government needs to stay out!  Also Republicans give the most to charity, look it up.  I may be below voting age but I do investigative work and campaign strategics so I know a thing or two about financial disclosure forms :P

Right, I didn't actually know about the charity things, although it makes sense. I'm personally of the belief that government should be involved in supporting lower socioeconomic groups (although I am from Australia, where that's a lot more of a thing, and charities seem to be involved more with overseas work).

Garrus - HP Stream 11