Official 2016 Election Discussion

HumbleMobo

Why should the rich pay higher tax rates than the poorer people? That makes no sense, essentially what that's saying is "Fuck you, you get to pay a higher rate than people with lesser money because you worked harder in life for what you have." I'm not for tax breaks for the rich so to speak. I'm for an equal tax rate, along the lines of Rand Paul's 14% flat tax plan. All American people will pay a fair amount of tax in relation to each other. Poorer people won't be smothered, richer people won't be overtaxed.

And what racial injustice? The death of Michael Brown was justified, he tried to take Officer Wilson's weapon and he got what was coming to him. The case of Eric Garner is a little more difficult, but because someone sees that they are differently colored doesn't automatically make it a racially driven assault. If anything it's just overuse of power. The man that just got shot a few days ago as well, allegedly he drew a gun at the cops as he was getting away. The cops sense danger to them, what do you expect them to do, hug the guy? No, they're going to protect themsevles and those around them. And the reaction to these altercations is bullshit as well, if they're such peaceful and harmless people then why are they looting, stealing and burning down buildings? And no, I'm not trying to make a case of how somehow whites are better than blacks (I don't necessarily believe that), but the groups of people claiming nonviolence are doing a bad job at executing on that sense. And Bernie was laughed off of the stage by members of Black Lives Matter (such a stupid name BTW, all lives matter, none more than others.)

I never understood the argument that someone who makes more than the next person has to pay more in taxes because of it. It makes no sense. Should they be exempt from paying taxes? Hell no. But they shouldn't be punished for being successful. If a man works his ass off to make the living he does, he shouldn't be punished for it.

I know that If my neighbour opened a business and became a millionaire I wouldn't get up and demand he pay more because he could afford it. What kind of logic is that?!  :lol:

It takes more than one man with ideas to get anything done in America. President Obama has had at least one part of Congress hostile to him his entire tenure. I like the ideas he had, but a lot of the end results are a direct consequence of having to compromise with Republicans who really just wanted to trash all of his policies.

But that's because a lot of his policies and the shite he wants accomplished would destroy this nation or otherwise impair the country. For one example, Obamacare has been a disaster for the poor class especially. The guy has shown he's not capable of leading a nation...or reading the things he signs.

Not what I meant, I am fine with them not agree 100%. I mean they have to more agree with me than more not agree and most the time republicans agree on Guns, Privacy, Police, etc. But then they some shit like "Global warming in made up"  and make me say "I can't vote for that" 

I see. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. :blush:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I honestly think Obama is just a great talker who sounds great, but he rarely executes anything he says or believes in

I expected more from him even as a non-american citizen 

Amen!  He is very charismatic but he's basically a deserter :P

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

I honestly think Obama is just a great talker who sounds great, but he rarely executes anything he says or believes in

I expected more from him even as a non-american citizen 

It takes more than one man with ideas to get anything done in America. President Obama has had at least one part of Congress hostile to him his entire tenure. I like the ideas he had, but a lot of the end results are a direct consequence of having to compromise with Republicans who really just wanted to trash all of his policies.

No need to apologize :)

Amen!  He is very charismatic but he's basically a deserter :P

I feel like he gave up on America  after his start of his second term. If i have to say one thing about his presidency that was a total flop, it's gotta be Obamacare. That was a MASSIVE flop.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yeah, that's what I thought of during his first term as President

Then it continued on and on which was pretty sad to see

I never understood the argument that someone who makes more than the next person has to pay more in taxes because of it. It makes no sense. Should they be exempt from paying taxes? Hell no. But they shouldn't be punished for being successful. If a man works his ass off to make the living he does, he shouldn't be punished for it.

I know that If my neighbour opened a business and became a millionaire I wouldn't get up and demand he pay more because he could afford it. What kind of logic is that?! :lol:

xD I said the same thing there is just no logic! OH SHOOT U NO W0T!!! I JUST STARTED A SUPER CUMPENEE...wait w0ts det u say m8 I has 2 pay ppl becuz I made monies because I actually trieds?

The Irand deal I mean he freaking forgot about AMERICANS that are being held as basically like war trophies over there in prisons! Why were they not included in the deal here's your answer...Obama hates America and poor people why else would he only go to Kenya once in his presidency and mock the GOP when he's supposed to be talking about issues in AFRICA!

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Well this thread has been more productive than I thought

I feel the sides have both gone to far. I am to the point where I am not huge fans of either. 

Yeah, Sanders is running way left, too (but he's always been way left), but when I think about the things historically, I prefer the way things worked under Democratic leadership. My mom raised my sister and me pretty much on her own. When Clinton was in office, it was much easier on her than when Bush took over. For some reason, all those policies that were intended to put money back in the common American's pocket just...didn't. Then you have all the deregulation of markets that Bush championed, culminating in the recession of 2008. These are just a couple of the things that have happened in my lifetime.

I've also been very close to both sides of the economic spectrum. I have lived in abject poverty while working with/for people who didn't look at price tags when they went shopping. The things they said about how fiscal policy "should" be were very far removed from reality.

So true!  It's all the same for Democrats and don't come down on me like an abandoned home but I like Jeb, he's pretty well rounded.  He has a metric ton of experience I mean his dad and brother were presidents.  A lot of people don't like his brother, the dad was okay but Jeb has come out and said basically Jeb, is Jeb!  He's not his brother nor his dad and btw George Bush went to war because of intelligence he was given and the intelligence turned out to be false so it isn't his fault!

I haven't seen much of Jeb, so I can't really judge, but what I have seen I don't really want in my next president. The sad part is that he is going to be judged based on his brother's performance, which to be honest wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be. They always seem to forget the horrible situation George had to deal with in his terms. I personally would prefer another Bush term to the two Obama terms we have had...

xD I said the same thing there is just no logic!  OH SHOOT U NO W0T!!! I JUST STARTED A SUPER CUMPENEE...wait w0ts det u say m8 I has 2 pay ppl becuz I made monies because I actually trieds?

I'm sorry, the rest of your post is really hard for me to understand. :blush:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I feel like he gave up on America  after his start of his second term. If i have to say one thing about his presidency that was a total flop, it's gotta be Obamacare. That was a MASSIVE flop.

He broke the constitution so many friggin' times.  When he was gettin ObamaCare passed he threatened the supreme court! WHO DOES THAT WHO! Unpaid intern:  Uh sir O-Obama d-does it sir.  Me:  You're right!  You're being promoted to slightly less unpaid intern :D

Yeah, Sanders is running way left, too (but he's always been way left), but when I think about the things historically, I prefer the way things worked under Democratic leadership. My mom raised my sister and me pretty much on her own. When Clinton was in office, it was much easier on her than when Bush took over. For some reason, all those policies that were intended to put money back in the common American's pocket just...didn't. Then you have all the deregulation of markets that Bush championed, culminating in the recession of 2008. These are just a couple of the things that have happened in my lifetime.

I've also been very close to both sides of the economic spectrum. I have lived in abject poverty while working with/for people who didn't look at price tags when they went shopping. The things they said about how fiscal policy "should" be were very far removed from reality.

I have not liked any Republican since Bush Senior. But there were a lot of good republicans before that.

Yeah, that's what I thought of during his first term as President

Then it continued on and on which was pretty sad to see

yeah, it especially got worse in 2014 when Republicans took control of both houses. Hard to work with people who don't want to work with you.

Yeah and he claims he's independent and that he's the inbetweener that will break the ice. xD give me a break it's just donkey shit xD oh the puns!

I have not liked any Republican since Bush Senior. But there were a lot of good republicans before that.

You were alive for Bush Senior? That was like forever ago.

You were alive for Bush Senior?  That was like forever ago.

Barley. Born the year he left office. 

Barley. Born the year he left office. 

xD wow why are you not in guiness for the smartest baby ever LOL forming political preferences at birth ah the grow up so fast!

yeah, it especially got worse in 2014 when Republicans took control of both houses. Hard to work with people who don't want to work with you.

yeah i was kinda pissed when i found out republicans took the majority of the house, when only the previous term it was almost all democrat, if it was still almost all democrat, i feel like there would be more harmony within.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The Irand deal I mean he freaking forgot about AMERICANS that are being held as basically like war trophies over there in prisons!  Why were they not included in the deal here's your answer...Obama hates America and poor people why else would he only go to Kenya once in his presidency and mock the GOP when he's supposed to be talking about issues in AFRICA!

I think i's hilarious how the Obama administration expects Iran self-regulating themselves to turn out well. Do they not see how bad we're getting shafted there?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

xD wow why are you not in guiness for the smartest baby ever LOL forming political preferences at birth ah the grow up so fast!

I am well read, It's called being an educated voter which requires understanding the history of this country which includes Bush Seniors run in office. 

My preferred candidate would be Rand Paul, but he is sliding down in the polls as of late while Trump is still rising.

Honestly, Trump spells absolute trouble to me on the international scale. I don't think he will do well as a spokesperson/diplomat for the leading free-country of the world. He will definitely struggle against minority voters, because of his skills as an orator. He has extreme difficulties in sounding well-refined and calculated, as you notice in the debate. How many different ways did Trump say "I'm rich" before actually answering a question? He has no skill in avoiding offensive behavior or confrontations. You think any sensible woman, let alone, a majority of women will vote for Trump in 2016 after what he said about Rosy O' Donnell or Megyn Kelly? Or ANYTHING highly offensive he's said on social media/television about women? How about getting the minority votes? You think he appeals to black people? Mexicans?

I want Rand Paul to win because he represents the core values of the constitution. He's very conservative (not in the party sense) in his foreign policy; He believes we should stay out of conflict when conflict is avoidable, meanwhile defunding support for third world countries that obviously are very anti-American (like Pakistan for example). The only problem with him, is that on the debate floor, he doesn't sparkle in the spotlight like the other candidates like Ben Carson or Marco Rubio, and he seemed overly aggressive. But in all, his policies are pretty much in-line with the values of my generation.

But another candidate I would like to see win might just be Ben Carson. I feel like he's definitely the man that can reel-in in minority voters of America to the Republican Party for once. He's highly intelligent, and I believe he can definitely shine in a leading position. The only big negative I can see about him, is his lack of experience in foreign relations.

Third choice would probably be Marco Rubio. Then Jeb Bush, then Carly Fiorina.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

This is where the country is headed ey?

I don't even know what to say anymore

Relax, it's not a real person.

My favorite modern Republican president is Eisenhower. But that was back when the GOP platform was based more on fiscal policy than anything else. Starting in the mid 50's is when they really started running to the right on social issues. I also can't help but notice that most major financial crises were preceded by Republican president. Not to say that all Republicans cause financial crises. We had Republicans in office from '21-'33, then '69-77, then '00-'08. Of course, there are many more factors that go into a depression or recession than just who's in office.

I think most of the problems have been the result of one side or the other thinking the wheel needs to be reinvented. Maybe the wheel just needs it's tired inflated? Maybe a brake pad replacement? It doesn't take an overhaul to make something better, just a tune-up.

Relax, it's not a real person.

I know, but really though

The poll was supposed to be taken as serious as possible

And if Deez Nuts gets votes then he might as well be the "I'm not sure where this country is headed so screw 'murica I'm going to Canada!" option

/s