10% tax on all items online in Australia from July 1, 2017

TrigrH

10% a lot, hah, obvious american. In europe 50% of your salary is taxes and everyone is okay with that.

America has like 40 percent income tax

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

sigh i wish labor would change this when they get back in but i know they wont :( 

But earning more than twice the average american including min wage is not a factor or anything...

according to google americans on average earn 51k vs 78k in Australia.

America has like 40 percent income tax

I highly doubt it's accurate. Considering the average american makes 51k a year, the average american pays 25% in income taxes. While much richer people do have a higher % of income taxes they also tend to have much more loopholes to avoid paying taxes.

according to google americans on average earn 51k vs 78k in Australia.

I highly doubt it's accurate. Considering the average american makes 51k a year, the average american pays 25% in income taxes. While much richer people do have a higher % of income taxes they also tend to have much more loopholes to avoid paying taxes.

excluding the top 1% the average household income for the USA is around 33k vs AUS's 65k. 43% of america's wealth is held by less than 1% of it's population, so that number is way skewed.  Yes 25% income tax, but also 12.4% social security and medicare, occupational and local taxes add another 10-12% also.

Intel Core I7-4790K 4.5GHz 1.225V, NZXT Kraken x60 AIO Cooler, EVGA Z97 FTW Board, Kingston Fury 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram, EVGA GTX 980 TI SC+ ACX GPU, Corsair Air 540 Case w/ 3x120MM & 3x140MM Cougar Red LED Fans, EVGA G1 650W 80+ Gold PSU, Crucial MX100 512GB SSD, Samsung UD590 4k 60Hz Monitor

Well it's known to pretty much everyone that Australians are among the richest people in the world, so getting to pay more taxes especially on goods doesn't seem too bad to me.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Count in a tax to own a car every 6 months :-D

just for the fun of it, cheapest titan x i could find on the fly 8000 kr. thats close to 1200 usd. i believe the msrp in usa is 1000$ right? if so, allmost 20$ more here in denmark.

because car rego fees that include insurance, handling fees, and a reason not to drive like a jackass are a bad idea /sarcasm

I weep for you by paying only 20 dolllars more, blame nvidia for overpricing the item not the tax system.

Because Australia didnt like spending "only" 50% more on shit they buy, they now want to spend 60% more.

the 50% more is not a tax issue.

10% is half of what the UK has to pay in EVERY. SINGLE. PURCHASE. On top of income tax and whatever. It does not apply to books, but that is it.

our GST sales tax is lower than both europe and us in terms of general item sales tax.

half the comments on this page reek of us style tax and law is evil entitlementism...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

because car rego fees that include insurance, handling fees, and a reason not to drive like a jackass are a bad idea /sarcasm

I weep for you by paying only 20 dolllars more, blame nvidia for overpricing the item not the tax system.

our GST sales tax is lower than both europe and us in terms of general item sales tax.

half the comments on this page reek of us style tax and law is evil entitlementism...

It is when the Government is at the same time cutting back heavily on the medical system and education.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It is when the Government is at the same time cutting back heavily on the medical system and education.

because apparently simply throwing money at something makes it inherently better..(does anyone remember the apple irack sketch). The education system isnt simply fixed by money in fact i would ague more should be put in by parents(obviously means tested). as the the medical system the cutbacks are not that awful looking last time i checked(feel free to show real financial information if you want to debate that intellectually).

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

because apparently simply throwing money at something makes it inherently better..(does anyone remember the apple irack sketch). The education system isnt simply fixed by money in fact i would ague more should be put in by parents(obviously means tested). as the the medical system the cutbacks are not that awful looking last time i checked(feel free to show real financial information if you want to debate that intellectually).

Funding is needed to pay for repairs, upgrades, training, new staff, current staff, new facilities etc. I personally know of multiple schools (Primary and Secondary) that are seriously underfunded, one of them has well over $500 of repairs done because one of the buildings had corners cut barbecue there wasn't enough funding in the first place. And as for the medical system, that much funding has been removed that its affecting patient care.

PMSL

Funding is needed to pay for repairs, upgrades, training, new staff, current staff, new facilities etc. I personally know of multiple schools (Primary and Secondary) that are seriously underfunded, one of them has well over $500 of repairs done because one of the buildings had corners cut barbecue there wasn't enough funding in the first place. And as for the medical system, that much funding has been removed that its affecting patient care.

i agree schools need better stuff however most of those schools have obviously been mismanaged by state side people as well so blaming the federal gov when state govs are the ones screwing up with their management is unfair(and i still parents should be more involved with funding or doing the work...). patient care however got an unaccurate and unbiased information you would like to show me as far is i can tell people still get first world care to the best the size of facilities allow.(and doctors paychecks can be beyond greedy...)

i agree schools need better stuff however most of those schools have obviously been mismanaged by state side people as well so blaming the federal gov when state govs are the ones screwing up with their management is unfair(and i still parents should be more involved with funding or doing the work...). patient care however got an unaccurate and unbiased information you would like to show me as far is i can tell people still get first world care to the best the size of facilities allow.(and doctors paychecks can be beyond greedy...)

Mismanagement is only part of the issue (quite a few problems stem from computer systems being used well before they are ready), funding is still an important factor.

PMSL

Mismanagement is only part of the issue (quite a few problems stem from computer systems being used well before they are ready), funding is still an important factor.

well less public money needs to head to private schools overall(the high fees ones anyway). Yeah delapidation was was caused by not doing the mantenance when they should have years back and the costs now for facilies would not been as bad now. also does a primary school need top of the line facilities...i think not. my reason  being its basic stuff. High schools...need moderate facilities optimised to what their actually used for.(and im welcome for parents to pay extra if they insist on more its not easy funding schools with gov beurocracy from the state in the way)

the 6 month payment to the government has nothing to do with Insurance or anything else but a tax for owning a car. thats it. Insurance etc is another obvious cost.

Type-O on the second part, not 20$ 20%. and that is because of the tax system, not nvidia. and i am far from "weeping" i am just stating the facts because some people where mad because of a 10% tax.

the 6 month payment to the government has nothing to do with Insurance or anything else but a tax for owning a car. thats it. Insurance etc is another obvious cost.

Type-O on the second part, not 20$ 20%. and that is because of the tax system, not nvidia. and i am far from "weeping" i am just stating the facts because some people where mad because of a 10% tax.

point taken on nvida pricing.

paying the cost of having your car on the road with all the road and infrastructure related which do cost money is not that unreasonable still. you pay land rates for owning a house because ultimately the council needs money for services and rangers. 

This bugs me because i live in australia and prices are already high :( i am moving (not really)

Ye, you`d miss the bird sized insects and the occasional carpet snakes and alligators.  xD

not surprised the current goverment just has the big business in there mind, they have been going on about jobs but all the shit there doing is killing the science field

Its all about those volumetric clouds

point taken on nvida pricing.

paying the cost of having your car on the road with all the road and infrastructure related which do cost money is not that unreasonable still. you pay land rates for owning a house because ultimately the council needs money for services and rangers. 

I have absolutely no problem contributing to the infrastructure etc because i own a car. that is perfectly fair (and necessary). but i see no reason to have that high registration fee on a new car. The government wants to have modern cars on the road with as Little pollution as possible (newer cars in general have a higher safety rate as well). Great right, thats good for everyone. but with that high taxes, they only make sure that people keep their old heeps alive as long as possible. Electric cars are excempt from registration fee's, great right ! ! ! good for the invironment just as they want. And come 2016 they will have the same 105-180% registration fee as all other cars..... double standard here we come.

I am happy to pay my taxes, but some taxes are Down right stupid. ;)

I never said it was, I said that it's now 60% was.

>Country has nearly free education plus loans available for higher education

>Country has heavily government subsidized healthcare

>Country is located in APAC region where everyone is stockpiling their arsenal and we're doing the same

>Everyone looses their minds over a tax - the same as what we pay on local goods now applying to imports.

It can be worse. In 2025 we'll have to pay with our innards.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

10% a lot, hah, obvious american. In europe 50% of your salary is taxes and everyone is okay with that.

You're quite mistaken at what you think Americans pay in taxes is only 10%.  That's just sales tax.  Then there is Income tax (about 28%), perpetual Property Tax on real estate and vehicles (never stop paying tax on the same thing, year after year), and some of us are paying over 50%.  And there are all other types of hardship taxes, licensing, permits, inspections to open a business.  It's unbearable.  And democrats (the communist party) want to take more and more from working people and give to parasites who do not work.

USA went to war with England (for many reasons) but the tax increase over tea was a major contributor which was less than a 1% increase.

The American people, now, and people all over the world, have been duped into thinking that working for 6 months out of the year (January 1st to June 30th) exclusively for the government, is normal and okay.  You don't get to keep a penny of what your worked for until July 1st.

It's called STUPID on behalf of the people.  And TYRANNY on behalf of the rulers.

Who can blame them, though?  They've got millions and millions of stupid suckers brainwashed.  They sit back in the elitist seats, use armies and weapons paid for by the stupid people, to beat into submission the stupid people.  They got it made!

Any questions?  Just ask me.

You're quite mistaken at what you think Americans pay in taxes is only 10%.  That's just sales tax.  Then there is Income tax (about 28%), perpetual Property Tax on real estate and vehicles (never stop paying tax on the same thing, year after year), and some of us are paying over 50%.  And there are all other types of hardship taxes, licensing, permits, inspections to open a business.  It's unbearable.  And democrats (the communist party) want to take more and more from working people and give to parasites who do not work.

USA went to war with England (for many reasons) but the tax increase over tea was a major contributor which was less than a 1% increase.

The American people, now, and people all over the world, have been duped into thinking that working for 6 months out of the year (January 1st to June 30th) exclusively for the government, is normal and okay.  You don't get to keep a penny of what your worked for until July 1st.

It's called STUPID on behalf of the people.  And TYRANNY on behalf of the rulers.

Who can blame them, though?  They've got millions and millions of stupid suckers brainwashed.  They sit back in the elitist seats, use armies and weapons paid for by the stupid people, to beat into submission the stupid people.  They got it made!

Any questions?  Just ask me.

Uuuuhhmmm... Did you just call the Democrats communists? - WUT?

I am not doubting the tax thing, and I do not know enough about USA (or national economics) to say what is best, but uhmm... The democrats are not communists, socialliberalists - maybe.

Uuuuhhmmm... Did you just call the Democrats communists? - WUT?

I am not doubting the tax thing, and I do not know enough about USA (or national economics) to say what is best, but uhmm... The democrats are not communists, socialliberalists - maybe.

I'm not just name-calling.  The democrats are truly too stupid to realize that they are voting for communism and have adopted all the ideals of the communist party.  I just posted in the "Off Topic" thread the 10 planks of Karl Marx, so you can go read the truth there, and hopefully "see".