will people please stop using the word cancer....

arronleeds

oh go away you little troll.

Also you seem to need to miniaturize things around you to feel bigger , better than them . I'd suggest a long pause of internet and a cup of calm the fuck down.

not the point though, if your mum for example died of cancer, would you still use it to describe stuff?

If I felt like it, yes.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

Aren't you peojecting a little ? Feeling insecure about your maturity can be cancer to your social attidude .

perfect example of someone saying it to offend me.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

but why should i give respect if others dont respect me? its no good saying "to get respect from others you have to give respect", it works both ways.

Someone has to start it. There is no saying that goes like: "disrespect those that disrespect you".

Maybe if you were to respond in a more civil way, they would be able to convey their point of view to you without using sarcasm or jokes.

Just the way you are responding to people on here, just asks for people to disrespect you.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

says one of the ones arguing, lel.

I never said I wasn't... I just said it's turned into an argument..... lel :/

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Someone has to start it. There is no saying that goes like: "disrespect those that disrespect you".

Maybe if you were to respond in a more civil way, they would be able to convey their point of view to you without using sarcasm or jokes.

Just the way you are responding to people on here, just asks for people to disrespect you.

you're just making it even worse, i have tried to be civil  and people are putting smarky comments aimed towards me.

read the thread.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

*grabs popcorn*

It's a word with multiple meanings... I mean even Jose motherf*cking Rizal has a novel that has an English translation titled "The Social Cancer" (ref: http://www.britannica.com/topic/The-Social-Cancer)

"Grow up little kid"

I don't insult first.

because of a smarky comment......

@arronleeds  Why do you get offended?  If stupidtiy (like:  "I hope you die of cancer") leads you to thinking that the word cancer is the problem in that statement, you really have to assess your viewpoint.  It is the intent to be hurtful to another individual that is the problem, not the word cancer.

Look, I lost my father to a brain tumor at 12... I don't blink twice at the use of a word like cancer being used to describe something bad.  I assume you are young (<20).  The evident nature of others to be "stupid", and even your own stupidity, is going to bother you your whole life... you are really going to have to learn to deal with it productively.  Don't try to control what is not in your control... which is almost everything other than yourself.

you're just making it even worse, i have tried to be civil  and people are putting smarky comments aimed towards me.

read the thread.

I did. People were just joking around a bit and you decided to 'personally' 'attack' them (as opposed to just joking around about a subject) by calling people immature, kid, troll, etc.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I am going to offend now, no wonder half of you have no social life, the way you talk and use the word cancer is appalling and i can see why people wouldn't want to be around you.

Listen. IM sorry.

But that isnt the only meaning of cancer...

post-53826-0-74904600-1439381293.png

post-53826-0-74904600-1439381293.png

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Cancer(ous) is a term with multiple meanings attributed to it, while I can agree it is often misued where not necessary to expect people to stop using the word because it insults you as an indivual is just not going to happen.

I suggest you use an extension like word replacer to change cancer into another word if you do not wish to read it for personal reasons.

I am going to offend now, no wonder half of you have no social life, the way you talk and use the word cancer is appalling and i can see why people wouldn't want to be around you.

Ok guys I think he is just a troll. He isn't serious

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

Omg I am so offended right now.

Oh wait no. I don't get offended that easily.

@arronleeds  Why do you get offended?  If stupidtiy (like:  "I hope you die of cancer") leads you to thinking that the word cancer is the problem in that statement, you really have to assess your viewpoint.  It is the intent to be hurtful to another individual that is the problem, not the word cancer.

Look, I lost my father to a brain tumor at 12... I don't blink twice at the use of a word like cancer being used to describe something bad.  I assume you are young (<20).  The evident nature of others to be "stupid", and even your own stupidity, is going to bother you your whole life... you are really going to have to learn to deal with it productively.  Don't try to control what is not in your control... which is almost everything other than yourself.

i got offended because i asked nicely if people would stop using it, but then everyone starts trying to take the fucking piss with their smarky comments, trying to make me look like a joke and you think im not going to get offended? jesus christ.

i got offended because i asked nicely if people would stop using it, but then everyone starts trying to take the fucking piss with their smarky comments, trying to make me look like a joke and you think im not going to get offended? jesus christ.

I am a Catholic and I am offended by your using of Our Lord's name in vain.

(We can play this game all you want kid... People can find anything offensive if they wanted to...)

Ok guys I think he is just a troll. He isn't serious

more serious than your pathetic excuse of a  reply.

I am a Catholic and I am offended by your using of Our Lord's name in vain.

good.

im sure your "lord" wouldnt respect you using the word in vain either.

then why are you not listening to the people with facts

Listen. IM sorry.

But that isnt the only meaning of cancer...

attachicon.giflook.png

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

it's better then your canerous repies

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

Honestly dude if you give a reaction like this, people are just going to fuck with you.

I know how much it can suck to lose someone close to cancer.  But remember not everyone has that outlook on the word, and from their perspective they are just using it like the definition posted above.

You need to realize you're not the center of the universe and that words can have different meanings/context to different people.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

it's better then your canerous repies

the grammar is strong in this one.

Oh , i love where this is going ..

good.

im sure your "lord" wouldnt respect you using the word in vain either.