the apple headphones are f**king amazing!

via

ok i take back some of the apple hating i didin an earlier post. i was done gaming so i took off my $80 Linx Audio headphones and sat in bed and wanted to listen to some music so i pulled those "apple ear pods" out of a drawer. i am.. shocked.. they are amazing. how on earth do they have such a good sound out of $15 earbuds?? the bass is great too! not to mention they are super light weight and comfy. they give them away with all their products which take some of the edge off the fact that they sell garbage. i am never going back to those other headphones. 

apple_earbuds01.jpg

note - i am talking about the latest version that ships with the iphone 6 or similar, the older ones are shit so ive heard.

EVGA GTX 970 - i5 4460 - Enthoo Pro M

And they kick the shit out of my Logitech G230 headset-which is substantially more expensive (I got the earpods with my iPod Nano 7th gen-which replaced a semi dead 4th gen with its shitty buds)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Dude Ive been using mine for 2 years and I keep saying theyre awesome and people come at me and say "you prick you obviously havent heard real sound and youve clearly never used real headphones"

Like ffs hop off theyre good.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

No need to censor

Well that's why they cost 30$+

I love mine

They've updated them since the 5s? The ones that came with it were pretty bad honestly. Felt uncomfortable and fell out of my ears. Maybe I was doing it wrong. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Honestly they sound godly, but dont fit my ears right and wont stay in. I always told people if they fit right go with them, as they are the best sounding headphones for the money I have tried. 

They've updated them since the 5s? The ones that came with it were pretty bad honestly. Felt uncomfortable and fell out of my ears. Maybe I was doing it wrong. 

I dont remember seeing the side port on the older "new" style of apple earbuds. like my biggest gripe, the size and such of them, but the sound quality is amazing. 

I prefer the samsung ones. I have the iphone 6 and the samsung gS6.

applesamsungearphones.jpg?itok=HgxdROSZ

They cost more than 15$ on theior won, but I do love mine. Not the greatest headphones, but they certainly don't sound bad like some cheap ones, in the way that makes them headache inducing. 

The shape is just great for me though. I can't really get anything to stay in my ear, regardless of cup size unless they are your traditional round earbuds, so that elimitaes pretty much most high end earbud options for me. 

The shape on these cheap apple ones though, just....perfect. Wearing them right now on my phone actually. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Yeah, I know tons of people who use them, they stay in the ears, great for biking, and working out, but don't have the annoying silicone/plastic bands around them like tons of sport earbuds do.

I like good humans and good food

I do admit, they are one of the best ear(pods?) you can get for that price.

I still much prefer my earbuds with memory foam tips. errmagrrd amazing.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

I agree. They're the best open earbuds (without the soft pad thingies) that I've ever used. When I first tried them I thought they were going to sound like the old Apple earbuds but I was more then surprised at how big of an improvement they are.

"Rawr XD"

They cost more than 15$ on theior won, but I do love mine. Not the greatest headphones, but they certainly don't sound bad like some cheap ones, in the way that makes them headache inducing. 

The shape is just great for me though. I can't really get anything to stay in my ear, regardless of cup size unless they are your traditional round earbuds, so that elimitaes pretty much most high end earbud options for me. 

The shape on these cheap apple ones though, just....perfect. Wearing them right now on my phone actually. 

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=apple+earpods&tbm=shop

EVGA GTX 970 - i5 4460 - Enthoo Pro M

I've used the Apple earbuds and compared to my AKG K553 Pro, they sound terrible - but I gotta admit - those earbuds sound amazing for their price. I also find them extremely comfortable for some odd reason. Obviously a pair of headphones that's more than $100 USD is going to sound better than those things, but I'm not comparing them head-on. Definitely agree with OP that they sound pretty good.

(just as a personal side note though: I find that the bass on those earbuds is way too overpowered and I can barely hear any of the mids)

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

ok i take back some of the apple hating i didin an earlier post. i was done gaming so i took off my $80 Linx Audio headphones and sat in bed and wanted to listen to some music so i pulled those "apple ear pods" out of a drawer. i am.. shocked.. they are amazing. how on earth do they have such a good sound out of $15 earbuds?? the bass is great too! not to mention they are super light weight and comfy. they give them away with all their products which take some of the edge off the fact that they sell garbage. i am never going back to those other headphones. 

note - i am talking about the latest version that ships with the iphone 6 or similar, the older ones are shit so ive heard.

I have been parading these earphones for a while...

Good sound quality, great in-line mic and sound controls, and they are pretty durable.

System: Thinkpad T460

They're definitely good for what they are. Hardly amazing, though. I prefer my bass without 10% harmonic distortion.

They certainly aren't bad especially for being included headphones. The sound isolation for me is too poor and I can't get a good enough seal to attain the lower end. Personally, I prefer IEMs even the cheap ones when I'm lifting and I have a pair of over ears for any listening that I do at home.

is it those ones ? http://www.apple.com/fr/shop/product/MD827/%C3%A9couteurs-apple-earpods-avec-t%C3%A9l%C3%A9commande-et-micro?fnode=79

It's funny because in the description, in "Strenghts", they listed "Made by apple" haha ! 

i already used them once and i have good memories, i'm thinking about buying some to use with my computer / next android phone, because i can right ?

The Apple Earpods have a really small soundstage, will persistently fall out of your ears and are way too quiet. No, they are not fucking amazing.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

The Apple Earpods have a really small soundstage, will persistently fall out of your ears and are way too quiet. No, they are not fucking amazing.

Small soundstage: so does every other in ear for $30, and I would wager that they have a larger sound stage than most (since, you know, they are actually sort of open backed...) 

Fall out of your ears, maybe, not most peoples. That's a very personal complaint, and there is no getting around the fact that they fit far better than the old ones. 

Too quiet: I don't believe you, unless they are defective, you have poor hearing, or you love super loud music. For any of those, other than defective (in which case, just get them replaced) get an amp. Then they certainly will not be too quiet. 

Edit: They have a sensitivity of 109DB/(?) which should be more than enough for any normal person on just about any device. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

You don't have the earpods in far enough.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL