Does this type of HDMI Passthrough exist?

weeurey

Basically you stick it in a PCI-E slot and plug a HDMI device in(Such as a Playstation 4) and your device will output on your screen through your PC (In full HD) so you can alt tab out of your device to check your emails and such. Just wondering if it exists xD

Asrock has something called HDMI-in on their mobos. It provides the same functionality you mentioned.

So yup.

You need an Asrock mobo, obviously.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Basically you stick it in a PCI-E slot and plug a HDMI device in(Such as a Playstation 4) and your device will output on your screen through your PC (In full HD) so you can alt tab out of your device to check your emails and such. Just wondering if it exists xD

You could get a full HDMI Capture Card, some of them have passthru, but it would not be a good experience in the way you'd like. I imagine there would be a TON of latency.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

theres capture cards, not sure if they're going to be latency free tho.

You can get an HDMI switch box, then plug you computer and play station into that. Then instead of alt-tab you tap the button to switch inputs....

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

This is the switch I use from monoprice, you will never need the remote for console use as it is somewhat smart. If you are using the pc and it detects you have turned the ps4 on it will automatically switch to the input and when you turn it off as long as the pc is on it will switch back. Not a perfect solution but gets the job done. 

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011001&p_id=8202&seq=1&format=2

You could get a full HDMI Capture Card, some of them have passthru, but it would not be a good experience in the way you'd like. I imagine there would be a TON of latency.

probably about 2 seconds.

Unless your Carey-Holzman, and some how you figure out how to freaking just make latency walk-a-way when you scam a scammer.

Capture card? And isn't PS3/4 equip with browser?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Capture card? And isn't PS3/4 equip with browser?

Capture card usually introduces a second or so of Lag. Totally fine for capturing footage, but makes it useless for playing games.

The PS3 and 4 have browsers, but I do not believe they allow an "alt+tab" like experience. You'd have to exit the game, open the browser, then restart the game.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Capture card usually introduces a second or so of Lag. Totally fine for capturing footage, but makes it useless for playing games.

The PS3 and 4 have browsers, but I do not believe they allow an "alt+tab" like experience. You'd have to exit the game, open the browser, then restart the game.

On the PS4 you can use the browser without closing a game.

the OP has a neat idea... it would be cool to have a different device output to a window inside of an OS. 

someone should do that.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Not true. Very little latency on cap cards or at least the Avermedia live gamer hd. I used mine for a while like that. It's pretty neat. 

Lol... that makes gaming in consoles even worse than it already is. Origin has had browser in-game since launch.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv