CBS Blocks Online Subscribers from Watching Their Content if They Use Time Warner

EChondo

http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/cbs-fires-back-at-time-warner-by-cutting-off-web-access-to-shows/

In response to Time Warner cutting off access to CBS in a few major markets today, CBS has retaliated against Time Warner Internet subscribers by blocking access to popular CBS shows currently available to watch on CBS.com. When Time Warner Internet subscribers in the affected areas attempt to reach full episodes of shows like Big Brother and The Big Bang Theory on CBS.com, an overlay appears on the screen in order to encourage subscribers to call Time Warner and request that CBS be returned to the Time Warner lineup of channels.

Regarding the lack of Web access to CBS shows, Time Warner representatives are calling out CBS’s move as an abuse of power specifically stating “CBS has shown utter lack of regard for consumers by blocking Time Warner Cable’s customers, including our high-speed data only customers, from accessing their shows on their free website. CBS enjoys the privilege of using public owned airwaves to deliver their programming – they should not be allowed to abuse that privilege.”

Thank God I don't have Time Warner! Or watch CBS!

Does this affect any of you out there? If it does, what is your opinion?

I have Time Warner but to be completely honest I don't watch my TV much at all. I only care for the internet. My TV is always on but I never pay much attention to it it is usually on HBO or Starz.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

poor TW people :(

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Time Warner is that whiney brat that bullies everyone then can't take what they dish out.

CBS is a huge pile of stupidity.

they both suck that's why I watch netflix

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I actually work for Time Warner Cable here in NY, I really dont agree with what CBS is doing or TWC. But CBS is going to kill their own customer relations by basically boycotting TWC customers who have had nothing to do with anything. They are the victims really.

you cannot watch their shows (league) online and from CBS.com only stupid extra stuff.

PC : i7-3820 @ 4.3 GHz | Patriot Viper 3 Black Mamba 16 GB @ 2133MHz | Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI Windforce 3X | Gigabyte X79-UD5 | OCZ Vector 128 GB (Died) | WD Black 1TB |  | Asus Xonar DGX | Antch P280 | Asus PA238QR & NEC PA271w | LG 1440x900 Monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Cherry MX Brown) | Corsair M60 | Blue Snowball | Sennheiser HD 439 | IKEA Kitchen Table 

Basically another case of two companies who each want the people to rally behind them when the reality is that they are using their subscribers/viewers as pawns. 

I actually work for Time Warner Cable here in NY, I really dont agree with what CBS is doing or TWC. But CBS is going to kill their own customer relations by basically boycotting TWC customers who have had nothing to do with anything. They are the victims really.

It is indeed sad when companies squabble, it only hurts the consumer, then both companies lose customers.

Everyone loses in this sense.

It is indeed sad when companies squabble, it only hurts the consumer, then both companies lose customers.

Everyone loses in this sense.

give it time. Both companies will execute a public apology at some point after they realize just how stupid they were. (usually happends when companies see losses in their bank accounts.)

I live in Canada, so I'm not a TWC customer, but here is my opinion:

They are both dumbasses. The only loser here is the Customer.

TWC were being bitches because CBS wanted more money for their shows, and instead of negotiating, they cut-off CBS all together.

CBS are being whiny brats, because when they got cut-off, they boycotted TWC Internet customers from their free online videos.

As a customer, what would this make me want to do? Stop watching CBS AND get a new ISP. I'd tell both companies to go fuck themselves. Unfortunately in many areas, TWC is the only option, or the alternative is so abysmally outdated that TWC becomes the only practical option.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It says they are retaliating to the company, but it is their customers that they are really hurting.

they are doing this because, just like when they were fighting with Viacom, Time Warner was basically telling their customers that they werent going to come to a deal because you could just watch the shit online anyway, so why should they have to pay for it?

They both need to just stop and actually try to improve their businesses by bringing them into the 21st century. TW literally gets into a fight with every network when they have to renew their contracts.

My mind is constantly blown from hearing about all the shitty warlike corporate shenanigans that apparently are legal in that backwards country.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

they are doing this because, just like when they were fighting with Viacom, Time Warner was basically telling their customers that they werent going to come to a deal because you could just watch the shit online anyway, so why should they have to pay for it?

they should pay because TWC over charges its customers 10 fold anyways. It isn't costing them anything the customer pays for it all. As a matter of fact TWC just raised its modem rental lease to 5.99 from 4.99. multiply that by a few million.

they should pay because TWC over charges its customers 10 fold anyways. It isn't costing them anything the customer pays for it all. As a matter of fact TWC just raised its modem rental lease to 5.99 from 4.99. multiply that by a few million.

thats why cbs cut twc subscribers off, so twc couldnt use that excuse to not pay up

Poor people with TW can't watch NFL on CBS anymore. That's sad lol

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Poor people with TW can't watch NFL on CBS anymore. That's sad lol

id be more upset but, being a bills fan, cutting 4 hours of sadness out of my life is probably healthy

id be more upset but, being a bills fan, cutting 4 hours of sadness out of my life is probably healthy

Heard Kolb got injured walking to practice from slipping on a wet matt. lol Rough.

I'm a Cardinals fan though so all of our games are on Fox anyway ;)

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Heard Kolb got injured walking to practice from slipping on a wet matt. lol Rough.

I'm a Cardinals fan though so all of our games are on Fox anyway ;)

yes he did, it was the most Bills thing to happen so far this off season. 

yes he did, it was the most Bills thing to happen so far this off season. 

Glad we dumped him and picked up Carson. lol.

I think the Bills will be fine, with Pats being questionable, and the dolphins looking terrible. Emmanuel is a stud

Glad we dumped him and picked up Carson. lol.

I think the Bills will be fine, with Pats being questionable, and the dolphins looking terrible. Emmanuel is a stud

EJ is going to be awful if he even starts. The Pats are never actually questionable, so long as tom brady is still around I have zero confidence in beating them (it's happened like 2-3 times his whole career, and we play them twice a year so thats a loses) and the dolphins will probably be better than they were last year. 

-Bills fan

EJ is going to be awful if he even starts. The Pats are never actually questionable, so long as tom brady is still around I have zero confidence in beating them (it's happened like 2-3 times his whole career, and we play them twice a year so thats a loses) and the dolphins will probably be better than they were last year. 

-Bills fan

Haha just trying to raise the optimism. I remember Tom Brady taking his team to the playoffs and superbowl by himself for years lol. At least you guys didn't have the worst Oline & running game in the league for like 2-3 years straight