Russia hacked into the Pentagon’s email system

jos

Russia has launched a “sophisticated cyberattack” against the Pentagon’s Joint Staff unclassified email system — an attack which led the military to shut down the system for nearly two weeks.

According to the officials, the intrusion occurred sometime around July 25 and affected about 4,000 military and civilian personnel who work for the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

The officials said the suspected Russian hackers coordinated the cyber attack via social media accounts. It's not clear whether the attack was sanctioned by the Russian government or was the work of individuals.

It appears the cyberattack relied on some kind of automated system that rapidly gathered massive amounts of data and within a minute distributed all the information to thousands of accounts on the Internet. The officials also report the suspected Russian hackers coordinated the sophisticated cyberassault via encrypted accounts on social media.

I guess us will do a counter offensive hack to russia, The question is will it make to news like this one...how Is government sanctioed hacks considered as terorism or war?

Source: http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/cyberattack-pentagons-joint-staff-emails-take-system-offline-n405321

ok was it Russia or someone in Russia.

and they don't even know for sure.

they could be lieing to us again like 9/11

i really don't believe what ever the gov says anyway.

2913494921_3425515300_its_a_conspiracy_x

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

This whole cyberwarfare is a bit difficult to understand. You could define many things as cyberwarefare. For instance the NSA monitoring of everything that happens on the internet and therefore on what your Russian people do on it could be defined as sort of an attack on the Russian cyberspace.

And it is of course also important to know who actually made them attack.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

It's not clear whether the attack was sanctioned by the Russian government or was the work of individuals.

Should probably change the title to 'Russians', rather than Russia. 

If its anything like the bombers they've been sending near the UK airspace to force us to scramble our fighters, its just russia pushing buttons and trying to provoke something imho. but what do i know, im only a dev :D

2913494921_3425515300_its_a_conspiracy_x

Isn't the U.S. And China doing cyberwarfare as well...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

But hey, there's not much to worry about, the US has and loves encryption, right? /s

http://webm.land/media/VRJv.webm

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.