People's thoughts on vanilla windows 10.

Codymm03

What are people's thought on dual screen windows 10 without surround.

wut

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Does having a second screen drastically change the experience compared to having a second screen with any of the older operating systems?

surround? I have 5 screens but they don't surround me...

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Does having a second screen drastically change the experience compared to having a second screen with any of the older operating systems?

It's about the same as Windows 8, which is a bit different from Windows 7

Actually with the virtual desktop feature it makes having just one screen, like on a laptop on the go, a LOT less frustrating if you bind the shortcut to a mouse button.

muh specs 

All parts black

nividia surround

nividia surround

Oh........I don't span windows across screens, so I've never left that on?

muh specs 

All parts black

Nvidia surround works fine. No problems except the taskbar has to be spanned across all or else the start menu isn't in the right place.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

pics? this i wanna see.

askdjfasdf

Its just the same as win8. I still need display fusion xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I'm with everyone else, what are you wanting to know?  Such a underdeveloped thought.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I don't like it, because it taste like chocolate! I wanted vanilla!  :angry:

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

7 & 8

Nvidia surround works fine. No problems except the taskbar has to be spanned across all or else the start menu isn't in the right place.

How bout with out

pics? this i wanna see.

It's a mess, I'm actually moving my stuff preparing to leave town soon. I have one 2560x1440 xstar korean screen, an older 23 inch 1080p screen to the right, both mounted, and two 5:4 1280x1024 screens, a 1440x900 screen, all sloppily placed all over: I don't wanna mount them as I want to get more Korean monitors instead, and My mounted TV, 24 inch. It's not impressive- it's really ghetto actually. The TV and one of the 5:4 screens are on the intel igpu. I didn't count the TV since I just have it connected to watch stuff on it from my PC sometimes. 

muh specs 

All parts black

How bout with out

It's pretty neat. It treats each monitor as a separate desktop and the snapping works for each individual monitor.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

It's pretty neat. It treats each monitor as a separate desktop and the snapping works for each individual monitor.

that's probably one of my favorite changes there, in my eyes that was always flaw since 7 

muh specs 

All parts black

that's probably one of my favorite changes there, in my eyes that was always flaw since 7 

Ok good you guys like it and that is very annoying.

I've found the switch was quite good.

2 issues I've found is sometimes audio doesnt play through my odac, I just go into the settings and select everything again and it works.

and youtube videos are buggy? takes longer to load, video freezes tried it on chrome and firefox

impressed my professional applications didnt have a fit.

9/10 would download again

Edit: oh yeah they fixed window snapping - I used to use that heaps until it got broken in windows 7

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I've found the switch was quite good.

2 issues I've found is sometimes audio doesnt play through my odac, I just go into the settings and select everything again and it works.

and youtube videos are buggy? takes longer to load, video freezes tried it on chrome and firefox

impressed my professional applications didnt have a fit.

9/10 would download again

Edit: oh yeah they fixed window snapping - I used to use that heaps until it got broken in windows 7

Ok