[Mini-News] Metal Gear Solid V will be bundled with Nvidia graphics cards

Bouzoo

This was leaked on Reddit and confirmed on Newegg, and it will replace the current Batman: Arkham Knight bundle. It is not known yet what GPUs are at talk, but you can bet it'll be top end cards. Seems Nvidia is getting all the good bundles nowadays.

This is what Newegg support wrote:

“Hi everyone! We had a little slip up and posted this deal ahead of schedule. It is not currently available, but stay tuned, it will be soon! Newegg Support -Tori”

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain releases on September 1st for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and on PC on September 15.

With all Konami stuff going on atm, this actually comes to me as a surprise. Do you like this? Yay or nay?

Source

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Yay so another game that will be shit on AMD gpus...

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Now that's a bold statement considering that Arkham Knight (and few other games for that matter) ran bad or everything except consoles. It may happen but it may not as well, no evidence for anything yet.

I should have just waited on buying a 970... *Looks at Arkham Knight*

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Now that's a bold statement considering that Arkham Knight (and few other games for that matter) ran bad or everything except consoles. It may happen but it may not as well, no evidence for anything yet.

Withcher 3 was developed with Nvidia which ment that some of the features ran like crap on AMD cards.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

“Hi everyone! We had a little slip up and posted this deal ahead of schedule. It is not currently available, but stay tuned, it will be soon! Newegg Support -Tori”

Doesn't sound so convincing that there was anything unintentional about the timing. >.>

Withcher 3 was developed with Nvidia which ment that some of the features ran like crap on AMD cards.

And the same features ran like crap on NV cards (960 beating the 780? Right), so that game is not the best example (also 1 example means nothing), anyone can beat 1 bad port with dozen good ones. Let's just wait shall we?

You can't conclude that at once

Ports are unpredictable these days

all we need to do is wait

I always love to see developers working closely with Nvidia

Expect -15fps on equivalently performing AMD cards, and tons of gameworks features nobody asked for

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

30 FPS and GameWorks confirmed. Maybe that's why Hideo Kojima left :lol:  :lol:

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

You can't conclude that at once

Ports are unpredictable these days

all we need to do is wait

Yes they are, but why do they need to be?

Why do we need to have one GPU manufacturer making proprietary tech and handing it to devs so that it crushes the competition? Everybody says AMD GPUs are crap because they didn't ran Witcher 3, Project CARS etc.(nVidia "optimized titles") well. There were only two or three unbiased people that pointed out the fact that those games ran like crap on Kepler as well, but nVidia is life riiiight...

I agree they might be the better manufacturer, offering better performance at a lower power consumption, thus less heat, but when it comes to drivers and software(except shadowplay) they are worse than AMD.

Should I remind the GTX 700 Witcher fiasco? That wasn't CDPR's fault, it was nVidia's, because it was their own locked code powering the game. I would go as far as saying that they did it on purpose, so that GTX 700 users might want to upgrade to GTX 900 series.

Also I heard people having to switch drivers daily, because a driver optimized for say ... GTA V would not allow you to play Witcher 3(just an example)... I had a friend with a laptop that needed to switch drivers in order to play WoT, SA:MP etc.

Anyways...I'm not trying to bring hate over nVidia, nor glory to AMD, they are like... the same, with the exception of AMD being rather friendly to open source ideas and projects.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

Yes they are, but why do they need to be?

Why do we need to have one GPU manufacturer making proprietary tech and handing it to devs so that it crushes the competition? Everybody says AMD GPUs are crap because they didn't ran Witcher 3, Project CARS etc.(nVidia "optimized titles") well. There were only two or three unbiased people that pointed out the fact that those games ran like crap on Kepler, but nVidia is life riiiight...

I agree they might be the better manufacturer, offering better performance at a lower power consumption, thus less heat, but when it comes to drivers and software(except shadowplay) they are worse than AMD.

Should I remind the GTX 700 Witcher fiasco? That wasn't CDPR's fault, it was nVidia's, because it was their own locked code powering the game. I would go as far as saying that they did it on purpose, so that GTX 700 users might want to upgrade to GTX 900 series.

Also I heard people having to switch drivers daily, because a driver optimized for say ... GTA V would not allow you to play Witcher 3(just an example)... I had a friend with a laptop that needed to switch drivers in order to play WoT, SA:MP etc.

Anyways...I'm not trying to bring hate over nVidia, nor glory to AMD, they are like... the same, with the exception of AMD being rather friendly to open source ideas and projects.

It's called competition

Without it companies will slack off and forget their own products and drive a monopoly of products to start

Without competition will not push for better products, we might not like it but that's how companies work

And nobody hates AMD on these forums, unless there are that hide in the shadows

And nobody hates AMD on these forums, unless there are that hide in the shadows

Ho ho  :lol:  What forums have you been to? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Ho ho  :lol:  What forums have you been to? 

More of the GPU department

The CPU is Intel land as expected 

I just like AMD for the GPUs

More of the GPU department

The CPU is Intel land as expected 

I just like AMD for the GPUs

I have to agree, people just say "intel for everything even if it means getting a gtx 210 to afford it" and "AMD drivers are shit" or "AMD heat problems"

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

another nail in amd's coffin

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

PCT5gLr.jpg

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Nvidia-sponsored games either run bad on AMD or run bad/performance hog on both AMD Nvidia, there never seem to be a good news about it apart from getting the game for free if you buy a new GPU.

I don't care about AMD or Nvidia but every time I see a game that is "Nvidia sponsored" I shudder. On the otherhand AMD's "Gaming Evolved" titles and even Intel sponsored (e,g, Codemasters' FI and Grid series) games actually run very well.

Recent Nvidia sponsored games:

Arkham Knight

AC: Unity

AC: Black Flag

Project Cars

Witcher 3 (it does look good though)

Call of Duty Ghost

Arkham Origins

etc

etc

These games above is either broken or a performance hog on one or both vendors.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

Nvidia-sponsored games either run bad on AMD or run bad/performance hog on both AMD Nvidia, there never seem to be a good news about it apart from getting the game for free if you buy a new GPU.

I don't care about AMD or Nvidia but every time I see a game that is "Nvidia sponsored" I shudder. On the otherhand AMD's "Gaming Evolved" titles and even Intel sponsored (e,g, Codemasters' FI and Grid series) games actually run very well.

Arkham Knight

Project Cars

Call of Duty Ghost

Arkham Origins

etc

etc

Exactly, I never have problems with AMD's Gaming Evolved games.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

I always love to see developers working closely with Nvidia

Expect -15fps on equivalently performing AMD cards, and tons of gameworks features nobody asked for

PCT5gLr.jpg

Arkham Knight

Project Cars

Call of Duty Ghost

Arkham Origins

etc

etc

This is BS. The reason why performance suffers with AMD hardware is high DX11 driver overhead for the CPU and the fact that AMD cards are slower in tessellation intensive scenarios, like Hairworks. This is 100% AMD's fault, so stop blaming Gameworks. GameWorks was AMD's excuse for their incompetence in optimizing their graphics driver and having poor performance in tessellation. Period.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

Ignorant people keep blaming GameWorks. I am so sick of this BS. The reason why performance suffers with AMD hardware is high DX11 driver overhead for the CPU and the fact that AMD cards are slower in tessellation intensive scenarios, like Hairworks. This is 100% AMD's fault, so stop blaming Gameworks. GameWorks was AMD's excuse for their incompetence in optimizing their graphics driver and having poor performance in tessellation. Period.

The reason that AMD sucks with hairworks is that Nvidia doesn't allow them to optimise there hardware for it.

The reason that AMD sucks with hairworks is that Nvidia doesn't allow them to optimise there hardware for it.

Bullshit. Don't be so naive. Project CARS for example was known to run like crap on AMD hardware. Here's why from a developer:

Project Cars uses a light pre-pass (aka deferred lighting) renderer.

This rendering method gives us the great flexibility that our game has in it's lighting - for example the night lighting (with many ights) and dynamic time of day are "easily" implemented when using this method. The method is not without disadvantages - the first is that MSAA doesn't work particularly well with it, and the second is that it increases the volume of draw-calls by 2x that are needed to render a scene.

Check these threads out for more info:

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

Bullshit. Don't be so naive. Project CARS for example was known to run like crap on AMD hardware. Here's why from a developer:

Hairworks...

AMD sucks at Hairworks because it's not optimised...