Windows 10 will be supported by Microsoft until year 2020..

Aye..Ten Years..

Microsoft-Windows-10-Banner.png

Good news folks , there has been official news from guys at microsoft that Windows 10 will be officially Supported & updated without any issues until 2020, Extended Support is till the year 2025..

We've heard of similar news when microsoft ended their support for one of their previous OS Windows XP , But later got an added bump on their updates life span  thanks to US Military :P

End of extended support for Windows 10 is set to be on  October 14, 2025 ,

End of official  support for th Windows 10 OS will be happening early on October 13, 2020...

msw-win10-hero-slider-familiar.png?versi

Windows 10 is set to release this summer , with RTM already officially released & the official unveiling of the final product version for the regular consumers  will be on 29th July

For Windows 10, Microsoft will continue its traditional 10-year support lifecycle. The five-year mainstream support phase begins with the release of Windows 10 on July 29, 2015, and a second five-year extended support phase begins in 2020 and extends until October 2025. (That's a few months later than July 29, 2025, because of the way Microsoft calculates support dates.)

windows-10-banner.png

According to the official site the End of mainstream support is set to happen on October 13, 2020 & the end of extended support is set on October 14, 2025..

** Updates are cumulative, with each update built upon all of the updates that preceded it. A device needs to install the latest update to remain supported. Updates may include new features, fixes (security and/or non-security), or a combination of both. Not all features in an update will work on all devices. A device may not be able to receive updates if the device hardware is incompatible, lacking current drivers, or otherwise outside of the Original Equipment Manufacturer's ("OEM") support period. Update availability may vary, for example by country, region, network connectivity, mobile operator (e.g., for cellular-capable devices), or hardware capabilities (including, e.g., free disk space).

If you're wondering about the update/support deadline  for other OS versions of microsoft is , it is as follows.

• Windows 8/ Windows 8.1

Official support Ends on      : January 9, 2018

Extended Support ends on  : January 10, 2023

• Windows 7

Official support Ends on      : January 13, 2015

Extended Support ends on  : January 14, 2020

• Windows Vista

Official support Ends on      : April 10, 2012
                   Extended Support ends on  :April 11, 2017

• Windows XP

Never Mind..

Windows_9X_BSOD.png

End of support

End of support refers to the date when Microsoft no longer provides automatic fixes, updates, or online technical assistance. This is the time to make sure you have the latest available update or service pack installed. Without Microsoft support, you will no longer receive security updates that can help protect your PC from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software that can steal your personal information. For more information go to Microsoft Support Lifecycle.

What do you guys have to say about this? Post/Leave your comments down below..

D link: http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-commits-to-10-year-support-lifecycle-for-windows-10/

Official Site: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle

FAQ:

What is the difference between mainstream support and extended support?

Mainstream support

Microsoft will offer mainstream support for a minimum of 5 years from the date of a product's general availability. For example, if you buy a new version of Windows and five years later another version is released, you will still have two years of support left for the previous version.

Extended support

Microsoft will offer extended support for a minimum of 5 years from the date of a product's general availability.

Details separate people.

regarding XP how long is that deal with the military said to last? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

But i thought they said that this will be like a final OS

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Good news folks , there has been official news from guys at microsoft that Windows 10 will be officialy Supported & updated without any issues until 2020, Extended Support is till the year 2025..

We've heard of similar news when microdsoft ended their support for one of their previous OS Windows XP , But later got an added bump on their updates life span  thanks to US Military :P

This isn't really news, it's just the same schedule as always. It's also not like Windows XP, which was supported for longer than what they're now promising for Windows 10 (and longer than they had intended for XP).

Windows 7 got the same 5/10 year support window, well actually 5½ and 10½ years since it was released in mid-2009 and support ends in early 2015/2020 (mainstream/extended).

If anyone is wondering, it has end of support dates due to how the branches work. There is Current Branch, Current Branch for Business, and Long Term Servicing Branch.

You can read Windows 10 updates/support system here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10#Update_and_support_system

You also see how the Windows Insider Preview Branch plays into things as well in that anything that gets to regular users is tested by Insiders first.

post-385-0-50282400-1437262552.png

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Wrong year in the title...?

Nah, it's just set up in a confusing manner. Mainstream support is until 2020, extended support until 2025.

So does this mean there will be a windows 11 and so on?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Nah, it's just set up in a confusing manner. Mainstream support is until 2020, extended support until 2025.

Yeah. Same thing was back in Late 2014 when all the tech journalists were going nuts about the end of mainstream support for Windows 7. All it means is that there won't be any new features and you can't call Microsoft for support.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

But i thought they said that this will be like a final OS

The support is only for Windows 10 RTM, future updates to Windows 10 will extend the deadline

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

regarding XP how long is that deal with the military said to last? 

until 2017

Details separate people.

I thought Windows 10 would be continuous and be the last one (updates but keeping the name).

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Not bad. That's longer than I've been using Windows 7, anyway.

You've been using Windows 7 for 10 years? Do you have a time machine?

You've been using Windows 7 for 10 years? Do you have a time machine?

2020 is five years away, dear, not 10. And I've been using Windows 7 for 4 years, which is less time than either of those numbers.

Actually I was wrong anyway, I have been using Windows 7 for five years as well, so they work out the same.

The support is only for Windows 10 RTM, future updates to Windows 10 will extend the deadline

hmm im watching them, sneaky sneaky microsoft

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

2020 is five years away, dear, not 10. And I've been using Windows 7 for 4 years, which is less time than either of those numbers.

Ohhh... You meant mainstream support. The end of that doesn't mean anything.

Ohhh... You meant mainstream support. The end of that doesn't mean anything.

It doesn't change anything either way. Extended support is still longer than I've been using Windows 7. More so, in fact.

So... it's status quo then? This is 100% normal for Microsoft. 5 years full support, another 5 years of extended support.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Ow, I saw this earlier today, its' for RTM just, right? Meaning, in the other hand you'll have support and updates, indeterminate? Mean you get new PC over time and use your license to continue having Windows.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

So... it's status quo then? This is 100% normal for Microsoft. 5 years full support, another 5 years of extended support.

this is mostly for the cynical's that though different because of the free upgrade and that 10 is the last normal* release

*normal as in the way ms used to offer new versions of windows that were massive overhauls

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Hmm I should upgrade from Windows 2000 with all of its unofficial service packs... time to experience 64bit computing I guess :blink:

No but what I am super happy about is how performance wise it apparently is on older hardware :D

Only thing i'm not liking is I will have to get use to a new layout since even though it claims to be like 7 from experience it is much different internally, also it does not beat Windows 7 in the looks department either IMO but worse of all is drop of floppy drive support without 3rd party drivers :unsure:

Let us see what Windows 10 has to offer until they drop support for my SCSI raid card then shit is going to hit the fan! :D   

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Not bad. That's longer than I've been using Windows 7, anyway.

Of course it isn't bad, this is the model they've been using for decades.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

when is windows 11 coming out

It will be announced after Windows 10 flops from a security problem caused by the automatic updating you can't turn off.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs