can you open your optical drive through the bios?

Rusty_Shackleford

Msi gaming 5

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

Msi gaming 5

English pls?

"can you your optical drive through the bios?"

-Quote of the year

I can my optical drive through my Gigabyte BIOS

i Still dont get it.

IM assuming he means see it?

Yes?

i Still dont get it.

IM assuming he means see it?

Yes?

I was joking.

I can see my optical drive (has a weird name in the BIOS) in the BIOS if that's what he means. I have a cheaper mobo too.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I should try eating a different colored carrot. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

English pls?

"can you your optical drive through the bios?"

-Quote of the year

Sorry I'm on my phone can I open my optical drive through the bios?y

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

Sorry I'm on my phone can I open m optical drive through the bios?

Why not just push the button?

Why not just push the button?

There isn't one on my case :/ at least not that I've noticed

Assuming it's jammed, there is a tiny pin hole somewhere on the front of the drive, push a bobby pin through there and it should force open, unless very very jammed.

KILLING IS HIS BUSINESS...

AND BUSINESS

IS GOOD!

Not as far as I'm aware, no bios has that option. If it's stuck there should be a little pin hole near the button to manually open the drive.

Edit: ninjaed :c

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Sorry I'm on my phone can I open my optical drive through the bios?y

probably not, there is a button on the optical drive just to let you know. If you need to get it open you can stick a paper clip into the tiny little hole that is on the optical drive tray and it should pop out.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Its not stuck thankfully I just don't know how I'm supposed to install windows without being able to open it

Turn it on, press the button, it just won't boot anything until you put in the dick and reboot.

EDIT: NOPE NOPE NOPE

DISK. DISK IN IT.

KILLING IS HIS BUSINESS...

AND BUSINESS

IS GOOD!

Turn it on, press the button, it just won't boot anything until you put in the dick and reboot.

EDIT: NOPE NOPE NOPE

DISK. DISK IN IT.

LMFAO

Its not stuck thankfully I just don't know how I'm supposed to install windows without being able to open it

I don't get what is so hard. Look at this video.

edit: if the front of your case looks like this it is because there is no drive installed yet.

air540_hero_up_1.jpg

You can install Windows from a USB drive, assuming you have a second computer to load Windows onto the USB.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

What computer do you have?

Pre built?

Built your own?

What case?

What optical drive?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."